Ray Shero and Devils Part Ways Effective Immediately

NJDevils1214

after heat is going down and if we remember this material on athletics about palms trade and talk about how vatanen ready for sign talking but shero didnt do anything yet and we can remember the words about hall didnt have real offers...  that have sense. Really big thanks for shero but if devs stay with today core and will not tank - it`s a sign of sheros eclipse. Winning psychology is a thing that needs to build too. Ask oilers with thier three 1OAP. And one of them is fvcking next one.

Edited by Guadana

I gave up on this website because how pro the ownership they were and randomly looked to see what people said with this.  Only @dvelman is making sense.  This ownership is a dumpster fire.  They don't know how to build a team.

At least on topic:  What did Shero do that made this team ostensibly better?  He tanked his way to some draft picks; anyone can do that.

All you have to do is look at the 6ers.  This ownership takes a GM to follow tanking to build talent.  That GM knew how to build it up and then they fire them because of whatever reason good or bad (you think 6ers fans aren't saying the exact same thing you did a few years ago with Hinke?).  This ownership doesn't want to win; they want to tease winning. 

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagnotta/3d-in-nj-deciding-devils-direction

This guy makes it seem like lots of guys are going to still be made available. If that's true I don't know how that's not called a rebuild. If that's the case I have zero trust in this ownership group and their understanding of how it all works. Buying out Cory would be a great start imo. 

Edited by titans04

If the question is, "why now?" when it comes to firing Shero well, it may be that ownership didn't want to leave it to Ray to manage the trade deadline decisions. Do they sell? Who do they trade? When do they do it? What do they get back? They wanted Fitz to make those decisions. Salvador alluded to this on the postgame and it's my thinking as well. It's possible there were even "creative differences" between Shero and the owners when it came with what do re: selling or keeping.

Edited by Neb00rs

15 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Politi's the only mainstream guy I've seen give the more radical rumor (trading Palm) any credence afaik.

One of the Athletic writers said he was on the block. 

7 minutes ago, themightyall said:

I gave up on this website because how pro the ownership they were and randomly looked to see what people said with this.  Only @dvelman is making sense.  This ownership is a dumpster fire.  They don't know how to build a team.

At least on topic:  What did Shero do that made this team ostensibly better?  He tanked his way to some draft picks; anyone can do that.

All you have to do is look at the 6ers.  This ownership takes a GM to follow tanking to build talent.  That GM knew how to build it up and then they fire them because of whatever reason good or bad (you think 6ers fans aren't saying the exact same thing you did a few years ago with Hinke?).  This ownership doesn't want to win; they want to tease winning. 

The Devils are financially solvent and the arena isn't falling apart because of the owners.   And they just fired Shero, I imagine because they didn't want to keep tanking.

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

This guy makes it seem like lots of guys are going to still be made available. If that's true I don't know how that's not called a rebuild. If that's the case I have zero trust in this ownership group and their understanding of how it all works. Buying out Cory would be a great start imo. 

He's said the obvious, that they'll likely be trading players on expiring contracts, and that teams will be asking about Zajac, Palmieri and Wood.  But you missed the part where he says the owners didn't want another rebuild.

9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

If it's true, it is a rebuild and they don't trust Ray to do it. 

• Like 2

Isn't it crazy that in Sept. ALL of us were so high on this team. Ray got Gusev.  Ray got Boquist to come over. Ray got PK for 2 minor league D men We all thought Schneider was going to regain his mojo. Ray signed Simmons (a very good move IMO) but things went South in a hurry. Here it is 4 months later, that GM is gone. I love this team. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

One of the Athletic writers said he was on the block. 

The Devils are financially solvent and the arena isn't falling apart because of the owners.   And they just fired Shero, I imagine because they didn't want to keep tanking.

Blah Blah Blah.  Solvent Solvent Solvent.

I left because everyone was so in love with the owners' money.  Tell me what they do!  I live in Philly and grew up in Trenton.  I grew up a fan of the 6ers, Devils and Eagles.  I saw the 6ers dumpster fire for years before Harris even bought the Devils.  I am just waiting for SOMEONE to actually just look at a team the owners actually have before they just blather on about solvency.  These owners are leeches.  They don't want to win; they want MONEY!  That is why the made the team solvent; how else will they make MONEY!

Image result for i feel like i'm taking crazy pills"

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If it's true, it is a rebuild and they don't trust Ray to do it. 

Exactly. IF this guy is right that's a rebuild. Non rebuilding teams don't make that many guys available. But this guy could be dead wrong too. 

Edited by titans04

4 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Isn't it crazy that in Sept. ALL of us were so high on this team. Ray got Gusev.  Ray got Boquist to come over. Ray got PK for 2 minor league D men We all thought Schneider was going to regain his mojo. Ray signed Simmons (a very good move IMO) but things went South in a hurry. Here it is 4 months later, that GM is gone. I love this team. 

That's just not true not everyone was on board with all these moves. Cory, PK and Simmonds weren't slam dunks by any means to some.. Boquist and Goose were basically unknowns but sounded good on paper. To Ray's credit right or wrong he made moves.  Ray was in a no win with Hall because looking back it appears he had less than zero interest in staying here. Something I was dead wrong about going into this season. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Holy crap. Are you suggesting that business owners... want.... money?! Dude that is just absolutely insane! I’m so upset you left this forum now because of all of us mouthbreathers. You’re so so so so so much smarter than all of us! 

while you’re on this roll, my king, can you give me one piece of non-circumstantial, non-hyperbolic evidence that the owners aren’t doing their job? 

please write it in crayon so all of the other sheeple and I can follow along. Thank you in advance!!!

Real cool, Bro.  Let's all just act real cool and not reference anything about how the owners also own the 6ers nor anything that is going on with that team at all either.  Thereby we can not reference anything that was said and we can continue to complain about how "great" this "GM" was in just accumulating assets rather than building a team.  It's almost as if Lou wasn't able to build a team that everyone on this board was laughing at a few years ago as abysmal and made them a contender.

I love how ironic we are being.  It's so super productive.  If only the organization can be.  Too bad that is a valley too far.  

5 minutes ago, themightyall said:

Real cool, Bro.  Let's all just act real cool and not reference anything about how the owners also own the 6ers nor anything that is going on with that team at all either.  Thereby we can not reference anything that was said and we can continue to complain about how "great" this "GM" was in just accumulating assets rather than building a team.  It's almost as if Lou wasn't able to build a team that everyone on this board was laughing at a few years ago as abysmal and made them a contender.

I love how ironic we are being.  It's so super productive.  If only the organization can be.  Too bad that is a valley too far.  

I see that you joined in 2015.  I've been on here since 2010 and don't remember you at all.

29 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He's said the obvious, that they'll likely be trading players on expiring contracts, and that teams will be asking about Zajac, Palmieri and Wood.  But you missed the part where he says the owners didn't want another rebuild.

I don’t think this team needs another post-Lou full rebuild. Are we a few pieces away? Absolutely. 

I’d say we’re a good forward signing, a 2018 Smith to return to form away, plus having a back-up/1B like a Lehner away from being a playoff team.

• Like 3