Jump to content
mfitz804

GDT: Devils vs. Capitals, Friday 12/20/19, 7:00pm ET, Retro Night

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not a jersey guy, just not my thing. I wear an old ass replica Koho and will probably always wear it lol

My wife rocks my Marty that I bought in like 1997, I think its a Starter haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Subban really needs to go. Nashville absolutely knew he was done. Shero was played for a fool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, '7' said:

Subban really needs to go. Nashville absolutely knew he was done. Shero was played for a fool.

Which really surprises me, as I assume Shero and Poile are still close. 

i hate to think the worst but that move kind of seems like it was all for show at this point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also many a game now has to be watched on mute because Daneyko is just unlistenable. Can we please get somebody in there that has an appealing voice? It's bad enough we're losing and on top of that our color guy barks like a rottweiler. 

Edited by '7'
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Also many a game now has to be watched on mute because Daneyko is just unlistenable. Can we please get somebody in there that has an appealing voice? It's bad enough we're losing and on top of that our color guy barks like a rottweiler. 

It's like listening to a dumbed down version of Jesse Ventura for three hours. 

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, '7' said:

Subban really needs to go. Nashville absolutely knew he was done. Shero was played for a fool.

He won't be traded until after February 16th because that's his bobblehead night but it sure would be fitting for this season to have a bobblehead night for a traded player lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicomo said:

Which really surprises me, as I assume Shero and Poile are still close. 

i hate to think the worst but that move kind of seems like it was all for show at this point...

We're starting to see with Shero...he's just a poor judge of talent. He's not a good GM and was really never a good GM. The team should have more talent on it than it does now. And yes we are still suffering from some of Lou's old mistakes but a lot more of this is now Shero's fault than it was before. I'm not saying he should be fired yet but at the end of next year if it still looks as bleak as it is now, he needs to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Satans Hockey said:

He won't be traded until after February 16th because that's his bobblehead night but it sure would be fitting for this season to have a bobblehead night for a traded player lol

I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time it happened to a team

Either Subban is done or he's checked out. Whatever the case may be he's not performing and doesn't seem like he cares

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, '7' said:

We're starting to see with Shero...he's just a poor judge of talent. He's not a good GM and was really never a good GM. The team should have more talent on it than it does now. And yes we are still suffering from some of Lou's old mistakes but a lot more of this is now Shero's fault than it was before. I'm not saying he should be fired yet but at the end of next year if it still looks as bleak as it is now, he needs to go

I disagree he’s never been a good GM, but I do think his track record with defensemen is pretty poor. I trust him much more with forwards and goalies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicomo said:

I disagree he’s never been a good GM, but I do think his track record with defensemen is pretty poor. I trust him much more with forwards and goalies. 

Maybe, but I mean is Hischier developing like we expected him? I was thinking he'd be putting up more points than he is right now. Does Gusev have an NHL future? He brought Grabner in and he was trash. Bratt was a great find however and Palmieri was a good trade. Johansson totally fell apart as a player when he came here...though some bad injury luck is to blame.

I really just don't see him as the GM to get us to the next level. Shero at his best to me is...average

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

There are several first time full season ticket holders around me this season and with how this season is gone I don't blame any of them if they don't renew. Just sucks that this team started with the potential to lock in a lot of new people but have blown it with how this season has gone. 

Yeah it's having the stark opposite effect.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was traveling and got to listen to the radio. Man, I miss Chico's honesty and emotional responses on the broadcast. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, '7' said:

Maybe, but I mean is Hischier developing like we expected him? I was thinking he'd be putting up more points than he is right now. Does Gusev have an NHL future? He brought Grabner in and he was trash. Bratt was a great find however and Palmieri was a good trade. Johansson totally fell apart as a player when he came here...though some bad injury luck is to blame.

I really just don't see him as the GM to get us to the next level. Shero at his best to me is...average

Players not developing as well as you like them to (although I think Nico is pretty good most nights) is more of a coaching issue. But Shero has to answer for that because he’s obviously in charge of who’s behind the bench. 

Loyalty to underperforming coaches and lack of drafting and developing defensemen within our own system are my biggest beefs with Shero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was traveling and got to listen to the radio. Man, I miss Chico's honesty and emotional responses on the broadcast. 

