GDT: Devils @ Capitals 7:00pm EST

NJDevils1214

UGH, I almost always attend the Devils' games in DC, but couldn't easily do so today due to work commitments.  (The fact there were NFL playoff games today and the Devils will be back in DC five days from now, a game I will attend, were also factors.)  So the Devils decide to post their most impressive win of the season tonight.  (Shakes head in personal disappointment and positive amazement.)

Good to see the Devils play such a good game even if I wasn't there to see it.

Edited by CHIP72
  • Like 2

Three observations from tonight’s game:

1) We dominated the #1 overall team in the league. And they didn’t even play their backup goalie, and we did. Wtf?

2) Nico, no matter what, you’re an All Star to us.

3) From the 2nd intermission, Bobby Holik wearing glasses looks like Smart Hulk from Endgame. 

• Like 7

Devils played okay - given the opponent, you have to be really happy with a 5-1 win. They took advantage of their chances. I mean Gusev is just the king of making the most of what he gets. With how the Devils are playing, they'll get some quality looks every night, and some nights they're gonna convert and other nights they're not. A bit of luck helps and as always, coming out with a win is going to mean getting good goaltending - and the better the goaltending is, the longer the winning streaks can be. The Caps, despite outplaying the Devils, looked like they were in a bit of a funk. Dano actually mentioned that they looked out of sync and I thought that was on the money. They were cycling the puck and had a lot of o-zone possession time but their passing was just not quite up to their usual standard. They really didn't execute any significantly dangerous one timers despite attempting to set them up quite a few times. Still, they had plenty of good chances and Domingue stood tall. Funny enough, I said to myself going into tonight that if Domingue had another bad game, the team was going to start thinking about bringing Cory back up - especially with his very strong play of late in Binghamton. I guess now we don't have to wonder about that for at least a few more games.

Edited by Neb00rs

Nothing too much scarier than when you take your daughter out for a burger...and then suddenly everything starts going gray and you realize that you’re going to faint.  Once I placed the order, I told her what was going on, then barely made it to the restaurant bathroom, where I was able to regain my bearings just enough to make it to my car, while my daughter waited for our food.

So basically once I got home, I was fading in and out of sleep/feeling like ass...really wish I could’ve watched this one without feeling like death.  But the bits I saw were a lot of fun.  Loving Nico’s game and how productive he’s been.  Feeling much better today (not 100%, but def better)...we’re going to tonight’s game...would be a riot if they could somehow beat the Lightning too.

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nothing too much scarier than when you take your daughter out for a burger...and then suddenly everything starts going gray and you realize that you’re going to faint.  Once I placed the order, I told her what was going on, then barely made it to the restaurant bathroom, where I was able to regain my bearings just enough to make it to my car, while my daughter waited for our food.

So basically once I got home, I was fading in and out of sleep/feeling like ass...really wish I could’ve watched this one without feeling like death.  But the bits I saw were a lot of fun.  Loving Nico’s game and how productive he’s been.  Feeling much better today (not 100%, but def better)...we’re going to tonight’s game...would be a riot if they could somehow beat the Lightning too.

Feel better, are you coming down with something?

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Feel better, are you coming down with something?

I think it was just a 24hr stomach bug...woke up feeling off yesterday, then it just kind of hit me at the burger joint.  Had some issues for a while all night, but I’d say I’m about 75-80% now.  

9 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Funny enough, I said to myself going into tonight that if Domingue had another bad game, the team was going to start thinking about bringing Cory back up - especially with his very strong play of late in Binghamton. I guess now we don't have to wonder about that for at least a few more games.

I don’t want Cory back up here this year. I don’t care what he’s doing in the AHL. It’s over. Let him finish the year down there and buy him out in July. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think it was just a 24hr stomach bug...woke up feeling off yesterday, then it just kind of hit me at the burger joint.  Had some issues for a while all night, but I’d say I’m about 75-80% now.  

Hope you feel better man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1