GDT: Devils @ Toronto 7PM EST

NJDevils1214

24 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I want Zacha off this team so badly.  I feel like he brings down anyone he's put with.

Sick of it.

I'm just sick of him in general.  In a stretch dating back to last season, he actually put up 17 points in 21 GP (6 G and 11 A)...yeah, there were metrics that pointed to some of that being a mirage, but since then, same ol sh!t...one friggin' goal in 33 GP, plenty of invisibility...he actually hasn't disappeared completely offensively like he has in prior years, as he yet to go more than three games this season without registering a point...but I'm just tired of him, the teases, and what he represents (being one of the poster boys of the "loser" Devils)...more and more it just feels like he's really one of the guys that the Devils need to move on from.  I was hopeful that he could become a nice 3C here, a Zajac 2.0, but it just doesn't feel like he and the Devils are meant to be.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Why does the corpse of Wayne Simmonds get to play on the first power play when he hasn't done anything in like 2 months but Coleman is killing it and he gets no Powerplay time. Is it just because they want to limit his minutes? Otherwise, I don't get it. 

He's always on the penalty kill and we take quite a few penalties every game so I believe that's why. 

• Like 1

The only players Pavel Zacha has more goals than on the NJ Devils are...Mirco Mueller, Andy Greene, John Hayden, Kevin Rooney, and Connor Carrick (at 9GP).

He is a bust. Period. 

Shero probably doomed himself the minute he gave Zacha that extension lol

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The only players Pavel Zacha has more goals than on the NJ Devils are...Mirco Mueller, Andy Greene, John Hayden, Kevin Rooney, and Connor Carrick (at 9GP).

He is a bust. Period. 

Well now that's brutal. I also wonder how many of his points are secondary assists where he touches the puck 20 seconds before a goal deep in our own end. 

21 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Well now that's brutal. I also wonder how many of his points are secondary assists where he touches the puck 20 seconds before a goal deep in our own end. 

9 are primary(6 are secondary) and 7 of them were in EV. 1 secondary assist in pp. +/- He didn’t take points in first line, he didn’t play with Zajac line, so... points in third and fourth line. He is nothing in shot and score and it’s look like he didn’t even try, but in other ways of play he did his job... normally. If he will take 30-35 points - he play for his price. 

and he will never be Zajac 2.0. Zajac scored 29 goals and take about 65-70 points in his best days. Zacha can’t dream about this.

Edited by Guadana

Just now, Guadana said:

9 are primary(6 are secondary) and 7 of them were in EV. 1 secondary assist in pp. +/- He didn’t take points in first line, he didn’t play with Zajac line, so... it’s  a points in third and fourth line. He is nothing in shot and score and it’s look like he didn’t even try, but in other ways of play he did his job... normally. If he will take 30-35 points - he play for his price. 

and he will never be Zajac 2.0. Zajac scored 29 goals and take about 65-70 points in his best days. Zacha can’t dream about this.

I didn't mean THAT version of Zajac...and those best(most productive) days were pretty short-lived.  I mean the version that put up 40-45 points and had intangibles.  

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Agreed. And Zacha’s defense is overrated. He’s a decent PKer, but that’s it. At his best Zajac was Selke level good. 

Nico is our only forward that good defensively at this point. 

44 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He is a bust. Period. 

Zacha's agent deserves a medal, honest to God.

He made a fringe NHLer a multi-millionaire.  Not bad.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm just sick of him in general.  In a stretch dating back to last season, he actually put up 17 points in 21 GP (6 G and 11 A)...yeah, there were metrics that pointed to some of that being a mirage, but since then, same ol sh!t...one friggin' goal in 33 GP, plenty of invisibility...he actually hasn't disappeared completely offensively like he has in prior years, as he yet to go more than three games this season without registering a point...but I'm just tired of him, the teases, and what he represents (being one of the poster boys of the "loser" Devils)...more and more it just feels like he's really one of the guys that the Devils need to move on from.  I was hopeful that he could become a nice 3C here, a Zajac 2.0, but it just doesn't feel like he and the Devils are meant to be.  

