GDT: Islanders @ Devils 7:00 PM Retro night

MadDog2020

Just now, titans04 said:

slim pickens these days outside of Palms.

Palms and Coleman. But it would be nice to see other players look dominant for large portions of games instead of just an occasional goal every so often. Lately Nico and Mac have been carrying the team most nights. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Be nice if him and Nico got some help. 

Palms has actually been pretty consistent this season...less streaky.  Some big goals too.  Goose has improved steadily since his sitdown with Elias.  And Coleman has a stubborn nose for the net.  I agree that they need MORE help, but there’s guys contributing.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Absolutely annoying game to be at. Can't stand these idiotic fans. Burn these awful white retro jerseys too.

Yeah as much as I hate Rangers fans first and foremost...the Islander faithful are moving up my sh!tlist.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

brutal. 

These are the kind of games where they should take no solace in the point. Late lead blown and then terrible change to cost them the second point. Damn it.

Disagree completely.  They were trailing and had to battle back twice to tie the game and then again to get the lead. Yes they gave it up and it went to OT, but the Isles are no slouch, and played just as tough and better.  If we fix a few of the issues from tonight, we're a very solid team. 

This team really should be celebrating the fact that, over the past two weeks or so, not only have they been playing much better overall and consistently, but they've been doing it against basically the best teams in the league.  The Caps, the Bruins, the Stars, the Avs twice, the Isles twice, I mean c'mon...

This coaching staff has a huge opportunity to encourage this group of players and build some big time morale.  It's been well earned. 

• Like 1