Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NJDevils1214

Ray Shero and Devils Part Ways Effective Immediately

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

One of the Athletic writers said he was on the block. 

The Devils are financially solvent and the arena isn't falling apart because of the owners.   And they just fired Shero, I imagine because they didn't want to keep tanking.

Blah Blah Blah.  Solvent Solvent Solvent.

 

I left because everyone was so in love with the owners' money.  Tell me what they do!  I live in Philly and grew up in Trenton.  I grew up a fan of the 6ers, Devils and Eagles.  I saw the 6ers dumpster fire for years before Harris even bought the Devils.  I am just waiting for SOMEONE to actually just look at a team the owners actually have before they just blather on about solvency.  These owners are leeches.  They don't want to win; they want MONEY!  That is why the made the team solvent; how else will they make MONEY!

 

Image result for i feel like i'm taking crazy pills"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If it's true, it is a rebuild and they don't trust Ray to do it. 

Exactly. IF this guy is right that's a rebuild. Non rebuilding teams don't make that many guys available. But this guy could be dead wrong too. 

Edited by titans04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And btw if we talk about ownership want tanking i think after win today brodeur and fitz were to happy for new gm`s who need to tank

Edited by Guadana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Isn't it crazy that in Sept. ALL of us were so high on this team. Ray got Gusev.  Ray got Boquist to come over. Ray got PK for 2 minor league D men We all thought Schneider was going to regain his mojo. Ray signed Simmons (a very good move IMO) but things went South in a hurry. Here it is 4 months later, that GM is gone. I love this team. 

That's just not true not everyone was on board with all these moves. Cory, PK and Simmonds weren't slam dunks by any means to some.. Boquist and Goose were basically unknowns but sounded good on paper. To Ray's credit right or wrong he made moves.  Ray was in a no win with Hall because looking back it appears he had less than zero interest in staying here. Something I was dead wrong about going into this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, themightyall said:

Blah Blah Blah.  Solvent Solvent Solvent.

 

I left because everyone was so in love with the owners' money.  Tell me what they do!  I live in Philly and grew up in Trenton.  I grew up a fan of the 6ers, Devils and Eagles.  I saw the 6ers dumpster fire for years before Harris even bought the Devils.  I am just waiting for SOMEONE to actually just look at a team the owners actually have before they just blather on about solvency.  These owners are leeches.  They don't want to win; they want MONEY!  That is why the made the team solvent; how else will they make MONEY!

 

Image result for i feel like i'm taking crazy pills"

Holy crap. Are you suggesting that business owners... want.... money?! Dude that is just absolutely insane! I’m so upset you left this forum now because of all of us mouthbreathers. You’re so so so so so much smarter than all of us! 
 

while you’re on this roll, my king, can you give me one piece of non-circumstantial, non-hyperbolic evidence that the owners aren’t doing their job? 

please write it in crayon so all of the other sheeple and I can follow along. Thank you in advance!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devlman said:

Very odd to just look at points as he’s been playing 8 mins a night and is new to the continent. But he certainly looks like he has the tools even at his young age

Oh yeah I forgot that points don't count around here but corsi and "expected goals" do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing was odd, but based on the Devils' lack of improvement during Shero's tenure I have no problems with the firing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Holy crap. Are you suggesting that business owners... want.... money?! Dude that is just absolutely insane! I’m so upset you left this forum now because of all of us mouthbreathers. You’re so so so so so much smarter than all of us! 
 

while you’re on this roll, my king, can you give me one piece of non-circumstantial, non-hyperbolic evidence that the owners aren’t doing their job? 

please write it in crayon so all of the other sheeple and I can follow along. Thank you in advance!!!

Real cool, Bro.  Let's all just act real cool and not reference anything about how the owners also own the 6ers nor anything that is going on with that team at all either.  Thereby we can not reference anything that was said and we can continue to complain about how "great" this "GM" was in just accumulating assets rather than building a team.  It's almost as if Lou wasn't able to build a team that everyone on this board was laughing at a few years ago as abysmal and made them a contender.

