NJD @ NYI 7PM NBCS - New Year, New Jersey?

RunninWithTheDevil

Goose now has 26 pts in 36 games played. Obviously doesn't count how important he has been in the shootout either. Love having him. 

Nico is the man. He could be THE MAN for this team. Jack and Nico are going to lead this team and I hope to god the management can be competent enough to build something worthwhile around them. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

For the Devils to make the playoffs, realistically they’d need to go 30-13 or a combination of that (28-9-4, etc). That would mean playing the rest of the season at a 114-point pace. 

its just not happening. But it’s a real blast watching good hockey again. 

A post MacLean run would be fun, I also dont give a sh!t if I typed his name wrong again, and who cares if we get a higher pick, our guys need to learn to win, badly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

For the Devils to make the playoffs, realistically they’d need to go 30-13 or a combination of that (28-9-4, etc). That would mean playing the rest of the season at a 114-point pace. 

its just not happening. But it’s a real blast watching good hockey again. 

And that's the reality of it.  Enjoy the wins and the steps forward while absorbing the losses and mis-steps. If they remain sellers at the deadline this roster is going to take a step backwards when it's pretty thin to begin with. All a part of it when trying to dig out of a huge hole.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Last year I was in the “we desperately need to lose and get better picks” Camp.

this year in firmly in the “the core we have right now needs to feel what it’s like to not be a doormat for the first time in their NHL career.” I’ll be happy with a ~10th overall pick if it means a second half resurgence and momentum heading into next season. 

Every time I watch a Lafreniere video I want to lose every game until April, but goddamn if these last three games haven't been fun to watch. I missed having fun watching Devils hockey. 

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Goose now has 26 pts in 36 games played. Obviously doesn't count how important he has been in the shootout either. Love having him. 

Nico is the man. He could be THE MAN for this team. Jack and Nico are going to lead this team and I hope to god the management can be competent enough to build something worthwhile around them. 

Future looks pretty bright with Nico, Hughes, and Mac as our core. Just build the blue line up and we could be a really good team. 

This is the first game I've seen since the Christmas break - glad I wasn't a jinx.  Solid game against a decent team.  Devils played them even and got a bounce.  Blackwood was great.

I still don't like the R-R/L-L pairings.  Let's see less of that in 2020, please.

Glad the broadcast highlighted Gusev's insane fake mishandle of the puck on the PP - I was pretty sure live that that was deliberate and had to go back to check.  Sure enough.  A bit ballsy to do it while up 1 in the 3rd period.

The Islanders seem to have a ton of plugs.  I don't know how they have won so many games.

its been fun watching these guys again. Mac is legit playing super well which is encouraging and the boys seems to be sharper and have more energy. I didn't even feel like we'd blow that lead at the end. Earlier this season it was a given

My boy scored. Hopefully this is the start of him somewhat finding his offensive game again, he's been better lately

And then here its also been great, i mentioned it a few times already but since we've been winning the cancer of this board has been almost completely silent, absent from GDT and not posting negative sh!t every 4-5 posts and creating god knows how many threads specifically to whine about Shero. 

Hopefully the boys keep it going.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Last year I was in the “we desperately need to lose and get better picks” Camp.

this year in firmly in the “the core we have right now needs to feel what it’s like to not be a doormat for the first time in their NHL career.” I’ll be happy with a ~10th overall pick if it means a second half resurgence and momentum heading into next season. 

Completely agree. I don’t think we’re likely to get AL anyway. DET is way worse. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Completely agree. I don’t think we’re likely to get AL anyway. DET is way worse. 

there's still a good chance with the lottery but we don' have Hall anymore so.

Could you imagine we'd pull a Flyers in 2017 and go from like 12th overall to 2nd lol 

Edited by SterioDesign