Montreal @ New Jersey

lazer

Montreal @ New Jersey 2/4/20 @ 7 on MSG  

19 members have voted

1. 1. To care or not to care

• Care
    • Dont care

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I wish the block feature would work properly so I don't have to see this ass clowns posts in quotes anymore. So damn annoying. (not you titans04, SDs) 

Yeah yeah pal. We allllllll got it the first 10 times you said this. We truly get it. 

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I basically refuse to judge any of the young guys on this team until they get a competent coaching setup. 

This is starting to feel like the worst season in my time as a Devil's fan. Nothing is coming together. 

It’s been absolutely brutal. Season can’t end soon enough.

• Like 2

Cheer up lads & lasses! Hard to blame coaching if the team isn't good. I agree with MD, I think we need a total reset w/ coaching, a new or old philosophy. A defense 1st type coach to teach these guys how to win games 2-1. Learn defensive responsibilities,  and go from there.  I just want us to play well in our own zone. And find better goaltending.

I like Blackwood, want him to stay. But we need another (Jake Allen/Khudobin) type,  very reliable. No one in Bingo is close to being ready (goalie)  This may be the time to bring in a Scott Stevens. (if he's interested) but a Trotz 

Watched most of the game before switching it over to the SOTU.  That was far more entertaining than whatever the Devils do over on MSG and MSG+.

I am not worried about Hughes yet.  I wish I could see him with more than just 1 or 2 games away at a time from the likes of Simmonds, Wood and Zacha.  Plus from what I have heard, his underlying numbers are still somewhat decent and especially so compared to the likes of Kakko and Dach.

Oh and Domingue sucks.  If we can flip him for even a 6th rounder that would be a steal and a small upgrade from losing a 7th for him.

I'm surrounded by rags fans  at work.  Just yesterday they were killing Kakko and sent me a screen shot of I believe the biggest rags forum where they have an ongoing daily  interactive updated sh!t list of players from best to worst.  Bottom line is even they have kakko rated as junk.

1. Artemi Panarin
2. Mika Zibanejad
3. Tony DeAngelo
4. Chris Kreider
5. Jacob Trouba
6. Filip Chytil -1
7. Ryan Strome
8. Adam Fox
9. Ryan Lindgren
10. Pavel Buchnevich +1
11. Jesper Fast
12. Henrik Lundqvist
13. Brendan Lemieux
14. Brett Howden
15. Alexander Georgiev
16. Brady Skjei
17. Igor Shesterkin
18. Marc Staal
19. Kaapo Kakko
20. Brendan Smith
21. Greg McKegg
22. Micheal Haley
23. Phillip Di Giuseppe

A true dose of reality. Just an honest reflection of where he is today. Hughes having not separated himself from a failing kakko isn't ideal.

13 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Does anyone else feel like it actually hurts Bryce to form coherent sentences?

I love Bryce the ex Devil, but am not a fan of his breakdowns.

Bryce to me is the best of the worst we have.  My first choice would be a clean sweep and a fresh start in the booth. Was happy to see Chico moved out but Daneyko is the bottom of the barrel imo.  Most nights I can avoid it all by listening to the away broadcast.

• Like 2

Having had a chance to collect my thoughts, I can now reflect on last night's game without being too emotional.  I was pretty pissed, and, though I shouldn't have been, was also shocked that we managed to blow a 3-0 lead and gave up 4 straight.  Losing in the shootout sucked, especially since it was to Kovy, but we should have never been there in the first place, and the fact that this is still happening to this team, even after firing a coach and a GM, is maddening and upsetting.  The worst part of it all is that I really don't know what the plan is, or what it should be.  

We all wanted Hynes gone eventually, and that happened.  Whether we wanted it or not, the GM is gone too.  Neither position has been filled, so we're essentially in limbo, and while I don't want them to rush either decision, I feel like something needs to and should be done soon, or else we're just wasting time.  Pre-season next year is going to start in September, we know that, and it would stand to reason that the more time we give to players and a coach to build a bond and get to know each other, learn a system, etc etc, the better chance we have for success next year.  

Any sane person knows this team isn't going anywhere this year, so it's clear that the remaining 30 or so games will just be a test and an evaluation.  It'll be a test for the players to see what they've got physically, a test for a potential coach to see if he can mold them into great players, and an evaluation for a potential GM to see if he can construct a winning team. 

I can see why the organization would not want to hire a coach or GM right now, but if you bring in a guy for either or both of those roles, there's essentially zero pressure or expectations from now until June, and you can basically get a head start on building for next year.  As the old saying goes, why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

This team is so bad. 

