Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jerzey

GDT: Devils @ Caps 1/16 7:00

Recommended Posts

Devils offense... throw pucks on net that have zero chance of going in, shoot them wide, or shoot them directly at the goalie's chest and pray Nico or Coleman can carry the team.

Zacha...a starfish wrapped around a hockey stick is more dangerous offensively than this loser

Cory... please go back to the AHL.

Edited by slasher72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s sad is this game could have been worse - the Caps could have scored about 3 goals in the first 5 minutes of the game. At least that didn’t happen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we didnt ruin blackwood, cause right now our defense and goaltending looks years away.. not to mention our scoring depth is paper thin.. so these analytics people think were ready for prime time? keep Torturing those numbers fella's.. you can get them to say anything you want.. parcells said, "you are what your record says you are" right on bill. The list of players I dont want to see anymore keeps growing .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

Coleman for captain

And coach, GM, he can broadcast the games, and serve the Rita’s custard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ray should of gave him a better contract. 2 years? he oozes what i want devils players to be like. gives all and gets rewarded. yet we paid wood more? dont f this up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

ray should of gave him a better contract. 2 years? he oozes what i want devils players to be like. gives all and gets rewarded. yet we paid wood more? dont f this up

It was a 3-year deal.  He goes UFA after next season.

Also, Coleman signed his RFA deal coming off a season where he put up 13 goals and 12 assists.  No one saw him becoming this productive.  Major credit to him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was a 3-year deal.  He goes UFA after next season.

Also, Coleman signed his RFA deal coming off a season where he put up 13 goals and 12 assists.  No one saw him becoming this productive.  Major credit to him.

for some reason i thought he signed this past season.  i drank a few bud light seltzers.  all i know is we better re-sign him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

Coleman for captain

If we can re-sign him. Otherwise give it to Nico. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

for some reason i thought he signed this past season.  i drank a few bud light seltzers.  all i know is we better re-sign him. 

Also remember that at the time Coleman was signed, he had all of 102 NHL games and 27 points under his belt...and was already 26 years old.  Shero doesn’t deserve to get second-guessed over Coleman’s contract.  It was extremely fair.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Hell right now not giving up a hat trick every game would be an improvement...

I wonder what the record is for most hat tricks against in the season. It feels like it's been a lot this year but some of those 80s teams probably gave up more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Also remember that at the time Coleman was signed, he had all of 102 NHL games and 27 points under his belt...and was already 26 years old.  Shero doesn’t deserve to get second-guessed over Coleman’s contract.  It was extremely fair.

If we had a GM I’d say re-signing him was a top priority. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night actually made me a little scared about our future now that we know the stat-nerds will get a bigger voice in the decision-making process.

Miles "Expected Goals" Wood on the top line worked like a charm.....for the Caps.  And Pavel "Best PKer in the League" Zacha is as useless as always.

Big Yikes.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Last night actually made me a little scared about our future now that we know the stat-nerds will get a bigger voice in the decision-making process.

Miles "Expected Goals" Wood on the top line worked like a charm.....for the Caps.  And Pavel "Best PKer in the League" Zacha is as useless as always.

Big Yikes.

I don't know if its the stat geeks or Ray, but this little depth 5 years into a rebuild is unsettling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don't know if its the stat geeks or Ray, but this little depth 5 years into a rebuild is unsettling. 

Right now if we lose any of Palms, Blackwood, or Hischier for any extended period of time the whole house of cards come crashing down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Devils offense... throw pucks on net that have zero chance of going in, shoot them wide, or shoot them directly at the goalie's chest and pray Nico or Coleman can carry the team.

Zacha...a starfish wrapped around a hockey stick is more dangerous offensively than this loser

Cory... please go back to the AHL.

Seriously. It's like watching a team full of Brian Gionta's in his last seasons here.

36 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Right now if we lose any of Palms, Blackwood, or Hischier for any extended period of time the whole house of cards come crashing down.

Add Coleman to that list too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Last night actually made me a little scared about our future now that we know the stat-nerds will get a bigger voice in the decision-making process.

Miles "Expected Goals" Wood on the top line worked like a charm.....for the Caps.  And Pavel "Best PKer in the League" Zacha is as useless as always.

Big Yikes.

Way bigger than last night for me or even this season. They're a perfect pair of plugs. I need more 🍿 at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Also remember that at the time Coleman was signed, he had all of 102 NHL games and 27 points under his belt...and was already 26 years old.  Shero doesn’t deserve to get second-guessed over Coleman’s contract.  It was extremely fair.

Yes it was fair. But now the Devils have to think about trading him in the never-ending effort to restock a shallow organization with good players. It sucks.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Wilson-Ovechkin blind backhand pass for a goal reminded me of Elias-Arnott to win the Cup. The good 'ol days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Yes it was. But now the Devils have to think about trading him in the never-ending effort to restock a shallow organization with good players. It sucks.

I think they should try to re-sign him.  Plenty of cap room to do it, and they have through the end of next season to get it done (though it would be nice to see him extended this off-season).  Yeah, if he has no interest in staying, then deal him.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think they should try to re-sign him.

Definitely. It's so nice when unheralded players make a name for themselves. We had players like that for years ... McKay, Brylin, Madden, Clarkson and Rafalski come to mind. We had the foundation players then, too, to make it all work.

 

Edited by Jerrydevil
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you get an absolute King's Ransom back, you can't trade Coleman. 

He's one of the few salt-of-the-earth, competitive guys on this roster it seems. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.