Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NJDevils1214

Ray Shero and Devils Part Ways Effective Immediately

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

our core is averaging 20 years old lol i mean come on now. They are not even in their prime yet

good grief lol

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Three key kids in the NHL progressing should be more than enough, but you can also look at the kids down in Bingo.

Yup the last (or nearly last) place Bing players make me excited.

exactly zero players in Bing are difference makers.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, devlman said:

The progression of our young players that we are rebuilding around?

Which young players are progressing well right now? Nico and....

not too long ago we were talking about literally everyone on the team except Coleman regressing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well that's just saying the "right thing" in interviews. Trotz could have stayed with his team. He decided to move on, he wasn't fired. And the islanders needed a coach. That's pretty lucky.

It's hard to believe that you have no hate towards Lou when you can't bring yourself to give him even a shred of credit when it comes to turning the Islanders around.

The fact is that a lot of us liked what Shero was doing but clearly ownership didn't. The cupboard was bare and now it's slightly less bare, which is great. Regardless, something must have occurred to go from beating the best team in the east 5-1 and then firing your GM 45 minutes before a game. 

It's gotta be more than just what he's done since 2015 for him to be out tonight and not out tomorrow morning or afternoon. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

good grief lol

Yup the last (or nearly last) place Bing players make me excited.

exactly zero players in Bing are difference makers.

I don’t even know what ‘difference maker’ means but I’m realizing now that your argument is centering around having the next Nikita kucherov and Connor mcdavid in Bingo, so this is another overly-emotive reaction to unrealistic expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decision was made and right now I don't care if it's fair to Shero... If he deserve or it's a shame (I think it's a shame but again... I don't care for now) 

I'm really scared for what come next? I so not see Marty being good as this job.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, moustic said:

Please no Marty! 

I don’t understand why people are so against this. If he sucks he sucks. It’s not going to hurt having to replace him as much as it did seeing him play in another jersey. 

He could become our Sakic though...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t understand why people are so against this. If he sucks he sucks. It’s not going to hurt having to replace him as much as it did seeing him play in another jersey. 

He could become our Sakic though...

Marty’s been around a winning culture almost his whole career. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicomo said:

I don’t understand why people are so against this. If he sucks he sucks. It’s not going to hurt having to replace him as much as it did seeing him play in another jersey. 

He could become our Sakic though...

He's not dumb. In fact he was well known for scouting other players when he played. I never assume good players will automatically be a good GM or coach (usually the opposite), but there's also nothing telling us he can't be a good GM either. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Every time I hear Josh Harris talk, I’m baffled that he is a billionaire.

that's the case with 85% of billionaires.

all cut from the same mold.

 

this is what happened: a major disagreement took place regarding a key decision and they both said, "fvck it, we are over it".

and walked away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, devlman said:

I don’t even know what ‘difference maker’ means but I’m realizing now that your argument is centering around having the next Nikita kucherov and Connor mcdavid in Bingo, so this is another overly-emotive reaction to unrealistic expectations.

I think you’re the one being emotional, and unfair tbh. 

I originally said “difference maker” so I’ll expand on what I meant. I’m talking about players that will move the needle a bit. Guys like Bratt for example. Ofc it doesn’t mean Connor McDavid level players. Just guys that can step in and contribute sooner rather than later. 

i like Joey Anderson, but he’s never going to be more than a bottom 6 role players. Those guys are not hard to come by. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Stop with the personal attacks people.

 

 

there we go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It's hard to believe that you have no hate towards Lou when you can't bring yourself to give him even a shred of credit when it comes to turning the Islanders around.

The fact is that a lot of us liked what Shero was doing but clearly ownership didn't. The cupboard was bare and now it's slightly less bare, which is great. Regardless, something must have occurred to go from beating the best team in the east 5-1 and then firing your GM 45 minutes before a game. 

It's gotta be more than just what he's done since 2015 for him to be out tonight and not out tomorrow morning or afternoon. 

I can give him credits for doing what any GM would have done if they needed a coach and call the stanley cup winning goal who wants to take on another challenge. You wouldn't have done the same? lol

A GM letting his captain walk right after losing his franchise player is simply not a smart move. He's lucky Lee wanted to stay there in the end.

