Jump to content
eaglejelly

GDT: DEVILS at FLYERS 7 p.m., MSG+ 2, NHL.TV

Recommended Posts

Just now, mfitz804 said:

He might have ocular herpes but he wasn’t wrong. 

Never said he was, just saying he should get checked. I worry about people on this board, we can't lose the regulars...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Congrats, you now have STDs in your eyes from even bothering reading the comment sections on any of those three sources. You very well might have full blown eyeball AIDS from facebook alone.

Well lately this board should also be bolded.

I've been WAY more frustrated reading some comments here than i've been watching any games this season. 

And to make things worst... you try to stay positive and do your best to keep this place tolerable, proposing a positive mindset or give a different angle that may help some people be less frustrated, i'd like to imagine that a normal person would prefer not being frustrated and angry if they can help it... But nope. Some just want to be angry and will tear you apart for trying to be positive and call you a holier than thou for trying to bring positivity.

Sure enough all those losers are nowhere to be found when we're winning but they'll post 67 comments when we lose.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lazer said:

giving up 46 shots sure is amazing

Not many of them were great chances. Philly was shooting from everywhere once they got down 3 or 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well lately this board should also be bolded.

I've been WAY more frustrated reading some comments here than i've been watching any games this season. 

And to make things worst... you try to stay positive and do your best to keep this place tolerable, proposing a positive mindset or give a different angle that may help some people be less frustrated, i'd like to imagine that a normal person would prefer not being frustrated and angry if they can help it... But nope. Some just want to be angry and will tear you apart for trying to be positive and call you a holier than thou for trying to bring positivity.

Sure enough all those losers are nowhere to be found when we're winning but they'll post 67 comments when we lose.

To be fair, you are extremely polarizing and you love to stir the pot when people are having their freak outs, sustained or occasional.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jagknife said:

To be fair, you are extremely polarizing and you love to stir the pot when people are having their freak outs, sustained or occasional.

Sure but the world doesn't revolve around me and my reach within the Devils fanbase is next to none. Actually my opinion apparently doesn't hold any value since i can't go to games.... So it's not really relevant to my overall point that so many fans right now are not even willing to see positivity. We're seeing that happening when I'm not involved lol

Hell most of our scapegoat players just scored 5 goals and someone still posted about how we gave up a lot of shots. That's like being stuck with a group in a cave, freezing for weeks and when you eventually get out you hear them whine about how the sun could potentially give them skin cancer.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Sure but the world doesn't revolve around me and my reach within the Devils fanbase is next to none. Actually my opinion apparently doesn't hold any value since i can't go to games.... So it's not really relevant to my overall point that so many fans right now are not even willing to see positivity. We're seeing that happening when I'm not involved lol

Hell most of our scapegoat players just scored 5 goals and someone still posted about how we gave up a lot of shots. That's like being stuck with a group in a cave, freezing for weeks and when you eventually get out you hear them whine about how the sun could potentially give them skin cancer.

You’re not stuck here, man. The only thing you do is say how much you dislike everyone. Nobody is stopping you from leaving. 

i can honestly say I will miss the posts that you make with effort if you do leave; you have a lot to say and you’re usually pretty articulate. But man, I won’t miss the endless posts telling us how to be fans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You’re not stuck here, man. The only thing you do is say how much you dislike everyone. Nobody is stopping you from leaving. 

i can honestly say I will miss the posts that you make with effort if you do leave; you have a lot to say and you’re usually pretty articulate. But man, I won’t miss the endless posts telling us how to be fans. 

No this place can be fun and great. And that's really not the only thing i do lol BUT hey i'm at least always trying to be fair and to challenge my own beliefs. So i can agree that im often openly vocal about the negativity here but maybe i'm not as vocals about the things i like here so thats why you see it that way. For the sake of trying to be fair then i can say i guess im kind of a hypocrite in this case when i'm calling out posters for completely disappearing when things are good and posting 50 posts a minute when things are bad. I'll think about that, but im pretty certain im posting at a regular pace no matter what and always trying to contribute positively

And well clearly i'm not articulate enough cause i must have explained you specifically like... man... honestly like 20+ times that I'm not telling you or anyone what to do. You keep saying this. And i keep telling you that it's not what I'm doing lol

I'll try one last time. Please focus

Giving your thoughts or opinion on someone or a group behaviour/mentality is not telling them what to do. It's simply giving them feedback on what you think of their actions. I have absolutely no authority or right to tell anyone what they can and cannot do outside of when i'm telling the employees at Subway what to put and not put on my meatballs sub. 

Also if you think i'm harsh about this fanbase you really should see me mock social justice warriors or biased extremists... you'd see that it's really not that bad lol Ricky Gervais' golden globe roast is my spirit animal

Edited by SterioDesign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day for Zacha, good day for wood. Remember that disappointment list, think about expectations. Ok. People can think wherever they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I’ve been WAY more frustrated reading some comments here than i've been watching any games this season. 