If I wasn't depressed enough they talked on the post game radio show about how we could have drafted Carlson over dog sh!t Tedneby. 

  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If I wasn't depressed enough they talked on the post game radio show about how we could have drafted Carlson over dog sh!t Tedneby. 

Yea and they kind of, in a nice way, were like wtf were Lou and Conte thinking lol.

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Pretty much went as expected.

Yeah, though the first two periods were kinda competitive.

I’m not really annoyed, but I do get tired of the way teams like the Caps can just hit that “EASY” button whenever the mood strikes when they play the Devils.  Sometime it’s early in a game, sometimes during the second...and then you get a game like last night’s. 

And I get SH’s general frustration...it just sucks that this team and this season were basically toast by November.  Even some of the rotten 80s Devils could at least hang around into December (they’d usually fall apart sometime during that month).

If/when Shero can find a way to get Mr. Lindsey off this team, that will feel like a serious win.  I just don’t know how the hell he does it without retaining at least 2/3rds of his money, or giving up a decent body along with him.  But this is a PK + body (or pick) + eating money for a 6th round pick kind of deal.  Just to get him the fvck outta here.  There’s guys who give more in alumni games.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I’d like a mirco post game interview. I want to hear his thoughts. Has he ever gave one? I assume some players are off limits. 

What can he really say though?  “I’m sorry that it turns out that I’m not any good, even though I was once a first-round draft pick?”

As long as he’s gone after this season, I’ll suck it up watching him for now.  But yeah, he sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

If I wasn't depressed enough they talked on the post game radio show about how we could have drafted Carlson over dog sh!t Tedneby. 

I wanted Carlson in that draft, he said he was a Devil's fan, idolised Stevens. Our scouts talked to him , seemed like a sure thing. Was absolutely gutted when we didn't pick him. 

I also liked Teddy, he just couldn't get over his small stature. He has had a decent career in the SHL. He's now in Switzerland with Davos. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea and they kind of, in a nice way, were like wtf were Lou and Conte thinking lol.

Well the "new" nhl meant we needed smaller players with skill. That Tedenby pick is the most un-Lou and Conte pick I could think of. Why oh why they chose that moment I'll never understand. Carlson was just waiting for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anybody else see the graphic in the post game where it showed the Caps with 27 scoring chances on 29 shots!! Absurd and almost impossible to believe, I've never seen anything remotely close to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Did anybody else see the graphic in the post game where it showed the Caps with 27 scoring chances on 29 shots!! Absurd and almost impossible to believe, I've never seen anything remotely close to that.

Yeah pretty sure I had to choke back vomit on that one...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean the Caps are good. 

Not really harping too much on the game - what did we expect. 

But - I will say Blackwood continues to look really good. 

Subban - I was listening to 31 Thought Podcast yesterday and Elliote made a really good point on PK. Where he mentioned he talked to a source, who looked at knows PK and suggested someone might need to work with him on changing his training regimen. Look, if you follow him on Insta, you can see how hard that guy works on his training. Kudos to him. But someone said, if you watched him all summer, it's very power lifting heavy and he could be putting extra pounds on that is really slowing him down, especially with his age as a combinative factor. Friedman suggested someone may need to work with him on changing the way he trains, to lose some of the powerlifting muscle and lighten the load - so to speak. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, though the first two periods were kinda competitive.

I’m not really annoyed, but I do get tired of the way teams like the Caps can just hit that “EASY” button whenever the mood strikes when they play the Devils.  Sometime it’s early in a game, sometimes during the second...and then you get a game like last night’s. 

And I get SD’s general frustration...it just sucks that this team and this season were basically toast by November.  Even some of the rotten 80s Devils could at least hang around into December (they’d usually fall apart sometime during that month).

If/when Shero can find a way to get Mr. Lindsey off this team, that will feel like a serious win.  I just don’t know how the hell he does it without retaining at least 2/3rds of his money, or giving up a decent body along with him.  But this is a PK + body (or pick) + eating money for a 6th round pick kind of deal.  Just to get him the fvck outta here.  There’s guys who give more in alumni games.

whats my general frustration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.