My defense of Zacha when it came to low point totals was always that he didn't get a chance to play with offensive players and he wasn't getting power play time. 

Welp. He's getting both now so the excuses are kind of gone. 

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I didn't mean THAT version of Zajac...and those best(most productive) days were pretty short-lived.  I mean the version that put up 40-45 points and had intangibles.  

We aren’t managers and we haven’t real information about Real rumors. Picks in second or third rounds is a bullsh!t price for Pavel, he may be a decent fourth liner. Other than that he will not be better than he is. If management has a moment to make a deal with bigger price with Pavel in package - hope they make use it.

2Nicomo

he is ok for fourth line and second pk unit. I think time to slow down expectations about him and humble ourselves with his role. And when I talk about ourselves it’s about Nas too. He walks on thin ice without Zacha in first line. But Zacha is in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

He is a bust. Period. 

Shero should have said, "F off, go play in the KHL", once he and his agent started playing games in September. In fact, I was hoping that would happen at the time. Instead, we got stuck with Almost for another season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Shero should have said, "F off, go play in the KHL", once he and his agent started playing games in September. In fact, I was hoping that would happen at the time. Instead, we got stuck with Almost for another season. 

He really teased us with that 13 goal season. Probably his career year. 

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i wouldnt give up on Zacha just yet. He's only 22. Ive been bringing this up quite a bit lately but Coleman was drafted in 11 and only really made the NHL in 2017. And he's one of our best player now. So who knows with Zacha, might be a late bloomer too

Nope, don't buy it.

Respect the optimism but Zacha's had his chance to show something - anything - and has failed to do so for years now. 

"Only 22" has lost its meaning into today's NHL when most high potential kids have shown consistent flashes by 20.

Comparing Coleman and Zacha is apples to oranges - two completely different players with completely different pedigrees and expectations.

B-b-b-bust.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i wouldnt give up on Zacha just yet. He's only 22. Ive been bringing this up quite a bit lately but Coleman was drafted in 11 and only really made the NHL in 2017. And he's one of our best player now. So who knows with Zacha, might be a late bloomer too

And every time you bring up Coleman I point out it’s super rare for a guy to bloom that late.

I was even trying to think of other examples last night after the hat trick. Maybe Tim Thomas? I’m sure there’s a few here and there, but it’s definitely not something that’s common. And I’m well past accepting the age excuse for Zacha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

And every time you bring up Coleman I point out it’s super rare for a guy to bloom that late.

I was even trying to think of other examples last night after the hat trick. Maybe Tim Thomas? I’m sure there’s a few here and there, but it’s definitely not something that’s common. And I’m well past accepting the age excuse for Zacha. 

Well whats the alternative? i mean... do you want to just buy him out just to get rid of him? He's not great but do we have someone better to take his spot? 

It's like when i see fans posting, "i just want this this this and this guy off the team!"

yeah... and we're already not great and staaaaarting to have an actual NHL lineup... who is replacing those guys? We need to add not substract

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well whats the alternative? i mean... do you want to just buy him out just to get rid of him? He's not great but do we have someone better to take his spot? 

It's like when i see fans posting, "i just want this this this and this guy off the team!"

yeah... and we're already not great and staaaaarting to have an actual NHL lineup... who is replacing those guys? We need to add not substract

Well, for starters I wouldn’t have extended him. But since that already happened he’d be glued to the 4th line until I could include him as a throw in piece on a trade. No more letting him drag other guys down. Nico was on fire until he got saddled with Zacha and now he hasn’t had a point in two games. As far as replacing him who cares who plays 4th line center? We have Nico, Hughes, and Zajac. And every time we’ve tried to move Zacha to wing he does nothing. 

• Like 1