Vegas Names DeBoer

titans04

Unless there's something else behind it and he's a big bad bully that didn't talk nice to his players.

EDIT: Well, I guess scratch that theory. 

Golden Knights Insider Gary Lawless confirmed on Wednesday that Gallant’s firing was “entirely performance based.”

Then the whole thing is strange:

"The Golden Knights awoke on Wednesday outside of a playoff position, but they are also just three points out from first place in the jam-packed Pacific Division."

Edited by MrBreeze

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Sounds like another team victim of overachieving too early and setting expectations they can't possibly keep reaching realistically

I hope you are not implying this team has overachieved under Ray? 

6 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I hope they fail miserably. I really like DeBoer as a person, but I cant stand that franchise with their BS luck and sneaky expansion draft rigging. 

Sneaky expansion draft rigging? Aka following the rules and taking advantage for their gain? How is it any different than teams using a compliance buyout? Its perfectly in the rules but its also their fault for signing a bad deal. Go back and look at the expansion draft and compare it to their opening night's roster. McPhee, who just came off of being called a bust for the Caps not winning when he was in charge, wheeled and dealed like a mastermind to get that team to how it was for that finals run,.

This is a rare time I'll pull for PDB, that team could very well be better than the Sharks team he took to the finals in 16.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I hope they fail miserably. I really like DeBoer as a person, but I cant stand that franchise with their BS luck and sneaky expansion draft rigging. 

Yeah i dunno about that. After the expansion draft they were kind of the laughing stock of the league, for the roster they got and for picking too many dmen or something then had to trade away some or wtv... It's only when the season started and they wouldnt stop winning that everyone went like "well wtf?"

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

They surely did that year we made the playoffs. Which i said at the time would probably set the wrong expectations for many many people

They absolutely scraped in on the last game on the back of one player. I don't think anyone thought they would be perennial playoff contenders year after year based on that. 

It shows you how low the bar has been over the last 5 years that this is seen as over achieving. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

They absolutely scraped in on the last game on the back of one player. I don't think anyone thought they would be perennial playoff contenders year after year based on that. 

It shows you how low the bar has been over the last 5 years that this is seen as over achieving. 

I’ll fully admit I’m one of those people that after that playoff run, I thought we legit were a goalie answer away from being a threat to make the post season for years to come. Only it would have gotten more comfortable. Alas, we’re back to where we were, just with a seemingly better stocked cupboard.

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

I’ll fully admit I’m one of those people that after that playoff run, I thought we legit were a goalie answer away from being a threat to make the post season for years to come. Only it would have gotten more comfortable. Alas, we’re back to where we were, just with a seemingly better stocked cupboard.

I was hoping that we were about to take a step and at least not be bottom dwellers. It just hasn't happened. I lay most of the blame for this a Hynse's door. But Hynse is only there for so long because of Ray. 

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I had the bar set at not being eliminated from playoff contention before October ends and they still managed to disappoint me lol

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I had the bar set at not being eliminated from playoff contention before October ends and they still managed to disappoint me lol

The season really did fall apart quicker than I can ever remember before. They just never bounced back from all those early blown leads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

The season really did fall apart quicker than I can ever remember before. They just never bounced back from all those early blown leads. 

I think that they have settled down, finally and they don’t send their pucker factor through the roof with leads now (looking at that caps game). Just wish we didn’t stand fast and allow Hynes to continue running the ship for as long as we did. The shake up with him and Hall at least seemed to change their “poor us” mindset to a “well no one is coming to help, time to nut up or shut up”

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The shake up with him and Hall at least seemed to change their “poor us” mindset to a “well no one is coming to help, time to nut up or shut up”

I think that's pretty spot on - with the departure of Hall I feel like they started to play with a little chip on their shoulder, almost like showing that they're not just a bunch of misfits.  Obviously there's still a lot of talent on this team, but when your biggest star leaves, it kind of makes you have to go out and prove that you won't just crumble, and that you are in fact still a group of talented hockey players.

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I was hoping that we were about to take a step and at least not be bottom dwellers. It just hasn't happened. I lay most of the blame for this a Hynse's door. But Hynse is only there for so long because of Ray. 

That really wasn't a ridiculous expectation. Like I said before, instead of 8th in the division, maybe, I don't know... 5th or 6th? All I was looking for last season and this season was something that showed us the team was building to something. 

• Like 2