GDT: Devils @ Columbus 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Man how i wish i could come up with something as smart and enlightened as "nobody knows exactly what the owners are thinking". You're like the Sherlock of our times.

Planning on putting your own quotes on tshirts maybe? What's your next pitch? "Water is wet" ?

I said the owners wouldn't let Shero do things his way, which means they wanted him to do what they wanted, which is supported by many reports. I didn't make anything up you smartass

Just because a reporter says it doesn’t mean we know for sure that ownership wanted to be more involved and Ray didn’t want that, like you said. Then you got called out for it, and try to change it to a narrative of they just didn’t agree how things should be run. Well no sh!t, genius, otherwise he’d still be there. But that’s not what you said nor what I objected to.

You could not be any more of a moron and you reveal that more and more every single day. You never heard the phrase “don’t believe everything you read”?

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Just because a reporter says it doesn’t mean we know it for certain like you said. You could not be any more of a moron and you reveal that more and more every single day. You never heard the phrase “don’t believe everything you read”?

well i dont cause for a fact i know im not a moron and i just read a very unreliable source saying i was.

"Ray is a talented hockey executive and I am confident he will have great success in the future. However, Ray and I are in agreement that the Devils need to move in a new direction and that this change is in the best interest of the team. - Josh Harris

How is this quote "just a reporter", its coming straight from the man who fired him, saying they needed to move in a new direction in his opinion".

it's a very basic matter of putting 2 and 2 together here, everything is pointing in that direction.

You have an owner and a GM coming to the conclusion that the GM has to go and go in a different direction. It's not rocket science that the owner think his direction is the right one. Come on now.

The fact you're trying to pin on me that im making sh!t up saying that they were not seeing eye to eye on how to run the team is fvcking laughable and it nothing more than you trying to feed your own ego.

Hell there's posters here saying straight out that the analytics team had more power than shero and sh!t like that. And you're not jumping on them but me for saying something that was already said, by the owner? what the hell

Edited by SterioDesign

Not sure if this has already been posted but it seems relevant here:

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/the-complicated-devils-power-structure-behind-ray-sheros-demise/

Slap Shots has been told New Jersey features an organizational chart in which all lines on the hockey side lead to ownership rather than the general manager and that the influence the analytics department had on ownership was an issue, with VP Tyler Dellow reporting to Blitzer/Harris rather than Shero and with reports from the analytics department awarded prominence in weekly meetings between ownership and the hockey department.

47 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well i dont cause for a fact i know im not a moron and i just read a very unreliable source saying i was.

How is this quote "just a reporter", its coming straight from the man who fired him, saying they needed to move in a new direction in his opinion".

it's a very basic matter of putting 2 and 2 together here, everything is pointing in that direction.

You have an owner and a GM coming to the conclusion that the GM has to go and go in a different direction. It's not rocket science that the owner think his direction is the right one. Come on now.

The fact you're trying to pin on me that im making sh!t up saying that they were not seeing eye to eye on how to run the team is fvcking laughable and it nothing more than you trying to feed your own ego.

Hell there's posters here saying straight out that the analytics team had more power than shero and sh!t like that. And you're not jumping on them but me for saying something that was already said, by the owner? what the hell

You are making it up, because that’s not what you said, and you got caught talking out of your ass so you’re trying to change the narrative. 

Edited by mfitz804

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You are making it up, and you got caught talking out of your ass so you’re trying to change the narrative. 

the quote from harris is right there! what the hell are you talking about "making it up" what did i make up there? I didnt change a damn thing i said.

You're the one saying Elliot Friedman is "Third hand speculation at best" and kept ignoring direct quotes from Josh Harris. Who's trying to change the narrative here? 

Edited by SterioDesign

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

the quote from harris is right there! what the hell are you talking about "making it up" what did i make up there? You're the one trying to change the narrative. I didnt change a damn thing i said

The quote says they decided to go in different directions. You said we know for sure that ownership wanted more involvement and Ray didn’t want that. Do you not understand those two things are different?

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The quote says they decided to go in different directions. You said we know for sure that ownership wanted more involvement and Ray didn’t want that. Do you not understand those two things are different?

I said "Well we basically know for sure that they were thinking that they should impose on their GM how he should run the team... " which most would agree that owners should stay out of hockey decisions like this. You hire a GM for a reason, he's the hockey mind.

"I am not saying that. I am saying that Shero liked a tight group, the Devils wanted more people involved. Philosophical disagreement." - Elliotte Friedman <--- one of the most reputable reporter in hockey.

"Ray is a talented hockey executive and I am confident he will have great success in the future. However, Ray and I are in agreement that the Devils need to move in a new direction and that this change is in the best interest of the team. - Josh Harris

Everything i said is based on those 2 quotes. You're the one saying Friedman is third hand speculation. Shero was fired! After reading those quotes it's pretty damn easy to add things up. 

You're really reaching here more than i ever was about this. 

Edited by SterioDesign

I suffer this same nonsense with the jets, and it doesnt work there.  ownership would need to be the smartest hockey guys in the room, thats not likely.. didnt we have a dir of hockey ops?? obviously a no-show job. Roster trumps analytics , and last night was a perfect example. and like the jets the devils are some major pieces away from real contending

this thing better start working or the owners very expensive toy is going to start losing its fan base in waves. hockey isnt football as far as sheer fanbase size. hockey works on thin margins. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, Friedman wasn’t the third hand speculation, YOU were. 

