GDT: Devil's Vs Leafs (like anyone gives a ...)

Chimaira_Devil_#9

35 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I feel awful for severson. He’s had a tough year, but he’s clearly one of the 3 best defenseman on the team. He’s called “minus man” by the dinguses on this website who still think +/- is a stat worth talking about. 

he’s not aggressively bad in the way Mueller is. And after meeting him a few times, he’s one hell of a nice guy. 

He’s looked terrible for a while now, +/- aside, and yeah I can him the minus man for his record setting futility in a useless stat.

I’m glad he’s a nice guy off the ice, as we’ve all agreed a good number of hockey players are, but doesn’t change him being a liability when he isn’t chipping in offensively. I think he doesn’t fit our system, granted I don’t think we even know what our system is since it’s changed 37+ times this season already.

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

I feel awful for severson. He’s had a tough year, but he’s clearly one of the 3 best defenseman on the team. He’s called “minus man” by the dinguses on this website who still think +/- is a stat worth talking about. 

he’s not aggressively bad in the way Mueller is. And after meeting him a few times, he’s one hell of a nice guy. 

“Minus Man” was my invention, and I’m well aware that +/- doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story when it comes to evaluating players.  But in the end, this guy is now 25 years old and I’ve simply grown tired of him waiting to figure it out...outside of some occasional offensive surges, the guy just doesn’t bring a whole hell of a lot to the table.

Cory seems like a hell of a nice guy too, and in general I think that’s true of a lot of NHLers...for some reason there seems to be lot less d!cks in hockey than in any other pro sport.  I have nothing against Seves the person.  Just the not-so-good hockey player.  

Damon is like many other devil defensemen, you need to take the good with the bad. they are good/average on the offensive side, can push the metrics to even but are not so good in their defensive end covering 5v5 ... he was moved to the 3rd pairing yet his minutes increased so go figure? dont know where the future is for Damon,  our D isnt very good.  wonder how the devils stand on dump-in clearing vs the league?

I was out of town and had to DVR this game. I ended up recording the Toronto broadcast (SportsNet Ontario). Holy homerism. This crew made Root Sports, Jack Edwards, and Daneyko look fair and balanced. According to them, Toronto dominated the entire game, and the Devils only scored because the Maple Leafs let them score. The one thing I did like was the shot counter under the scores. Wish MSG would show that.