GDT: Devil's Vs Blackhawks (apparently)

Chimaira_Devil_#9

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Didn’t get to see this one.  Wish I had.  
Oh, and fvck cancer.  Looks like my dad’s prostate cancer is back.  This just fvcking sucks.

That sucks bro.... all the best to your dad for a full and speedy recovery. He’ll be in my prayers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh, and fvck cancer.  Looks like my dad’s prostate cancer is back.  This just fvcking sucks.

fvck. Cancer.  

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family - hang in there.  By all accounts your Dad is a tough SOB, he'll beat this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Fuck cancer, its becoming so prevalent now, good luck to your father in his continued fight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Nikita Gusev is quietly blossoming into exactly the player we were hoping for. Wonder if neboors still thinks he’s literally the second coming of Pierre Luc Letourno Leblond? 

When Gusev was horrendous earlier this season - I simply noted the fact. I wasn't really expressing a bold opinion, formed in the depths of supreme analytical thought. Gusev sucked - he was not NHL playable. That's the way it is and that you can't see that is all emotion - the same emotion that drives you to start turning on our 23 year old goaltender the other day when he has one not so great game after five straight stellar ones.

And by the way, back when I was ripping on Gusev, it's not like anyone was making a concerted effort to refute my claims in a substantial way - something that would have been entirely legitimate (but also entirely difficult given how flagrant Gusev's poor play was). Of those who didn't agree with me on Gusev, most of what I got between here and the other places I post was, "But muh KHL MVP!!!" The reality is, when you tell less analytical fans something bad about a player on their team whom they have high hopes for, you're going to elicit a negative reaction and if you defend a player that such fans think sucks, you're also going to be the recipient of an acrimonious response. Both of the previous scenarios usually play out irrespective of the truth. The only way to win is to tell people what they want to hear.

And by the way when Gusev doesn't score for a handful of games at a time, people don't seem too happy with him either. In many of those games I thought Gusev played well - created some offense and made some smart decisions. The truth is, he has come a long way since the start of the season - he makes good plays all over the ice at times and he is truly beginning to activate his passing and playmaking skills. However, he's also nowhere near as good as people start saying he is after he has a good game and still makes a good amount of bad decisions. That doesn't mean I think he should be sent back to Russia and condemned to the Gulag - it's simply an observation of things as I see them.

16 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

When Gusev was horrendous earlier this season - I simply noted the fact. I wasn't really expressing a bold opinion, formed in the depths of supreme analytical thought. Gusev sucked - he was not NHL playable. That's the way it is and that you can't see that is all emotion - the same emotion that drives you to start turning on our 23 year old goaltender the other day when he has one not so great game after five straight stellar ones.

And by the way, back when I was ripping on Gusev, it's not like anyone was making a concerted effort to refute my claims in a substantial way - something that would have been entirely legitimate (but also entirely difficult given how flagrant Gusev's poor play was). Of those who didn't agree with me on Gusev, most of what I got between here and the other places I post was, "But muh KHL MVP!!!" The reality is, when you tell less analytical fans something bad about a player on their team whom they have high hopes for, you're going to elicit a negative reaction and if you defend a player that such fans think sucks, you're also going to be the recipient of an acrimonious response. Both of the previous scenarios usually play out irrespective of the truth. The only way to win is to tell people what they want to hear.

And by the way when Gusev doesn't score for a handful of games at a time, people don't seem too happy with him either. In many of those games I thought Gusev played well - created some offense and made some smart decisions. The truth is, he has come a long way since the start of the season - he makes good plays all over the ice at times and he is truly beginning to activate his passing and playmaking skills. However, he's also nowhere near as good as people start saying he is after he has a good game and still makes a good amount of bad decisions. That doesn't mean I think he should be sent back to Russia and condemned to the Gulag - it's simply an observation of things as I see them.

hes not the most gifted skater or stick handler, but he has that finishing touch on a somewhat consistent basis.  and we need scoring in any fashion 

Well that was a nice gift. Awesome to see 7 different Devils get a goal. That Hughes goal was sick and Gusev looked great. I loved Nico talking sh*t at the end of the game too. I feel bad for the Boqvist's parents, fly all that way and both your sons get hurt early on in the game. Hopefully it's nothing serious for either of them. 

Just wish that was a home game so we could have celebrated all those goals and a great win! Lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Thoughts and prayers for your Dad and family as he kicks the sh!t out of it again CR.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words, all of you.  One of many reasons that I love this damned place as much as I do.  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i love that all the negative nancies except maybe one are completely silent and MIA tonight.

strange

I rarely watch away games live anymore. Was busy last night and avoided the score until I watched the game this morning. I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Also a bit ridiculous to call anyone a negative nancy about this team when the team is in 30th of 31 teams in the standings. This one win certainly doesn't change that. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I rarely watch away games live anymore. Was busy last night and avoided the score until I watched the game this morning. I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Also a bit ridiculous to call anyone a negative nancy about this team when the team is in 30th of 31 teams in the standings. This one win certainly doesn't change that. 

True, but it was funny how SO many of the negatives were undone, at least for one night. 

Sure lots of dreadful scoring droughts we broken last night. Maybe next time it wouldn't be weeks in between goals for some key guys who should be leading this team. For one night all is well overall for the season not so much. 

Make a positive statement next game against a much better team and maybe there will be some positive momentum. 

Edited by titans04

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

@Chimaira_Devil_#9 you gonna make a new GDT...?

Was just about to ask the same question...

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

@Chimaira_Devil_#9 you gonna make a new GDT...?

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Was just about to ask the same question...

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

If he doesn’t, can we postpone the game?

If we lose tonight I blame you guys for caring too much. 

• Haha 2