Jump to content
eaglejelly

GDT: DEVILS at FLYERS 7 p.m., MSG+ 2, NHL.TV

Recommended Posts

Philly has forever thought that the whole "Broad Street Bullies" crap extends to them.  Never understood that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MB3 said:

i will never step foot in that stadium again, and when the city Philadelphia burns to the ground I will be there to piss on the ashes. 

Someone needs “our” help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I went to one game in Wells Fargo with a devils jersey In 2009ish. When the devils scored my friend and I would stand up, fist bump, and immediately sit down. We didn’t cheer or boo otherwise. We knew the reputation and didn’t want to make trouble.

in the second period an old woman said “devils suck!” and it was adorable, so I replied “look at the standings!”. She screamed “DO YOU SUCK YOUR DADS D!CK WITH THAT MOUTH LITTLE BOY?”. Shocking doesn’t begin to describe it. 

in the third period the devils took a pretty decent lead, so we stopped standing up or anything really. Let’s not poke the bear, right? Well security came up fifteen minutes later to escort us from the Building because multiple people reported us for “cursing out a grandma”. On our walk out she was making the “suck my d!ck” hand motion to loud cheers from the rest of the section. Even the ushers were laughing. Having had enough, I called her a geriatric cvnt. Oops. Two philly fans rushed at us and were pulled back by cops. We were told it was safest to take off our jerseys as we left the stadium and put them in a bag they gave us. Someone recognized my friend and shoved him into a wall. I called over the police who were guarding the exits and they suggested we take cabs back to his apartment (he lived a metro stop away). 

i will never step foot in that stadium again, and when the city Philadelphia burns to the ground I will be there to piss on the ashes. 

Anyway when great democracy come to our land and people and law stayed on different side - in 90’s there were nothing really special be stabbed after games on opponents stadiums. One guy from our school was CSka fan and was stabbed on the street right after the game with spartak. 

one day me and my friend went home after school(I think that was 3rd or 5th grade), my friend has his team shirt, and right after the corner couple of guys two or three years older smashed our faces. No trash talk before, no bulling or even game day before. Shirt? Fist in your face. He had cska shirt.

oh that was a time. I really don’t care about sh!tty soccer, but I still hate spartak, and especially spartak fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I went to one game in Wells Fargo with a devils jersey In 2009ish. When the devils scored my friend and I would stand up, fist bump, and immediately sit down. We didn’t cheer or boo otherwise. We knew the reputation and didn’t want to make trouble.

in the second period an old woman said “devils suck!” and it was adorable, so I replied “look at the standings!”. She screamed “DO YOU SUCK YOUR DADS D!CK WITH THAT MOUTH LITTLE BOY?”. Shocking doesn’t begin to describe it. 

in the third period the devils took a pretty decent lead, so we stopped standing up or anything really. Let’s not poke the bear, right? Well security came up fifteen minutes later to escort us from the Building because multiple people reported us for “cursing out a grandma”. On our walk out she was making the “suck my d!ck” hand motion to loud cheers from the rest of the section. Even the ushers were laughing. Having had enough, I called her a geriatric cvnt. Oops. Two philly fans rushed at us and were pulled back by cops. We were told it was safest to take off our jerseys as we left the stadium and put them in a bag they gave us. Someone recognized my friend and shoved him into a wall. I called over the police who were guarding the exits and they suggested we take cabs back to his apartment (he lived a metro stop away). 

i will never step foot in that stadium again, and when the city Philadelphia burns to the ground I will be there to piss on the ashes. 

You never answered grandma's question... you're the rude one.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aylbert said:

You never answered grandma's question... you're the rude one.

Seriously dude, respect your elders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MB3 said:

I went to one game in Wells Fargo with a devils jersey In 2009ish. When the devils scored my friend and I would stand up, fist bump, and immediately sit down. We didn’t cheer or boo otherwise. We knew the reputation and didn’t want to make trouble.

in the second period an old woman said “devils suck!” and it was adorable, so I replied “look at the standings!”. She screamed “DO YOU SUCK YOUR DADS D!CK WITH THAT MOUTH LITTLE BOY?”. Shocking doesn’t begin to describe it. 

in the third period the devils took a pretty decent lead, so we stopped standing up or anything really. Let’s not poke the bear, right? Well security came up fifteen minutes later to escort us from the Building because multiple people reported us for “cursing out a grandma”. On our walk out she was making the “suck my d!ck” hand motion to loud cheers from the rest of the section. Even the ushers were laughing. Having had enough, I called her a geriatric cvnt. Oops. Two philly fans rushed at us and were pulled back by cops. We were told it was safest to take off our jerseys as we left the stadium and put them in a bag they gave us. Someone recognized my friend and shoved him into a wall. I called over the police who were guarding the exits and they suggested we take cabs back to his apartment (he lived a metro stop away). 

i will never step foot in that stadium again, and when the city Philadelphia burns to the ground I will be there to piss on the ashes. 

My favorite idiotic Flyers fans moment was actually at the Prudential Center. The Devils lost the game either 4-1 or 5-1 but as I’m walking out of the building I see two Flyers fans arguing and then wailing on each other. I understand after a loss with the opposing teams fans but after a road win with your own fans? That took the cake for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jagknife said:

As someone who has been stuck outside with a group freezing for A week, I can tell you the biggest complaint we had was snow drifts blow 😉

I get what you’re saying, I do, but there has been a lot of times lately you come off as dictating how people should feel and act.

