Ray Shero and Devils Part Ways Effective Immediately

NJDevils1214

At the game and had no idea this had happened...wow.  Just wow.  I swear, this season gets more and more surreal by the week.  I’m just stunned...never saw this coming.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Read up on our prospect pool, there’s more than 2 future NHL players, who for some reason you’ve decided are scrubs. Expectations and emotions really cloud reality.

That's high hopes.  Just like JJ was the next Elias and Larsson was the next Lindstrom.

Also, according to Button (whom I don't have too much stock into but others have) we have exactly zero prospects in his top 50 prospects list he released a couple days ago.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude that's simply not true. It may not show "result wise" at the moment but anyone looking at this roster and prospect pool and saying it's not better than when Shero took over doesn't know anything about hockey

But you act like Lou would have kept that same exact 2014 team in tact going forward. He would have changed the roster over some as well. 

Shero will mostly be remembered for the Hall trade. Which landed us an MVP, and a trip to the playoffs. That was great, and I’m thankful for it. But it’s a results driven business. Whether or not you think it’s fair is up to you. 

• Like 2

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

That's high hopes.  Just like JJ was the next Elias and Larsson was the next Lindstrom.

Also, according to Button (whom I don't have too much stock into but others have) we have exactly zero prospects in his top 50 prospects list he released a couple days ago.

So you cite a guy you say you put no stock in to support your position?

It’s not high hopes with those in Bingo. Also no scout ever called JJ the next Elias. 

Just now, MB3 said:

This. Scream it from the rooftops, this this this this this.

shero inherited a bare cupboard. bare is putting it nicely. Look at the roster he was given! LOOK at the absolute hunk of monkey sh!t he was given. 

this was an all time fvck up 

yeah and whenever im bringing this up im getting called out like it's a subtle backhand shot at Lou. It isn't.

It's context as to the insane challenge Shero had to take on. I created a whole thread going season per season and the moves shero made with what he had. It was legit impossible to rebuild a better team than what he had at the moment. impossible

Ugh, this is really bad.  Hung on to Hynes way too long but overall I thought Ray did a lot more good than bad.  Given the shape the roster and farm were in when Lou left, I’m not sure what they were expecting.  

God help us if this is leading towards Marty as GM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

But you act like Lou would have kept that same exact 2014 team in tact going forward. He would have changed the roster over some as well. 

Shero will mostly be remembered for the Hall trade. Which landed us an MVP, and a trip to the playoffs. That was great, and I’m thankful for it. But it’s a results driven business. Whether or not you think it’s fair is up to you. 

Lou was always in win now and not looking at the future. He was making win-now signings, taking on bad contracts, not trying to get back assets for the future and would sign over the hill vets hoping to stay relevant. He always rode the wave win-now mode. We were never going to get younger with that mindset

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

So you cite a guy you say you put no stock in to support your position?

It’s not high hopes with those in Bingo. Also no scout ever called JJ the next Elias. 

Lol no but like I wrote many others do.

And yes on draft night a couple analysts were comparing JJ to Elias.

But nah let's hope those couple of potential NHL players may turn into a 3rd pairing D-man or bottom 6 forward.

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You’re a broken record. 

Well yeah cause i keep having to explain something basis to fans like you don't understand this

expecting anything else is like giving sh!t to your dad for not buying you a ferrari when he works at a cashier at McDonalds. It's just not possible

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Lou was always in win now and not looking at the future. He was making win-now signings, taking on bad contracts, not trying to get back assets for the future and would sign over the hill vets hoping to stay relevant. He always rode the wave win-now mode. We were never going to get younger with that mindset

He probably would have tried to put another bandaid on the roster by signing Marleau to a three year deal 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well yeah cause fans like you don't understand this very basic thing. 

expecting anything else is like giving sh!t to your dad for not buying you a ferrari when he works at a cashier at McDonalds. It's just not possible

Oh please. I don’t need you to tell me how much I don’t understand. Literally everyone knows how bad it was when Shero got to NJ (you remind us every other day how could we forget?), but you know what they say about excuses...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This. Scream it from the rooftops, this this this this this.

shero inherited a bare cupboard. bare is putting it nicely. Look at the roster he was given! LOOK at the absolute hunk of monkey sh!t he was given. 

this was an all time fvck up 

That 14/15 roster put up 78 points.

this 19/20 roster is on pace for about 72 points.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Lol no but like I wrote many others do.

And yes on draft night a couple analysts were comparing JJ to Elias.

But nah let's hope those couple of potential NHL players may turn into a 3rd pairing D-man or bottom 6 forward.

I don’t see how a couple analysts on JJ’s draft night comparing some of his game to Elias’ means Shero’s draft record can’t be viewed with some level of optimism. 

Well good thing we have two franchise centermen to go along with any depth prospects. You can’t ignore the young players currently on the roster when evaluating all the young draft picks. Hell, one of Shero’s sixth round picks from two years ago is on our top line.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah and whenever im bringing this up im getting called out like it's a subtle backhand shot at Lou. It isn't.

It's context as to the insane challenge Shero had to take on. I created a whole thread going season per season and the moves shero made with what he had. It was legit impossible to rebuild a better team than what he had at the moment. impossible

I think your window may be wrong. Maybe ownership wasn't looking at what's happened since 2015, and they are instead unhappy with what has happened since 2018. Which is understandable. The build seemed to stall a bit and maybe they were expecting a better team since that playoff run. 

But I still think ownership wanted Laviolette, Shero said no, so they said goodbye

• Like 1

Just now, Lateralous said:

He probably would have tried to put another bandaid on the roster by signing Marleau to a three year deal 

Being a GM has so much luck involved.

I mean look at Lou now... he took the job in NY... failed to sign their franchise player (not really his fault to be fair but if you look at results... that's what it is).... then let his captain make it to free agency risking to lose him for nothing... that's not a "good decision". Turns out he re-signed cause he wanted to stay there but still a reckless approach. Then the Stanley Cup winning coach decided to take on another challenge... only a few teams needed a coach and he went there.

Now the team is better without tavares somehow. It's really not because of something incredible he did

• Like 1