1000%. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want anyone to leave  here. This is why they put 2 horses in a race. We're all disappointed greatly in the season & it brings out the cantankerous-ness.  Some posters are more doom and gloom than other and articulate their argument.  

Cheer up! It's a  game. There are some teams in same boat as us.Let's be fans, glass half empty half full.  

On the game: How many times have many of us here said:  "Could you imagine if Wood buried some of those breakaways"? I now don't want him going anywhere. Blackwood was great and is a very good goalie. Zacha was pretty darn good last night too.  Watch, they'll lose next game 6-2 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Watch, they'll lose next game 6-2 

 

C8676333-5243-49F7-8D1B-68946A57A3FF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Points in 5 straight. Games against LAK and DET coming up...

RIP draft odds lol

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Sure but the world doesn't revolve around me and my reach within the Devils fanbase is next to none. Actually my opinion apparently doesn't hold any value since i can't go to games.... So it's not really relevant to my overall point that so many fans right now are not even willing to see positivity. We're seeing that happening when I'm not involved lol

Hell most of our scapegoat players just scored 5 goals and someone still posted about how we gave up a lot of shots. That's like being stuck with a group in a cave, freezing for weeks and when you eventually get out you hear them whine about how the sun could potentially give them skin cancer.

As someone who has been stuck outside with a group freezing for A week, I can tell you the biggest complaint we had was snow drifts blow 😉

I get what you’re saying, I do, but there has been a lot of times lately you come off as dictating how people should feel and act.

Hell yeah some posts drive me insane, hell i’m sure if I went back and read my own I’d want to punch myself in the junk for being a chicken little, especially since this is a lost season and ANY successes they have is a positive for this group, but as we talked about a while ago when I pointed asked if you were a psychology major, people have to cope and vent different than the rest. Just do what some do to you and mute, might help ya a little.
—————————

IDK, fvck it, either way we won, Severson is just helping his case to stay with his recent play, or in my world boosting his trade value, along with Wood and Zacha.

Jack saw another win so at least that losing taste isn’t A constant this season. I’m absolutely over this “he needs to be protected” sh!t Hynes and now Nas are adamant about. Joey fvcking Anderson stood up for Jack when Sanheim roughed him up a little, it can be done by literally anyone on this team who has a shred of pride. I’d love to see him play more consistently with actual talent than Simmer and Wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dammit, in my rush to get to work this morning, I forgot my Devils jerseys that I was planning to leave on all the Flyers fans chairs in the office.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

I don't want anyone to leave  here. This is why they put 2 horses in a race.

Two horses in a race? What kind of boring a$$ horse races do you watch??

:) 

8 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Dammit, in my rush to get to work this morning, I forgot my Devils jerseys that I was planning to leave on all the Flyers fans chairs in the office.    

You’re better off, you won’t have to bring it to the CDC for decontamination. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

1000%. 

I don’t blame anyone for being frustrated. Especially after all the excitement and hope going into the season, but the one thing that really pisses me off to no end is the “bust” talk about Nico and Jack. This place is better than that. There’s a reason this is the only site I discuss the Devils on. If I wanted to be subjected to those kinds of takes I’d be on any number of the other cesspools full of lunatics, and people who don’t know sh!t about hockey. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Points in 5 straight. Games against LAK and DET coming up...

RIP draft odds lol

Bad teams gonna bad.  This team once had a nice 8-4-2 run that included wins against some good teams.  They're actually a not-totally-putrid 10-7-5 over their last 22.  But in the end I can't see them sustaining all that much (prior to last night, they'd given up 34 goals in their previous 7 games, and it's not like they suddenly figured things out last night...not going to bank too many shutouts giving up 46 shots)...and also keep in mind that there will be probably be some deadline subtractions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dad and I attended this one last night, great seats too.  Very generous gift from my sister's boyfriend.

I'll tell you what though - we didn't wear our jerseys because I didn't feel like putting up with sh!t all night.. and I think we made the right call.  There were some angry fans in the arena last night, and frankly I can't blame them.  

Blackwood looked inhuman last night.  He was absolutely insane.. he made so many dangerous chances and deflections look routine.

Also worth noting - Hughes looks like a baby out there.  His babyface really stands out.

Fun times, great win.  Team looked to be having fun last night for the first time in a while.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

My Dad and I attended this one last night, great seats too.  Very generous gift from my sister's boyfriend.

I'll tell you what though - we didn't wear our jerseys because I didn't feel like putting up with sh!t all night.. and I think we made the right call.  There were some angry fans in the arena last night, and frankly I can't blame them.  

Blackwood looked inhuman last night.  He was absolutely insane.. he made so many dangerous chances and deflections look routine.