Then just for fun swap Zacha for Barzal and the Islanders are not that successful. It's all luck to some extent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I think you’re the one being emotional, and unfair tbh. 

I originally said “difference maker” so I’ll expand on what I meant. I’m talking about players that will move the needle a bit. Guys like Bratt for example. Ofc it doesn’t mean Connor McDavid level players. Just guys that can step in and contribute sooner rather than later. 

i like Joey Anderson, but he’s never going to be more than a bottom 6 role players. Those guys are not hard to come by. 

Joey Anderson can be a difference maker. You need bottom six players to win. And for the record, I’m not just talking the AHL kids but also the kids in juniors in saying that they’re still developing and progressing nicely.

Also, why are Nico and Hughes not allowed to be included? Those are, obviously, first round picks where you get your real talented guys.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, devlman said:

Joey Anderson can be a difference maker. You need bottom six players to win. And for the record, I’m not just talking the AHL kids but also the kids in juniors in saying that they’re still developing and progressing nicely.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. I don’t think anyone we currently have in the system other than maybe Ty Smith will amount to much at the NHL level. I hope I’m wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't get to read everything yet because I was heading out the door to get to the game. Ray didn't lose me until this season when he gave Cory and Hynes way too long of leashes.

I just don't get how anyone can be upset by firing a guy who had 5 years to improve this franchise and his biggestb successes ended up being 2 lottery draft wins of Nico and Hughes which had nothing to do with him and a great trade for Hall and Palms. Hall is the only reason we even made the playoffs once in his tenure here. 

5 years might not be long to some of you but it's more than enough time for me to see that Ray isn't the one to turn this ship around anymore. What has he done to show anyone otherwise? 

Are we really going to risk another half a decade on Shero trying to figure it out? As a season ticket holder I'm absolutely thrilled that we finally got some accountability here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What year is this? Didn’t the Joey Anderson hype die in 2017? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

 

 

 

I'm await @Daniel's vigorous "I told you so".

Unless there's something we don't know, I'm not crazy about this happening now even if I don't think the world of Shero.  While the Devils shouldn't be selling off everything like some people have speculated, they should be selling some pieces and being a wheeler dealer is one thing Shero does very well.  I figured they would give him the offseason and would only fire him if next year was a disaster too, but I guess there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than even I figured.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If devs hire Lav it is a reason. If devs will trade vats or palms - I think shero wanted to resign them and owners didn’t. Or if devs will not trade them - owners didn’t interest in gambling on future. Will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, devlman said:

Joey Anderson can be a difference maker. You need bottom six players to win. And for the record, I’m not just talking the AHL kids but also the kids in juniors in saying that they’re still developing and progressing nicely.

Also, why are Nico and Hughes not allowed to be included? Those are, obviously, first round picks where you get your real talented guys.

Because any one of us posters here would have picked Nico and Hughes #1 overall because we won a lotto. That didn't take any skill or real knowledge of anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Because any one of us posters here would have picked Nico and Hughes #1 overall because we won a lotto. That didn't take any skill or real knowledge of anything. 

Half the posters here wanted Nolan in 2017. But, either way that was Shero’s first round picks those two years. It’s unfair to rate his draft picks when you ignore the 2017 and 2019 first round picks we had. You take away any GM’s first round picks from two years in a five year span and it won’t look as rosy.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it has to be that the owners wanted to tank and no real GM would do it.

Why now when the team is actually starting to play better? lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, devlman said:

I don’t even know what ‘difference maker’ means but I’m realizing now that your argument is centering around having the next Nikita kucherov and Connor mcdavid in Bingo, so this is another overly-emotive reaction to unrealistic expectations.

Lol that's silly.  Of course you have to use generational talents to make your argument.

Our best players are what? McLeod and Anderson?  Great, two fourth liners lol.

If that is what is considered a success in your book then I guess forever rebuilding is up your alley.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Lol that's silly.  Of course you have to use generational talents to make your argument.

Our best players are what? McLeod and Anderson?  Great, two fourth liners lol.

If that is what is considered a success in your book then I guess forever rebuilding is up your alley.

Our two best young players are in the NHL making the core of what will be built around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.