GDT: Devil's Vs Leafs (like anyone gives a ...)

Chimaira_Devil_#9

30 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I follow two teams, devils hockey and Miami Hurricanes football.  Not sure which one is more painful to watch these days...actually, as bad as it sounds, the Devils games are somehow more enjoyable 

My two teams are the Devils and Dolphins.... looking forward to the draft is pretty much all I know how to do anymore.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

How many years until I no longer need to see Severson and Mueller on this defense? It feels like we wont have any decent defensemen on this fvcking team for at least 5 years 

Minus man is locked up for another three seasons and Wood and Butcher another two. 

8 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Damn shame we dont have the assets for a decent trade. We'll have to rely whats on the farm. or we trade our draft picks. Hope this Kid Bahl works out in hopefully near future

I looked at the farm earlier today and have been suffering with the sh!ts since. Don't do it.

Edited by titans04

Couldn’t be more done with Minus Man and Ferris Mueller.  Losers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Was a fun game to be at. All of my highlights happened off the ice. 

1) NJ Devil pie-ing a Rangers fan in the face. 

2) The PK chant included a guy yelling HONK in between each “Kill” because nobody had a vuvuzela.

3) The guy in my section that saw Cody Ceci get high sticked and yelled “Take that you pizza buffet motherfvcker!”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Mueller obviously sucked but Sevs did not need to bury the back hand come on now.

Does Minus Man get a + or a - on that GWG?

why he gets his trademark - of course. At some point you run out of ways to get a - so now he is getting creative 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

Did you see blackwoods face skating off the ice, he was pissed.. talk about a WTF look

Oh trust me, I saw it, I was 3 damn rows up from our defends twice end.

Severson should become the first hockey player on Mars. Let him be the ambassador for how to play defense but only be better than that guy. I saw nothing of his game that I liked tonight. We want to rag on PK consistently? I get it. But we’ve been saying the same sh!t about the minus man for years, he hasn’t gotten better, he’s only gotten exponentially worse. I’m done with that useless body filling a uniform, he passed Greene handedly on my sh!t list.

Absolute fvcking moron.

Just watched the game on the DVR. Nico, Bratt, Palms...love you guys. 

Severson and Mueller...what else can be said? Just awful. Sami Vatanen and Subban are the only two defensemen that could start on even a halfway decent team right now. And it’s not like the latter has been very good. 

Is there any defensemen worth taking with a top 5 pick in the draft this year? Seems like all the hype is for Lafreniere, Byfield, etc. But even if Smith and Bahl are ready soon this is just brutal. 

I feel bad for Blackwood. The only goal I fault him on was the Leafs 3rd one where he looked a bit of his angle. Other than that, hung out to dry once again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Just watched the game on the DVR. Nico, Bratt, Palms...love you guys. 

Severson and Mueller...what else can be said? Just awful. Sami Vatanen and Subban are the only two defensemen that could start on even a halfway decent team right now. And it’s not like the latter has been very good. 

Is there any defensemen worth taking with a top 5 pick in the draft this year? Seems like all the hype is for Lafreniere, Byfield, etc. But even if Smith and Bahl are ready soon this is just brutal. 

I feel bad for Blackwood. The only goal I fault him on was the Leafs 3rd one where he looked a bit of his angle. Other than that, hung out to dry once again.

Just watched it on the DVR too. Same thoughts. On a positive note, pretty good game against a very talented team. It's painful to realize how bad your team is, but this Toronto defense is just as horrible is ours. Could we beat them in OT or SO if Sevs didn't have that brain fart? Unlikely, but Bryce is right - it sucks to lose like that. What really sucks is we'll have to wait a loooong time till this team becomes competitive again.

4 hours ago, devlman said:

-9 on the season and -96 for his career had the audacity to call his shot on Blackwood a bad bounce! 

Now it’s -10 and -97, but he was actually at -100 at a couple of points this season.  Sad when -97 is almost a cause for celebration.

And for those who’ve been complaining about Nico...he now has 19 points over his last 25 GP.  Not too bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Now it’s -10 and -97, but he was actually at -100 at a couple of points this season.  Sad when -97 is almost a cause for celebration.

And for those who’ve been complaining about Nico...he now has 19 points over his last 25 GP.  Not too bad. 

Gusev is coming along too. 

I don't know what to think of Severson. Some good moment, great moments - some awful moments. We can't move him because we don't have much else, and his upside is better than we'll get in return. Also - I can hold out hope Severson can get a good partner down the line that's consistent. He's 25 still, with a lot of games under his belt. 

11 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Gusev is coming along too. 

I don't know what to think of Severson. Some good moment, great moments - some awful moments. We can't move him because we don't have much else, and his upside is better than we'll get in return. Also - I can hold out hope Severson can get a good partner down the line that's consistent. He's 25 still, with a lot of games under his belt. 

I don’t think he’s ever going to be very good defensively. I’d say the best we can hope for is some decent offensive production. There’s no reason he shouldn’t be scoring double digit goals every season with his shot. 

Andy green is the only devil dman not in the minus.. his play has turned around big time this year.. hes fully healthy and has more hockey smarts than the others.  I could see a team asking about him at the deadline for some depth and PK.  Then again I'm comparing him to other devil defensemen,  so...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Andy green is the only devil dman not in the minus.. his play has turned around big time this year.. hes fully healthy and has more hockey smarts than the others.  I could see a team asking about him at the deadline for some depth and PK.  Then again I'm comparing him to other devil defensemen,  so...

Greene has been so steadfast this season it’s scary. A few blunders, but on this team a few is better than the human personification of diarrhea that is Damon Severson, I’ll take it. He exemplified his leadership last night when he was the first to comfort the Minus Man after being an idiot, and skated with him off the ice, and remember, I’ve been one of his biggest critics the last few years.

He’d be a great add to a contender’s bottom pair/PK, should he want to go and we want to deal him.