GDT: Devil's Vs Blackhawks (apparently)

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Before this game, I wanted the Devils to get 30 shots on goal if they were ahead most of the game and 35 if they were behind - they're playing the most porous defense in the league.  They were ahead most of the game and got 44.  Huge performance.  One to build on, I hope - they're not going to score 7 goals in a game for the rest of the season, probably, but this at least shows that they can be good against bad teams, now the challenge is to be okay against good teams.

• Like 1

Didn’t get to see this one.  Wish I had.  
Oh, and fvck cancer.  Looks like my dad’s prostate cancer is back.  This just fvcking sucks.

• Sad 2

This game was perfect for all the haters. 

“Why do we keep playing Hayden”...scores and has his best game as a Devil

”Gusev can’t do anything but score goals”...3 assists.

”Subban never uses his big shot”...scores with the big shot. 

”Severson is a minus man”...goal and 2 assists, couldn’t be any lower than +2. 

”Almost” (that’s me saying it)...goal.

Also Wood looked great without cashing in and Blackwood slammed the door. 

Bad news...that was all the goals we were going to score in the next 20 games, we used them all in one night. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Nikita Gusev is quietly blossoming into exactly the player we were hoping for. Wonder if neboors still thinks he’s literally the second coming of Pierre Luc Letourno Leblond? 

Really seems like sitting and working with Elias was a big help in settling him down.  Glad that worked out.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This game was perfect for all the haters. 

“Why do we keep playing Hayden”...scores and has his best game as a Devil

”Gusev can’t do anything but score goals”...3 assists.

”Subban never uses his big shot”...scores with the big shot. 

”Severson is a minus man”...goal and 2 assists, couldn’t be any lower than +2. 

”Almost” (that’s me saying it)...goal.

Also Wood looked great without cashing in and Blackwood slammed the door. 

Bad news...that was all the goals we were going to score in the next 20 games, we used them all in one night. 

Same for Nico. This is the kind of game I’d point to when saying you really do have to just watch this kid night after night to fully appreciate him. His numbers might not look great at first glance, but he’s really, really good. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Nikita Gusev is quietly blossoming into exactly the player we were hoping for. Wonder if neboors still thinks he’s literally the second coming of Pierre Luc Letourno Leblond? 

it was going to come. You don't bring a skilled guy like him from the KHL and expect that he'll adjust right away to the NHL, especially to the defensive side of it.

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Really seems like sitting and working with Elias was a big help in settling him down.  Glad that worked out.  

Elias continues to be a gem to this franchise. Damn I love that guy. 

Also, sorry to hear about your Dad. Both me and my wife have lost family members we were super close with to cancer. It’s the fvcking worst. Hope everything works out for you guys. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it was going to come. You don't bring a skilled guy like him from the KHL and expect that he'll adjust right away to the NHL, especially to the defensive side of it.

There are plenty of people on this board who seemed to think exactly that.

14 minutes ago, moustic said:

And of course I felt asleep after the first goal of the game... Oooof course! 

Same story. How much times we were waiting for a miracle and it was some of buffalo game.

2 CR76

fock the cancer. Granny of my wife were gone because of this. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

The hawks are an older slower version of the devils . Unstructured mess. with sub par goaltending  still a solid showing and enjoyable to see a glimmer of hope.

They’re actually better than us in most areas. Kane has more points than pretty much our whole team combined lol,  and they have 3 other players with 20+ points (we have 2). Also, Lehner has a .924 SV%. They really should be riding him more and not having him split starts with Crawford. They’re definitely getting older at this point though, but they also play in possibly the toughest division.