Ray Shero and Devils Part Ways Effective Immediately

NJDevils1214

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

if you go through every seasons and all the moves that were made. Keeping in mind what he had to start with. It was going to take more than 4-5 years to rebuild a strong team. It was simply impossible to do it faster. 

Unless you have some sort of time machine and draft guys with hindsight.

Almost all his trades were "deals" too that had potential. We couldnt do more cause we had no fvcking assets to do anything

Rebuilding a strong team is one thing, but I don’t really blame the owners for being frustrated with seeing literally no strides forward. In fact we’re getting worse. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

I’m sorry your expectations were raised by Ray when he made his offseason moves to accelerate the rebuild and go for it. It’s not his fault prospects take time to develop and you were expecting a deep playoff run. I’m also not going to fire him for Grabner and Mojo because that would be ridiculous.

He has had five years.  This didn't start this past offseason.

Five years in and we are in the same exact spot.  If you want to keep spinning those tires be my guest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

it sucks but it's still better than it was. Remember our top prospect was Reid Boucher for the longest time.

Maybe they wanted more than just a little better after 5 years. Not a shot at you, just wondering if that's ownership's thought process right now. I still think it's coach related. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Rebuilding a strong team is one thing, but I don’t really blame the owners for being frustrated with seeing literally no strides forward. In fact we’re getting worse. 

We’ve played very good hockey the past month and have added to the prospect pool. How is that literally no strides forward?

1 minute ago, devlman said:

The farm has been on fire of late and yes I do think there are some NHL players down there, including McLeod and Anderson.

Meh

our best prospect couldn’t even make a bad team. Idk how you can argue it’s anything but grim right now. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Meh

our best prospect couldn’t even make a bad team. Idk how you can argue it’s anything but grim right now. 

Because 19 year old defensemen with no pro experience don’t usually make NHL clubs. I think people’s expectations are out of whack here.

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Dude that's simply not true. It may not show "result wise" at the moment but anyone looking at this roster and prospect pool and saying it's not better than when Shero took over doesn't know anything about hockey

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

We’ve played very good hockey the past month and have added to the prospect pool. How is that literally no strides forward?

2 scrubs that will probably never amount to anything and a halfway decent prospect in Bahl. Sorry if I’m not jumping up and down. 

As far as playing a little better recently we haven’t won more than 3 games in a row all season. Let’s not get carried away. It’s mostly been Nico anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

2 scrubs that will probably never amount to anything and a halfway decent prospect in Bahl. Sorry if I’m not jumping up and down. 

As far as playing a little better recently we haven’t won more than 3 games in a row all season. Let’s not get carried away. It’s mostly been Nico anyway. 

Read up on our prospect pool, there’s more than 2 future NHL players, who for some reason you’ve decided are scrubs. Expectations and emotions really cloud reality.

Edited by devlman

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

dude just look at the state of the team from 2015. How in HELL do you rebuild from that in only a few years? you tell me

• Like 3