 

I love how ironic we are being.  It's so super productive.  If only the organization can be.  Too bad that is a valley too far.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Holy crap. Are you suggesting that business owners... want.... money?! 

And all this time I thought Amazon and WalMart just wanted to make people smile. I'm heart broken. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, themightyall said:

Real cool, Bro.  Let's all just act real cool and not reference anything about how the owners also own the 6ers nor anything that is going on with that team at all either.  Thereby we can not reference anything that was said and we can continue to complain about how "great" this "GM" was in just accumulating assets rather than building a team.  It's almost as if Lou wasn't able to build a team that everyone on this board was laughing at a few years ago as abysmal and made them a contender.

 

I love how ironic we are being.  It's so super productive.  If only the organization can be.  Too bad that is a valley too far.  

I see that you joined in 2015.  I've been on here since 2010 and don't remember you at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He's said the obvious, that they'll likely be trading players on expiring contracts, and that teams will be asking about Zajac, Palmieri and Wood.  But you missed the part where he says the owners didn't want another rebuild.

I don’t think this team needs another post-Lou full rebuild. Are we a few pieces away? Absolutely. 
 

I’d say we’re a good forward signing, a 2018 Smith to return to form away, plus having a back-up/1B like a Lehner away from being a playoff team.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I don’t think this team needs another post-Lou full rebuild. Are we a few pieces away? Absolutely. 
 

I’d say we’re a good forward signing, a 2018 Smith to return to form away, plus having a back-up/1B like a Lehner away from being a playoff team.

We are definitely not a full re-build away.  We just need to deal with the back end.  Asset accumulation inevitably is talent and is leaned towards forwards.  We need to deal with Defensemen and getting a solid goalie, both of which that takes time.  We just need someone that knows how to build a team to get them together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I don’t think this team needs another post-Lou full rebuild. Are we a few pieces away? Absolutely. 
 

I’d say we’re a good forward signing, a 2018 Smith to return to form away, plus having a back-up/1B like a Lehner away from being a playoff team.

I tend to agree.  There should be some good free agents and not that many teams left that have cap space available to sign them.  You would think that the Devils will get a good return for Vatanen.  Hopefully there will be a good coach on the way, and maybe we once again get lucky with the lottery balls.

As I've said, the only thing that makes it curious is that Shero would be a guy you can count on to accomplish most of those tasks since he's good at the wheeling and dealing part of the job.  So it really sounds like he was pushing a full on fire sale which ownership didn't want.  I think Harris and Blitzer might also be really spooked about the drastic decline in season ticket renewals. I imagine they expect it to be bad, but if the Devils traded Palmieri, we'd be talking Panthers attendance from three years ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im shocked.... I just found out the news now. I’m not sure how I feel about Ray being fired...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I see that you joined in 2015.  I've been on here since 2010 and don't remember you at all.

Did you want to go full blown and measure dicks?  Because I have no idea what this post means others than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, themightyall said:

Real cool, Bro.  Let's all just act real cool and not reference anything about how the owners also own the 6ers nor anything that is going on with that team at all either.  Thereby we can not reference anything that was said and we can continue to complain about how "great" this "GM" was in just accumulating assets rather than building a team.  It's almost as if Lou wasn't able to build a team that everyone on this board was laughing at a few years ago as abysmal and made them a contender.

 

I love how ironic we are being.  It's so super productive.  If only the organization can be.  Too bad that is a valley too far.  

Did you read one page and then talk about what we are and aren’t discussing? The 76ers in specific have been mentioned multiple times already. 

you haven’t made a single coherent and non-hyperbolic point yet. We’re all eagerly awaiting; but I guess you’ll just go away again because we’re all idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I tend to agree.  There should be some good free agents and not that many teams left that have cap space available to sign them.  You would think that the Devils will get a good return for Vatanen.  Hopefully there will be a good coach on the way, and maybe we once again get lucky with the lottery balls.

