NJD @ OTT - 5PM - MSG

RunninWithTheDevil

21 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

I hate to nitpick but we're 4-3-1 (it seemed a little optimistic so I checked, reg losses to Colorado, Washington and Columbus), but I agree with your point. Hall's teams have almost always been bottom feeders, not his fault but on the other hand other than 17-18 he has never shown the ability to move the needle for his team.  

Tbf he was playing really well last year before getting injured. Over a PPG. It looked like his dominance from the MVP season had carried over, but he certainly didn’t look the same this season. And it wasn’t just being snake bitten and hitting posts and whatnot, his skating seemed off. 

Absolutely bullsh!t that there was no penalty on the Nico play, really glad he's alright. 

I don't know what the hell Severson was doing throwing the puck up the middle of the ice on a weak backhand that turned into the tying goal late for Ottawa. Daneyko barely called him out for it.

fvck it though...HUGHESSSSSSSS! Absolutely awesome play by him and so happy that he scored on that. Should do wonders for his confidence. Great play by Palms as well. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

It's funny how playing against an AHL caliber lineup can actually make us look like an NHL team.

Couple of shaky goals by Blackwood, but he was owed after the Toronto BS ending

They have some good players on that team. 

Tkachuk, White, Chabot...

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Tbf he was playing really well last year before getting injured. Over a PPG. It looked like his dominance from the MVP season had carried over, but he certainly didn’t look the same this season. And it wasn’t just being snake bitten and hitting posts and whatnot, his skating seemed off. 

He didn’t look nearly as dynamic last year as he had in 2017-18, though his offensive numbers were still quite good regardless.  This year felt like another step in that “less dynamic” direction...it got to the point where I was no longer expecting him to finish when he would get or create a prime scoring opportunity.  And that’s been an issue with him over the past six seasons, with the exception of 2017-18 of course.  He doesn’t finish as much as you’d expect of someone like him.  At the time, I thought 2017-18 was the beginning of the end of that for him...not that I expected exact repeats of what felt like a career year. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

16 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Since when are 40 point players considered anything more than mediocre?

Certainly wouldn't call him good.and his numbers are worse this year. He's often called out in local media for sucking.

He was at 0.578 PPG as a 21 year old rookie. That’s not a mediocre player. He also plays a good 2-way game. 

Edited by Nicomo

• 1 year later...