1927649141_ScreenShot2020-01-19at2_27_39PM.thumb.png.ada3168460c39e29092e135986496334.png

Nice try cupcake. Anyone with eyes can see what you're doing here lol

1- i said REPORTS were that owners wanted more people involved and Shero wanted less. (based on Friedman's tweet)

2- Then is said there was the reports about the analytics people going straight to Harris. (Which was reported by various sources. Dreger, friedman, brooks etc etc)

3- I said Harris (eventhough i wrote Harry) said something about the "direction of the team". ("Ray is a talented hockey executive and I am confident he will have great success in the future. However, Ray and I are in agreement that the Devils need to move in a new direction and that this change is in the best interest of the team. - Josh Harris")

So you're absolutely full of sh&#33;t saying that I am thirdhand speculation. You're absolutely backpeddling like a mofo right now and everyone can see it. I did not make up a single thing.

All i said is we knew for sure they wouldn't let Shero operate the way he wanted. That's just obvious since he was fired and following all those reports pointing in the same direction)

Edited by SterioDesign

23 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

1927649141_ScreenShot2020-01-19at2_27_39PM.thumb.png.ada3168460c39e29092e135986496334.png

Nice try cupcake. Anyone with eyes can see what you're doing here lol

1- i said REPORTS were that owners wanted more people involved and Shero wanted less. (based on Friedman's tweet)

2- Then is said there was the reports about the analytics people going straight to Harris. (Which was reported by various sources. Dreger, friedman, brooks etc etc)

3- I said Harris (eventhough i wrote Harry) said something about the "direction of the team". ("Ray is a talented hockey executive and I am confident he will have great success in the future. However, Ray and I are in agreement that the Devils need to move in a new direction and that this change is in the best interest of the team. - Josh Harris")

So you're absolutely full of sh&#33;t saying that I am thirdhand speculation. You're absolutely backpeddling like a mofo right now and everyone can see it. I did not make up a single thing.

All i said is we knew for sure they wouldn't let Shero operate the way he wanted. That's just obvious since he was fired and following all those reports pointing in the same direction)

Uhh no, that’s not what you said. 

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Uhh no, that’s not what you said. 

i precisely said

Well we basically know for sure that they were thinking that they should impose on their GM how he should run the team... 

Which is the same thing. Based on what was reported... they wanted to impose having more people involved and he didn't want that.

"I am saying that Shero liked a tight group, the Devils wanted more people involved. Philosophical disagreement." - Elliotte Friedman

Man you're truly backpeddling and reaching like crazy here, just admit you were wrong. Anyone reading this can see that you were wrong, i posted quotes, screenshots, everything and its all proving you wrong. Your "third hand speculation" comment was wrong no matter who you were truly referring to". Just let it go.

Edited by SterioDesign

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And you don’t see how those two things are different, nor how a reported saying something doesn’t mean we “know for sure”, and you aren’t capable of understanding it. Yet you keep going and tell ME to let it go. 

Listen Shero WAS fired. That i said "we can safely assume that" vs "know for sure" is very irrelevant and close enough not to be called a bullsh&#33;ter and someone making sh&#33;t up and speculation. 

This is nothing compared to you saying Friedman (just some reporter)'s quote... or Harris' quotes were third hand speculation. And that i made up anything.  This is nothing but you trying to pin something on me. Other posters made wayyy bigger assumptions saying the analytics had more power than shero and sh&#33;t like that and you didnt say a thing about that. But you pick on the way i phrased something and kept calling me a bullsh&#33;ter when all i did was report exactly what was said. 

6 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Yup. I cannot wait until the Lou contract blunders (Cory, Travis) and Conte F*ck ups (Zacha) are off this team. 

Travis is still playing pretty well for us. Might as well let him finish his contract out (one more year) at the very least. It’s not like Zacha has stepped up to take that 3C spot. If Hughes can take 2C next season, 3C will be perfect for Zajac to finish his career out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Travis is still playing pretty well for us. Might as well let him finish his contract out (one more year) at the very least. It’s not like Zacha has stepped up to take that 3C spot. If Hughes can take 2C next season, 3C will be perfect for Zajac to finish his career out. 

Agreed, Zajac is fine for what he is. If we re-sign him beyond next year, he’ll take a pay cut and he will suddenly become very palatable to the doubters

• Like 1

Devils should absolutely forfeit every game against the sh&#33;tjackets. Do we ever score a goal against them? EVER? fvck this embarrassment of a franchise there isn't a big enough cyanide capsule for the Devils right now. How does Schneider justify using oxygen on this earth right now? 

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, '7' said:

Devils should absolutely forfeit every game against the sh&#33;tjackets. Do we ever score a goal against them? EVER? fvck this embarrassment of a franchise there isn't a big enough cyanide capsule for the Devils right now. How does Schneider justify using oxygen on this earth right now? 

So I had to look this up...the Devils have now lost nine straight to the BJs (they did manage to notch a point, in a SO loss), and have been outscored 33-9 in those nine games...only six goals scored total in the last eight games.  Unreal. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So I had to look this up...the Devils have now lost nine straight to the BJs (they did manage to notch a point, in a SO loss), and have been outscored 33-9 in those nine games...only six goals scored total in the last eight games.  Unreal. 

In fairness, lots of guys have let BJs adversely affect their lives. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well I can guarantee who we will run in to if we ever make the playoffs again. 

• Like 1