Hell yeah some posts drive me insane, hell i’m sure if I went back and read my own I’d want to punch myself in the junk for being a chicken little, especially since this is a lost season and ANY successes they have is a positive for this group, but as we talked about a while ago when I pointed asked if you were a psychology major, people have to cope and vent different than the rest. Just do what some do to you and mute, might help ya a little.
—————————

IDK, fvck it, either way we won, Severson is just helping his case to stay with his recent play, or in my world boosting his trade value, along with Wood and Zacha.

Jack saw another win so at least that losing taste isn’t A constant this season. I’m absolutely over this “he needs to be protected” sh!t Hynes and now Nas are adamant about. Joey fvcking Anderson stood up for Jack when Sanheim roughed him up a little, it can be done by literally anyone on this team who has a shred of pride. I’d love to see him play more consistently with actual talent than Simmer and Wood.

May be coming off like that but i never told anyone directly what they are allowed to say or not and always say that's not what i mean.

Ironically i'm the one who's been told multiple times and straight up (no shades of grey) that i'm not allowed to comment or have an opinion on some stuff about the team and fanbase because im not local or go to games

so yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

May be coming off like that but i never told anyone directly what they are allowed to say or not and always say that's not what i mean.

Ironically i'm the one who's been told multiple times and straight up (no shades of grey) that i'm not allowed to comment or have an opinion on some stuff about the team and fanbase because im not local or go to games

so yeah

Just a point of order, when I said that a few posts back in this thread, that was sarcasm/ a call back to people saying that. I wasn't being serious. It's hard to tell if you get humor sometimes, no offense my man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re SD & commenters

This board is as much a therapy board as it is an informational/cheerleading/hockey analysis site. We all just share our support of the Devils, and the pleasure and pain it encompasses. Let's not grade each other, OK.

Edited by point
Auto correct
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Just a point of order, when I said that a few posts back in this thread, that was sarcasm/ a call back to people saying that. I wasn't being serious. It's hard to tell if you get humor sometimes, no offense my man. 

No i know you were joking lol the fact you mention it tho is supporting the point that some people indeed did that lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SterioDesign said:

No i know you were joking lol the fact you mention it tho is supporting the point that some people indeed did that lol

Just making sure. I only break balls because I love you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, point said:

Re SD & commenters

This board is as much a therapy board as it is an informational/cheerleading/hockey analysis site. We all just share our support of the Devils, and the pleasure and pain it encompasses. Let's not grade each other, OK.

Image result for Old man yells at cloud

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, point said:

Re SD & commenters

This board is as much a therapy board as it is an informational/cheerleading/hockey analysis site. We all just share our support of the Devils, and the pleasure and pain it encompasses. Let's not grade each other, OK.

that's a good point and i agree BUT how often ive read posters here comment about how this is the only place online they can tolerate to get their Devils fix... HF board is horrible... fb, twitter, instagram... all horrible...

This place has been slipping into the same category lately. Do we want that or we want to try to encourage people into keeping this place fun with a good mindset? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

that's a good point and i agree BUT how often ive read posters here comment about how this is the only place online they can tolerate to get their Devils fix... HF board is horrible... fb, twitter, instagram... all horrible...

This place has been slipping into the same category lately. Do we want that or we want to try to encourage people into keeping this place fun with a good mindset? 

 

Well Facebook is pretty popular...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well Facebook is pretty popular...

image.jpeg.3fc4a05d757123778d3f2785e643abb0.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve never been a member. 

Neither have I, but I know what it’s like there, and HF, Reddit, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

that's a good point and i agree BUT how often ive read posters here comment about how this is the only place online they can tolerate to get their Devils fix... HF board is horrible... fb, twitter, instagram... all horrible...

This place has been slipping into the same category lately. Do we want that or we want to try to encourage people into keeping this place fun with a good mindset? 

 

 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Well Facebook is pretty popular...

i did mention it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

 

 

i did mention it

Yes I got it. You asked if we want this place in the same category. There doesn’t seem to be a shortage of people who prefer other social media platforms, and they are all more populated than this site. 

Don't get me wrong, I don’t think that’s a good thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes I got it. You asked if we want this place in the same category. There doesn’t seem to be a shortage of people who prefer other social media platforms, and they are all more populated than this site. 

Don't get me wrong, I don’t think that’s a good thing. 

Well by category i meant a place that makes you want to stab your eyes with a toothbrush lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well by category i meant a place that makes you want to stab your eyes with a toothbrush lol

I do not want this site to make me want to stab my eyes with a toothbrush. I’ll stick to the on ice play making me want to do that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've  been getting my Devils  fix here since 2002, and appreciate all posters.  We are a big family. I don't see any reason to tell anyone to leave, even the real jerks. Let them realize it's not the place for them. I really like all you people!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, point said:

Well, I've  been getting my Devils  fix here since 2002, and appreciate all posters.  We are a big family. I don't see any reason to tell anyone to leave, even the real jerks. Let them realize it's not the place for them. I really like all you people!

I totally agree but it will never happen.  Love and miss you much point. 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd most shots against for a devils shutout, amazing 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.