GDT: Devils @ Columbus 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Cory getting the start. 

😳

I thought Cory was going to start last game - it felt like it made sense - but I think Nas liked what he saw with Domingue the previous time the Devs played the Caps - his righty glove was useful against Ovechkin's one timer. So it was fitting that in the second game Ovechkin started the scoring with a laser beam over Domingue's glove hand.

Cory has looked fairly good so far. But yeah, ya'll are right, we've been suckered too many times to expect Cory to return to form. Hate to say it but Columbus is a really well coached team under Torts - and they're really pretty good defensively, they limit quality shots against. This is not the type of team the Devils have fared well against but then again they've managed to win against all sorts of teams and lose against all sorts of teams. The important thing here is that Columbus isn't some offensive powerhouse, so at least it's a good opportunity for Cory to get himself together. At this point he's playing to not get bought out this offseason.

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Pretty much a guaranteed loss with Cory in net, I just hope Nico, Coleman, Hughes, and Goose play well. All I really care about at this point. 

Exactly how I feel. That and watching for improvement from Hughes.

I would really like to encourage those watching to observe Zacha’s shifts and to ask yourselves if he really is giving 100% out there.

16 minutes ago, devlman said:

Exactly how I feel. That and watching for improvement from Hughes.

I would really like to encourage those watching to observe Zacha’s shifts and to ask yourselves if he really is giving 100% out there.

its called thinking too much imo.  he goes after the forecheck in spurts.. but yeah he look cautious for this many years in

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

LGD I want to win this game.. it's been a tough ten game stretch against many of the best teams in the east.  Let's end it well.. plus it's fun beating the dick head

If by dick head you mean Torts I would take that dick head behind our bench in less that a half a second.  He's no Nas that's for gd sure.

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

If by dick head you mean Torts I would take that dick head behind our bench in less that a half a second.  He's no Nas that's for gd sure.

That a pretty low bar lol

I'd take the majority of the coaches around the league over Nas. 

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Same but Torts hates losing as much as fans do. I don't think he's ever had a morale victory. Wears his emotions on his sleeves every time out. 

Nas has the energy of a rotting fish. He can't go soon enough. 

Personally if we’re going to go with a coach the players hate I’d rather have Babcock. But yeah, I’d kill for either one right about now.