TANK. 

Summer comes, get rid of everyone coaching staff. Get this junk out. 

I'm done with Butcher - guy is terrible. Soft, Slow, no Size or strength. 

I'm over Butcher too.  When we got him I thought he'd be moderately fast and also a good PP defenseman.  He's been neither. He seems like one of the most forgettable players ever.  I feel like he has no impact on the game.  On a team full of players who are prone to mistakes and bad turnovers I suppose you could make the argument that him not standing out is actually a good thing, but I just don't see him as an asset.  He's not one of the guys we need to get rid of immediately, but I'd have no problem if he was packaged in a deal for something better. 

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

I'm surrounded by rags fans  at work.  Just yesterday they were killing Kakko and sent me a screen shot of I believe the biggest rags forum where they have an ongoing daily  interactive updated sh!t list of players from best to worst.  Bottom line is even they have kakko rated as junk.

1. Artemi Panarin
2. Mika Zibanejad
3. Tony DeAngelo
4. Chris Kreider
5. Jacob Trouba
6. Filip Chytil -1
7. Ryan Strome
8. Adam Fox
9. Ryan Lindgren
10. Pavel Buchnevich +1
11. Jesper Fast
12. Henrik Lundqvist
13. Brendan Lemieux
14. Brett Howden
15. Alexander Georgiev
16. Brady Skjei
17. Igor Shesterkin
18. Marc Staal
19. Kaapo Kakko
20. Brendan Smith
21. Greg McKegg
22. Micheal Haley
23. Phillip Di Giuseppe

A true dose of reality. Just an honest reflection of where he is today. Hughes having not separated himself from a failing kakko isn't ideal.

But Kakko was expected to make a difference immediately. No one thought Hughes would. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toasterleavins said:

Does anyone else feel like it actually hurts Bryce to form coherent sentences?

I love Bryce the ex Devil, but am not a fan of his breakdowns.

I like Bryce a lot and think he does a great job but I just don't know why they can't give him a button to press or at least a button to press to signal to the production crew to start and stop video. He shouldn't have to say start it or stop it here over and over again. I put that blame on whoever is producing the broadcast. 

• Like 3

Again, expectations weren’t the same. This was a weird draft year where the #2 pick was supposed to make the bigger impact early on. 

The fact that a 170 lb baby faced Hughes has been slightly better than “played against men” Kakko is encouraging to me. 

Dach is a couple points behind Hughes, Byram and Turcotte aren’t even in the NHL yet...

I know we get hung up on the #1OA thing, but some perspective is useful. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, HellOnICE said:

This team is so bad. 

TANK. 

Summer comes, get rid of everyone coaching staff. Get this junk out. 

But how do you purge the stench of losing from this organization?

Clear out the vets that have become accustomed to it?  Greene, Zajac, etc.?  I'd love to see it happen personally, but I don't think they'll ditch Zajac and I'm sure Greene gets re-signed.

Bring in Vets that have won elsewhere to establish the culture?  Bring in an ass-kicker of a coach that won't accept complacency?

We're so, so close to becoming the Oilers.. if we haven't already.

4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

My fear is Palmieri and/or Coleman are moved and we basically start over. 

Palmieri seems to be one of the few guys over the age of 25 that gives a fvck - I'd hate to see him moved.

Coleman, I think, is a heart-and-soul guy.  But his stock is at an all-time high right now and I think a contender might pay an arm and a leg for him.  It'd be tough to see him elsewhere but the return would probably be relatively phenomenal. 

Edited by Devilsfan118
Edit: So many typos

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Coleman, I think, is a heart-and-soul guy.  But his stock is at an all-time high right now and I think a contender might pay and arm and a leg for him.  I'd be tough to see him elsewhere but the return would probably be relatively phenomenal. 

I don't think the return could possibly be worth moving Coleman. You almost never get back full value on depth guys like him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Again, expectations weren’t the same. This was a weird draft year where the #2 pick was supposed to make the bigger impact early on. 

The fact that a 170 lb baby faced Hughes has been slightly better than “played against men” Kakko is encouraging to me. 

Dach is a couple points behind Hughes, Byram and Turcotte aren’t even in the NHL yet...

I know we get hung up on the #1OA thing, but some perspective is useful. 

They’re both ridiculously young, I don’t consider what either of them have done a “failure”. 

Nor do I feel Hughes has been better; the difference between the two is negligible. I don’t know if I would say Jack has exceeded his expectation. But purely on the idea that Kakko was more ready, that doesn’t appear to be the case.