Also worth noting - Hughes looks like a baby out there.  His babyface really stands out.

Fun times, great win.  Team looked to be having fun last night for the first time in a while.

I went to one game in Wells Fargo with a devils jersey In 2009ish. When the devils scored my friend and I would stand up, fist bump, and immediately sit down. We didn’t cheer or boo otherwise. We knew the reputation and didn’t want to make trouble.

in the second period an old woman said “devils suck!” and it was adorable, so I replied “look at the standings!”. She screamed “DO YOU SUCK YOUR DADS D!CK WITH THAT MOUTH LITTLE BOY?”. Shocking doesn’t begin to describe it. 

in the third period the devils took a pretty decent lead, so we stopped standing up or anything really. Let’s not poke the bear, right? Well security came up fifteen minutes later to escort us from the Building because multiple people reported us for “cursing out a grandma”. On our walk out she was making the “suck my d!ck” hand motion to loud cheers from the rest of the section. Even the ushers were laughing. Having had enough, I called her a geriatric cvnt. Oops. Two philly fans rushed at us and were pulled back by cops. We were told it was safest to take off our jerseys as we left the stadium and put them in a bag they gave us. Someone recognized my friend and shoved him into a wall. I called over the police who were guarding the exits and they suggested we take cabs back to his apartment (he lived a metro stop away). 

i will never step foot in that stadium again, and when the city Philadelphia burns to the ground I will be there to piss on the ashes. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see the devils moving down past 8th or 9th place in the draft even if we go 50 or 60% from here on out. add in the lottery and it will remain in that 5 to 7 range for our first pick.. I want to see them end with a nice run.. blackwood gets more experience and zacha more confidence. hopefully hughes finishes strong. were going to get a solid player in this draft anyway. yeah we need D, but I'll glady take a strong scoring winger!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I went to one game in Wells Fargo with a devils jersey In 2009ish. When the devils scored my friend and I would stand up, fist bump, and immediately sit down. We didn’t cheer or boo otherwise. We knew the reputation and didn’t want to make trouble.

in the second period an old woman said “devils suck!” and it was adorable, so I replied “look at the standings!”. She screamed “DO YOU SUCK YOUR DADS D!CK WITH THAT MOUTH LITTLE BOY?”. Shocking doesn’t begin to describe it. 

in the third period the devils took a pretty decent lead, so we stopped standing up or anything really. Let’s not poke the bear, right? Well security came up fifteen minutes later to escort us from the Building because multiple people reported us for “cursing out a grandma”. On our walk out she was making the “suck my d!ck” hand motion to loud cheers from the rest of the section. Even the ushers were laughing. Having had enough, I called her a geriatric cvnt. Oops. Two philly fans rushed at us and were pulled back by cops. We were told it was safest to take off our jerseys as we left the stadium and put them in a bag they gave us. Someone recognized my friend and shoved him into a wall. I called over the police who were guarding the exits and they suggested we take cabs back to his apartment (he lived a metro stop away). 

i will never step foot in that stadium again, and when the city Philadelphia burns to the ground I will be there to piss on the ashes. 

this whole tale... is incredible and I wish it wasn't true.

Also, fuq off draft position, keep winning Devils and change garbage culture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I went to one game in Wells Fargo with a devils jersey In 2009ish. When the devils scored my friend and I would stand up, fist bump, and immediately sit down. We didn’t cheer or boo otherwise. We knew the reputation and didn’t want to make trouble.

in the second period an old woman said “devils suck!” and it was adorable, so I replied “look at the standings!”. She screamed “DO YOU SUCK YOUR DADS D!CK WITH THAT MOUTH LITTLE BOY?”. Shocking doesn’t begin to describe it. 

in the third period the devils took a pretty decent lead, so we stopped standing up or anything really. Let’s not poke the bear, right? Well security came up fifteen minutes later to escort us from the Building because multiple people reported us for “cursing out a grandma”. On our walk out she was making the “suck my d!ck” hand motion to loud cheers from the rest of the section. Even the ushers were laughing. Having had enough, I called her a geriatric cvnt. Oops. Two philly fans rushed at us and were pulled back by cops. We were told it was safest to take off our jerseys as we left the stadium and put them in a bag they gave us. Someone recognized my friend and shoved him into a wall. I called over the police who were guarding the exits and they suggested we take cabs back to his apartment (he lived a metro stop away). 

i will never step foot in that stadium again, and when the city Philadelphia burns to the ground I will be there to piss on the ashes. 

Absolutely common experience for opposing fans in Philadelphia. Been going on for years. The Philadelphia fans are mental defectives and actually think they are entitled to act like animals. The overflow of that mentality is also prevalent with all of the youth hockey teams in and around the Flyers sphere both in NJ and PA. The parents,kids all the same. Sad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.