NJD @ NYI 7PM NBCS - New Year, New Jersey?

Last year I was in the “we desperately need to lose and get better picks” Camp.

this year in firmly in the “the core we have right now needs to feel what it’s like to not be a doormat for the first time in their NHL career.” I’ll be happy with a ~10th overall pick if it means a second half resurgence and momentum heading into next season. 

• Like 8
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last year I was in the “we desperately need to lose and get better picks” Camp. this year in firmly in the “the core we have right now needs to feel what it’s like to not be a doormat for the fir

I mean... it's like some fans think it's easy to just "pick the right guys" lol and that if you don't have a strong group that it's cause you failed. Sometimes looking at the big picture can help unde

Goose now has 26 pts in 36 games played. Obviously doesn't count how important he has been in the shootout either. Love having him.  Nico is the man. He could be THE MAN for this team. Jack and N

Posted Images

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

this year in firmly in the “the core we have right now needs to feel what it’s like to not be a doormat for the first time in their NHL career.” I’ll be happy with a ~10th overall pick if it means a second half resurgence and momentum heading into next season. 

Every time I watch a Lafreniere video I want to lose every game until April, but goddamn if these last three games haven't been fun to watch. I missed having fun watching Devils hockey. 

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Goose now has 26 pts in 36 games played. Obviously doesn't count how important he has been in the shootout either. Love having him. 

Nico is the man. He could be THE MAN for this team. Jack and Nico are going to lead this team and I hope to god the management can be competent enough to build something worthwhile around them. 

Future looks pretty bright with Nico, Hughes, and Mac as our core. Just build the blue line up and we could be a really good team. 

This is the first game I've seen since the Christmas break - glad I wasn't a jinx.  Solid game against a decent team.  Devils played them even and got a bounce.  Blackwood was great.

I still don't like the R-R/L-L pairings.  Let's see less of that in 2020, please.

Glad the broadcast highlighted Gusev's insane fake mishandle of the puck on the PP - I was pretty sure live that that was deliberate and had to go back to check.  Sure enough.  A bit ballsy to do it while up 1 in the 3rd period.

The Islanders seem to have a ton of plugs.  I don't know how they have won so many games.

its been fun watching these guys again. Mac is legit playing super well which is encouraging and the boys seems to be sharper and have more energy. I didn't even feel like we'd blow that lead at the end. Earlier this season it was a given

My boy scored. Hopefully this is the start of him somewhat finding his offensive game again, he's been better lately

And then here its also been great, i mentioned it a few times already but since we've been winning the cancer of this board has been almost completely silent, absent from GDT and not posting negative sh!t every 4-5 posts and creating god knows how many threads specifically to whine about Shero. 

Hopefully the boys keep it going.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Completely agree. I don’t think we’re likely to get AL anyway. DET is way worse. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Completely agree. I don’t think we’re likely to get AL anyway. DET is way worse. 

there's still a good chance with the lottery but we don' have Hall anymore so.

Could you imagine we'd pull a Flyers in 2017 and go from like 12th overall to 2nd lol 

Edited by SterioDesign
Just now, SterioDesign said:

there's still a good chance with the lottery but we don' have Hall anymore so.

Idk. Winning 3 times in 4 years? I wouldn’t bet on those odds. 

Just now, Guadana said:

btw devs played well on national broadcast. Everybody satisfied?

I’m glad they were giving Nico lots of love on the broadcast. People just don’t know how good this kid is if they don’t regularly watch him. 

• Like 2
Just now, Nicomo said:

Idk. Winning 3 times in 4 years? I wouldn’t bet on those odds. 

well depending on where we land we may slot in the top 3 at least.

Or since its so simply according to some fans here... we should just pick the best player and not who's projected #1 by all scouts. Just like we should have known and picked Petterson instead of Hischier like it was obvious lol

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well depending on where we land we may slot in the top 3 at least.

Or since its so simply according to some fans here... we should just pick the best player and not who's projected #1 by all scouts. Just like we should have known and picked Petterson instead of Hischier like it was obvious lol

defer the 1st pick if we were to be awarded it. That way there's no tainting and no risk.

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Future looks pretty bright with Nico, Hughes, and Mac as our core. Just build the blue line up and we could be a really good team. 

People go so hot and cold with Mac here. I think he has the potential. He just has to put it together. Will certainly help to get some of the dead wood out from in front of him. As much sh!t as we give him, imagine next year without Greene. Possibly without Vats too. Mac could be in for it.

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

People go so hot and cold with Mac here. I think he has the potential. He just has to put it together. Will certainly help to get some of the dead wood out from in front of him. As much sh!t as we give him, imagine next year without Greene. Possibly without Vats too. Mac could be in for it.

to be fair to him it's still pretty early on to know exactly what he is but it's encouraging most nights at this point. Desperately need a backup here at some point.

32 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

gotta put Bratt in that group too. Hard to believe he was a 6th round pick 2-3 years ago

Just happy for the team.  Always happy for these guys when they win.  Especially the kids.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Every time I watch a Lafreniere video I want to lose every game until April, but goddamn if these last three games haven't been fun to watch. I missed having fun watching Devils hockey. 

If we have a top 10 pick we’ll get an impact player.  We don’t need Lafreniere if it means losing nonstop and having this core not learn and develop winning habits. We have the core we need already. Now it’s just about development and surrounding them well.0

31 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

gotta put Bratt in that group too. Hard to believe he was a 6th round pick 2-3 years ago

For sure. I only wish Gusev and Coleman were a little younger. 

50 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I’ve never really been cold on him. I see a #1 when I watch him. 

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

If we have a top 10 pick we’ll get an impact player.  We don’t need Lafreniere if it means losing nonstop and having this core not learn and develop winning habits. We have the core we need already. Now it’s just about development and surrounding them well.0

What core D do we have? Let's hope for a better impact player then whatever pick we blew on Zacha. By no means am I hoping to lose games going forward.

Edited by titans04
Just now, titans04 said:

What core D do we have? Let's hope for a better impact player the whatever pick we blew on Zacha. By no means am I hoping to lose games going forward.

Yeah, there is no core guys on defense atm. I like Vatanen, but I’d be fine trading any one of them tbh. 

We have to hope Ty Smith works out. 

I absolutely can't stand Islanders fans these past bunch of years so I love beating them. Hope we can do it again Tuesday. 

Awesome goals by PK and Nico and some amazing saves by Blackwood. 

I'll also take Kenny's barking over having to listen to Pierre any day of the week. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, there is no core guys on defense atm. I like Vatanen, but I’d be fine trading any one of them tbh. 

We have to hope Ty Smith works out. 

Yeah that's my concern too.  Got a lot of work to do back there and if they deal Vats that's going to be taking a further step backwards initially.

If you believe the NHL that the lotto balls aren’t rigged — and I do — the fact that we’ve won 2 lottery’s in the past three years has no bearing on this season. 

i still stand by “I want to see this team put some dubs on the board and feel good about themselves.”