Jump to content

GDT: Islanders @ Devils 7:00 PM Retro night


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't want to take all the credit , but ever since I called Nico out in my festive Devil's song he has basically been on fire.  That's the player we were all hoping we drafted, he is trying thi

He's been using his shot much more effectively lately. Hopefully all part of the post-Hynes improvement the team is going through. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

wtf is wrong with Jack? Leg injury? Argggh this lack of transparency is killing me.

Upper body, he went hard into the boards in the Boston game thanks to John Moore. Probably something shoulder related based on the play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

wtf is wrong with Jack? Leg injury? Argggh this lack of transparency is killing me.

They've said upper body injury from the beginning

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if you're coming to the game tonight, it's the food drive. Anything over 4 items gets you a free voucher for 2 tickets to a future game. I still think it should be a minimum of 10 items like it used to be but bring as much as you can. 

Here is what they need most... 

raw.png

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What are we, 0-17 in our retro jerseys?  You'd think we would indeed have to win in them eventually, but we've said that the last 16 times, so...I'm not really sure it'll happen tonight.  Hope it does though.

Let's Go Devils.  Play the way you did last week against these guys, and we can win again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What are we, 0-17 in our retro jerseys?  You'd think we would indeed have to win in them eventually, but we've said that the last 16 times, so...I'm not really sure it'll happen tonight.  Hope it does though.

Let's Go Devils.  Play the way you did last week against these guys, and we can win again.

I don't know the record but it isn't good, we might have a win or 2 in the retro reds but I know for a fact we have never won in the retro whites lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

That's a shame about the record, I love the white retros. I always prefer the white Devils jerseys and I wish they were still our home ones.

I like the white retros too...a lot (wasn't much of a fan of the red Edge retros).  I have Bratt's GW retro from last year and will later have Palms' GW retro from this season.  Really wish they would start winning in them.

Also agree on whites at home and colors on the road...if nothing more than to not see white jerseys for the away teams almost every game.  Would be nice to see more of a variety of colors.

And if we ever get another uni redesign, I would be fine with the current white retros as a template for the home unis, but with the green swapped out for black...and the away unis to be red and black, but with the shoulder yoke to have the same layout as the old away red and greens.  The rest of the red unis would have the same layout as the 80s oldies, save for that "extra" white stripe on the sleeves that's supposed to be a border, but looks more like an extra white stripe that shouldn't be there...that stripe would be eliminated.  Those jerseys would be a nice combo of Sandow/CCM and Edges...and would get rid of those ham-fisted homages to the Scouts, Rockies, and Newark Bulldogs (?!) that almost no one gives a fvck about.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't know the record but it isn't good, we might have a win or 2 in the retro reds but I know for a fact we have never won in the retro whites lol

Elias scored an OT goal once in our retros. He wore the Irish hat when he came out as the # 1 star!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

LGD! 

Nice touch that we are wearing the retros that Lou hated so much with Lou in the building. And with someone wearing 13 to boot. 

And the "high" numbers of course (though as we saw, Lou would make exceptions for certain players, so I'm sure Subban's 76 would've been OK with him...numbers like Bratt's 63, Boqvist's 90 and Gusev's 97, probably not).  

Nichols wanted to wear #98 when he was dealt here...Lou told him no.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And the "high" numbers of course (though as we saw, Lou would make exceptions for certain players, so I'm sure Subban's 76 would've been OK with him...numbers like Bratt's 63, Boqvist's 90 and Gusev's 97, probably not).  

Nichols wanted to wear #98 when he was dealt here...Lou told him no.  

Just imagine Hughes coming in as a rookie asking Lou for 86 haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.