GDT: NJ Devils vs those F*ckers in Blue, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

Dammit.  Sucks when your daughter comes home late from 4H, says she's tired, and you say "That's OK, Devils - Rangers are on, but you're not missing a damned thing...you can go to sleep if you want."

Taking her to Sunday's game against the Lightning...this kid is going to hate me.

19 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well the last three aren't much of a surprise tbh but Boqvist has been a dissapointment.

The points haven’t been there for Boqvist so far (can’t believe he still doesn’t have any assists), but he does have 4 goals in 29 GP. That’s double digit goals per an 82 games pace. Not bad really for his rookie season. 

He certainly has flashes where he looks like one of the most dynamic players on the ice from time to time. 

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The points haven’t been there for Boqvist so far (can’t believe he still doesn’t have any assists), but he does have 4 goals in 29 GP. That’s double digit goals per an 82 games pace. Not bad really for his rookie season. 

He certainly has flashes where he looks like one of the most dynamic players on the ice from time to time. 

LOL that's really a low bar for a guy that was getting hyped up as a top-middle six forward this offseason.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL that's really a low bar for a guy that was getting hyped up as a top-middle six forward this offseason.

He only has 3 less goals than the guy who went 2nd overall last year and was supposed to be tearing the league up right now. And he’s played in 10 fewer games. 

Granted Boqvist is a few years older, but it’s still his first season playing in North America. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

My God......literally every single time I see or hear this guy's name all I think about is Provorov

That and how do we get this guy out of here

Idk but I find it funny the same people that want to give Boqvist so much sh!t in his first season in North America have been making excuses for Zacha for 4 years...

if you include the shootout Boqvist is putting the puck in the net far more than our “power forward” we drafted at 6th overall.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

My God......literally every single time I see or hear this guy's name all I think about is Provorov

That and how do we get this guy out of here

Or Barzal...or Meier...or Rantanan.  

I say ship him the F out in a package that includes Vats (because no one will take Almost straight up). Zacha literally does nothing but skate around the ice. His passes get broken up half the time, he's weak along the boards, and plays at half speed most of the game. 

I so hope they get rid of him. 

58 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I say ship him the F out in a package that includes Vats (because no one will take Almost straight up). Zacha literally does nothing but skate around the ice. His passes get broken up half the time, he's weak along the boards, and plays at half speed most of the game. 

I think you're letting your hate for the guy blind you a little. He's 4th on the team in assists and 6th in scoring while playing in a bottom 6 role. He's not going to be what people wanted in a top ten pick but he's certainly not as bad as people try to make him out to be. 

I also don't understand why people go after Boqvist either. I don't think anyone honestly expected him to step into the top 2 lines and put up points right away. 

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

Did you watch last night's game?  Zacha literally deked a guy out of his jock and was the whole reason Rooney was able to score a shorthanded goal.  It was a great effort and a nice display of skill.  Does he do that often enough?  Of course not, but the guy has flashes every now and then, and he's a valuable penalty killer even when he's not scoring.  I'm not saying I wouldn't trade him in the right deal, but to say he's worthless and that he should be gotten rid of for pennies on the dollar, ESPECIALLY when there's no real viable or better replacements if you do get rid of him, is not at all justified. 

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think you're letting your hate for the guy blind you a little. He's 4th on the team in assists and 6th in scoring while playing in a bottom 6 role. He's not going to be what people wanted in a top ten pick but he's certainly not as bad as people try to make him out to be. 

I also don't understand why people go after Boqvist either. I don't think anyone honestly expected him to step into the top 2 lines and put up points right away. 

All solid points.

glass half empty vs the glass is broken

Zacha is a broken glass imo.  In my book it's not good enough and never will be with what he brings (or doesn't bring at all) year after year. I would prefer to never see him take the ice for us ever again. I would love to see him moved even within the division because the risk of him ever coming back to bite you is nill.

For Jesper it's early but the early returns are meh. 

As for the D fire them all into the sun minus Vats because he'll be moved anyway.

Nas and all the assistants can also be fired into the sun.

Turn the page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

“If you include the shootout” lmao dude any point you’re trying to make disappeared quickly when you want to include shootout fvcking goals in a player comparison.

this is coming from the guy that’s been pimping Boqvist’s tires since halfway through season.

He’s good at hockey because of something that isn’t hockey. Sounds right to me. 

16 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Did you watch last night's game?  Zacha literally deked a guy out of his jock and was the whole reason Rooney was able to score a shorthanded goal.  It was a great effort and a nice display of skill.  Does he do that often enough?  Of course not, but the guy has flashes every now and then, and he's a valuable penalty killer even when he's not scoring.  I'm not saying I wouldn't trade him in the right deal, but to say he's worthless and that he should be gotten rid of for pennies on the dollar, ESPECIALLY when there's no real viable or better replacements if you do get rid of him, is not at all justified. 

All solid points.

Flashes of adequacy, that’s Zacha’s deal.

Our PK is 19th in the league, how valuable is he?

He’ll never be more than what he is now. Cut your losses. Find the equivalent D-Man and hope the change of scenery benefits them both. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2