Devils recall Schneider.

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

You're crazy.

The chances are unanimously less than 1% that this team makes the post-season. The run they would have to go on would make that one they did after Jmac got canned look like an easy Sunday afternoon. 

Create the GDT already 😛

40 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Gotta be some really bad pain, if he had a concussion he wouldn't have played in that Rangers game. 

Maybe he thought he could tough it out and admitted it was affecting him during the game? I’m grasping cause now the team’s finally gelling and we’re going to the soulless wonder for yet another comeback chance...

56 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'd like to see the team win, but it honestly can't hurt that much. It isn't like the points matter.

No but he’ll string together enough halfway decent starts that Shero will bring him back next season and we’ll go through this all again...

Oh boy, wasn’t expecting to see this today.

Since the Hall trade, I’ve really just wanted to see this team build towards next season.  For the most part, they’ve been doing exactly that.  Hopefully this goaltending situation doesn’t lead to another sh!t show 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You can’t have expected him to be in the AHL forever. He has to be moved. To be moved he has to play. 

Unless he continues to sh!t the bed. 

If he gets sent back down does he have to clear waivers? Because if he plays half decent you never know... 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You can’t have expected him to be in the AHL forever. He has to be moved. To be moved he has to play. 

I think they called him up to start his audition to see if he can be moved for anything. No matter how well he plays, I don’t think he has a future here.

Don't really get the outrage here - the Devils' goaltending depth is abysmal and Cory is either the second or third best option right now depending on how heavily you weigh Domingue's last game.

It be fitting for Cory to get the start tonight. The last time the Devils played the Lightning, they had one of their best games of the season. But they lost 7-6 because Cory was beyond dreadful and he seemed demoralized in his postgame interview. That was also versus a Tampa team that was slumping. It'd make no sense on paper for the Devils to win such a game tonight with Tampa on fire, but the hockey gods love this kind of sh!t.

Edited by Neb00rs

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No GM in their right mind would take on that contract. Two more seasons at 6 million per...

not happening. 

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

No GM in their right mind would take on that contract. Two more seasons at 6 million per...

not happening. 

yeah I'm thinking no too even if they retained the max part of his $$. But I'll keep praying.

Edited by titans04

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

No way in hell someone wants him. His play has prob been worse than a lot of guys already in team's systems and he is many times more expensive.

And he’s on the wrong side of 30 with a history of injuries.

He needs to just be bought out and retire. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He isn’t getting moved unless the Devils pay every last cent of his deal. No one is gonna want him with another two years and $12 million left.

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Its kind of funny that while everyone on here and twitter is freaking out about essentially the 3rd string goalie on a non-playoff team, the locker room is probably ecstatic to have him back. And now Jack has his carpool buddy back. 

Again, it’s not about this season. My worry is he’ll be on the opening night roster for next season. We need to have 2 reliable goalies moving forward. Otherwise you’re gambling on Cory not only staying healthy, but playing well enough to split starts with Blackwood. No thanks. He’s sank us too many times in recent years. 

Edited by Nicomo

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Again, it’s not about this season. My worry is he’ll be on the opening night roster for next season. We need to have 2 reliable goalies moving forward. Otherwise you’re gambling on Cory not only staying healthy, but playing well enough to split starts with Blackwood. No thanks. He’s sank us too many times in recent years. 

A lot can happen between now and October. I was just looking at it from the point of view of the players who seem to universally like Schneider