Ray Shero and Devils Part Ways Effective Immediately

NJDevils1214

18 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean if you look at it from an historical standpoint... fancy technologies never do too well against traditional sh!t.

Russia with their fancy technology couldn't beat the US. Rocky showed them that it's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep going.

Then another example... the empire with top technology was partially defeated by Ewoks throwing rocks

and in the end a T-800 (way older model), a woman and a kid were able to destroy skynet and their fancy t-1000.

Let's not ignore history. Fancy sh!t doesnt mean sh!t against real heart !

Lucas admitted he was inspired by the Vietnam War for that battle.

I wasn't born yet when the Vietnam War ended, but I am pretty sure the NVA had machine guns too.

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Lucas admitted he was inspired by the Vietnam War for that battle.

I wasn't born yet when the Vietnam War ended, but I am pretty sure the NVA had machine guns too.

Yup that's very true. But his angle was more that it was  a large technological empire going after a small group of freedom fighters

• 2 weeks later...

So no one thinks Brodeur and the owners were hangin out drinking and Marty began to hold forth about Shero sucking and more drinks were downed and pretty soon Marty was sounding like a genius and soon the phrase “crazy... so crazy it just might work” got bandied about and - well - the rest is history 😁.  

Edited by Pepperkorn
Typo
  • Haha 2

Hughes has worst numbers for all first picks of last 20 years. And I don’t think the problem is in him. Zacha has pretty same numbers as Bratt and wood plays like he played before. Something must change in nj system, and first of all - teaching and coaching. I didn’t know how fitz can fix that in the system scale. 

after all - thanks for all you did, shero. Goodbye, no regrets.

Edited by Guadana

28 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Hughes has worst numbers for all first picks of last 20 years. And I don’t think the problem is in him. Zacha has pretty same numbers as Bratt and wood plays like he played before. Something must change in nj system, and first of all - teaching and coaching. I didn’t know how fitz can fix that in the system scale. 

after all - thanks for all you did, shero. Goodbye, no regrets.

Again, with Hughes though he’s also one of the most raw #1OA to come into the league in that time. The last #1 to step right into the NHL without having played juniors or in Europe was Erik Johnson in 2006. 

Steven Stamkos only had 46 points his rookie season. People were freaking out about MacKinnon for a few years before got it going. I’m not even slightly worried about Hughes. The talent is clearly there. Once Zajac is gone, and he gets consistent top 6 minutes the points will come. Right now he’s primarily a setup guy playing with guys that can’t score to save their lives. Would love to see what he could do with Coleman, Goose, or Palms on his line.

27 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Again, with Hughes though he’s also one of the most raw #1OA to come into the league in that time. The last #1 to step right into the NHL without having played juniors or in Europe was Erik Johnson in 2006. 

Steven Stamkos only had 46 points his rookie season. People were freaking out about MacKinnon for a few years before got it going. I’m not even slightly worried about Hughes. The talent is clearly there. Once Zajac is gone, and he gets consistent top 6 minutes the points will come. Right now he’s primarily a setup guy playing with guys that can’t score to save their lives. Would love to see what he could do with Coleman, Goose, or Palms on his line.

My massage wasn’t about how Hughes isn’t answer on his expectations, my massage was about how organization solved the question of adaptation. In the beginning of the season hall and palms start playing with Nico. And coaching and management stuff thought that small slow Russian guy without defensive skills can help in adaptation of Rookie. Surprise-surprise it didn’t work and it was a big mistake. 
btw Johnson is defenseman and had the same or better ppg. I really like jack, and I hope fitz can find competent winger for him. 

51 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Hughes is routinely being forced to play along with Zacha, Simmonds and Wood.  Guy is the first overall pick, not a miracle worker.

Are you joking, the guy's awesome! 2G, 1A in his last 1 game. And probably his last 20 games. 

• Like 1

You guys really not even a little bit worried about Hughes? His box score and advanced numbers have been very bad for a few months now and he is getting PP time, so not like it's only his even strength line mates he's playing with. So easy to blame the line mates, but I thought he'd be someone that could somewhat carry a line from day one. Now I'll admit the Ottawa game was the best game I've seen him play in a while, and if 1 or 2 of those chances go in the net I probably wouldn't be writing this post (probably shouldn't be!). I'm not saying "He's a bust!" by any means, but he certainly hasn't been as good as I thought he'd be.

Anyone confident in saying that in 3 years he'll be better than what Nico is this year? If you asked me before the season I would have put money on that Hughes would have a better offensive career than Nico in terms of points/personal accolades, but now with Nico coming on and Hughes not being as good as I expected I wouldn't make that bet...Hope to be wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

You guys really not even a little bit worried about Hughes? His box score and advanced numbers have been very bad for a few months now and he is getting PP time, so not like it's only his even strength line mates he's playing with. So easy to blame the line mates, but I thought he'd be someone that could somewhat carry a line from day one. Now I'll admit the Ottawa game was the best game I've seen him play in a while, and if 1 or 2 of those chances go in the net I probably wouldn't be writing this post (probably shouldn't be!). I'm not saying "He's a bust!" by any means, but he certainly hasn't been as good as I thought he'd be.

Anyone confident in saying that in 3 years he'll be better than what Nico is this year? If you asked me before the season I would have put money on that Hughes would have a better offensive career than Nico in terms of points/personal accolades, but now with Nico coming on and Hughes not being as good as I expected I wouldn't make that bet...Hope to be wrong. 

Nico has played on the 1st line since he came into the league. Not that he doesn’t deserve it, especially with his two-way game, but I’m not worrying about Hughes unless he still isn’t producing despite playing in the top 6, and getting more TOI.

Do you honestly think he’d only have 17 points if he would have been playing with Coleman and Goose all season? 

11 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

I think in this case it’s perfectly fair to blame his line mates. Jack makes passes that Simmonds and Wood just aren’t ready for. Sometimes his passes are too hard for them to handle. 

I understand that Gusev is paired with Zajac and Coleman to protect him defensively but both Goose and Jack have grown a lot since the start of the season. I think it’s worth seeing what they can do together again. 

I don’t think there’s anyone else currently in our system that is aware enough and has quick enough reflexes to play with him besides Nico, Palms, Goose, and Coleman. Even Nico and Palms aren’t ready for his passes on the power play sometimes. 

Hopefully management can find him someone he can play with by next season because they’re just holding him back at this point.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nico has played on the 1st line since he came into the league. Not that he doesn’t deserve it, especially with his two-way game, but I’m not worrying about Hughes unless he still isn’t producing despite playing in the top 6, and getting more TOI.

Do you honestly think he’d only have 17 points if he would have been playing with Coleman and Goose all season? 

I agree, though would hope that Jack would elevate his linemate’s game rather than sitting here waiting for someone else to elevate Jack’s game. 

Probably unreasonable to ask at his age. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree, though would hope that Jack would elevate his linemate’s game rather than sitting here waiting for someone else to elevate Jack’s game. 

Probably unreasonable to ask at his age. 

Simmonds was terrible on a really good Nashville team last year (1 goal in 19 GP) and Wood and Zacha are Wood and Zacha...

so yeah, pretty unreasonable.