As I've said, the only thing that makes it curious is that Shero would be a guy you can count on to accomplish most of those tasks since he's good at the wheeling and dealing part of the job.  So it really sounds like he was pushing a full on fire sale which ownership didn't want.  I think Harris and Blitzer might also be really spooked about the drastic decline in season ticket renewals. I imagine they expect it to be bad, but if the Devils traded Palmieri, we'd be talking Panthers attendance from three years ago.

So looking at the UFA class next summer:

-I’d kick the tires on Backstrom and see if he wants to play wing (assuming we’re locked with Nico/Hughes as our 1/2)

-Granlund

-Galchenyuk

-Hell, I’d even call Hoffman at this point to play top 6.

The 2020 UFA class isn’t bad at all, before guys start re-signing and/or getting moved for a shot at the Cup...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagknife said:

So looking at the UFA class next summer:

-I’d kick the tires on Backstrom and see if he wants to play wing (assuming we’re locked with Nico/Hughes as our 1/2)

-Granlund

-Galchenyuk

-Hell, I’d even call Hoffman at this point to play top 6.

The 2020 UFA class isn’t bad at all, before guys start re-signing and/or getting moved for a shot at the Cup...

One guy I always expected them to sign at the first opportunity was Joel Edmundson to the point that I wouldn't have been surprised if they traded Carolina a draft pick for his negotiating rights.  I also have speculated that they would try and trade for Dylan Samberg, perhaps as part of a Sami Vatanen trade.  You look at the 2019 draft, the trade for Bahl and the rumblings that the Devils were trying to trade for Edmundson in the offseason, and you get the sense that they want a different kind of defense for the long run than they've had for the past three or four years.  Perhaps that'll still be the strategy if it was more Fitzgerald's idea (who is closer to the scouting aspect) than Shero's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Did you read one page and then talk about what we are and aren’t discussing? The 76ers in specific have been mentioned multiple times already. 

you haven’t made a single coherent and non-hyperbolic point yet. We’re all eagerly awaiting; but I guess you’ll just go away again because we’re all idiots.

OMFG you think that real people are have time to read 12 pages in a couple hours' time?! The real answer is that the owners ARE the problem if they were brought up that often.  You go live the 6ers plight with these douchebag owners and live it again with the Devils like i am.  I'm sure you read it on this thread but that's it.  Live it and you'll understand in another few years.  Judging off this board, it'll take you a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, themightyall said:

OMFG you think that real people are have time to read 12 pages in a couple hours' time?! The real answer is that the owners ARE the problem if they were brought up that often.  You go live the 6ers plight with these douchebag owners and live it again with the Devils like i am.  I'm sure you read it on this thread but that's it.  Live it and you'll understand in another few years.  Judging off this board, it'll take you a bit more.

Since you clearly have the reading comprehension of a third grader, I’ll save you the trouble of having to use your pointer fingers to type out any more messages and just add you to ignore. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much bashing on this forum. Everyone needs to chill a little :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Since you clearly have the reading comprehension of a third grader, I’ll save you the trouble of having to use your pointer fingers to type out any more messages and just add you to ignore. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Wow; Ok.  So I'm supposed to respond to do the Devils how?   This is purely ad hominem.  If everyone was were this way the Devils are going to be in deep shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.  Oh wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

So much bashing on this forum. Everyone needs to chill a little :)

I’m perfectly happy keeping the bashing directed towards the team, until someone shows up and says “this forum is stupid and I can’t believe you didn’t discuss “x” but I didn’t actually even read the discussion but once again you’re all dumb.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man, this is fvcked

edit:nevermind

 

Edited by lazer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I don’t think this team needs another post-Lou full rebuild. Are we a few pieces away? Absolutely. 
 

I’d say we’re a good forward signing, a 2018 Smith to return to form away, plus having a back-up/1B like a Lehner away from being a playoff team.

I’d say we need another top 4 d-man more than a forward. Our top 6 is playing great right now. Even if Smith does crack the lineup he’ll have to be eased in, likely on the 3rd pairing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.