Kings @ Devils - 7:00 PM EST - MSG+

eaglejelly

49 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The team is... Dare I even say it... It's fun to watch right now for the first time in ages.

Going to enjoy it while it lasts.

they actually had multiple stretches or games where they were really fun to watch this year. The thing is at the second we lose a game after it's like nothing happened and they were sh!t all along lol

If i was a betting man i'd simply bet against NJ every game... so at least if they lose then you get something out of it. 

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

they actually had multiple stretches or games where they were really fun to watch this year. The thing is at the second we lose a game after it's like nothing happened and they were sh!t all along lol

If i was a betting man i'd simply bet against NJ every game... so at least if they lose then you get something out of it. 

I think it’s the way they lose some of those games that gives people flashbacks to the bad days and it overshadows how good these guys can actually look. So they treat the wins as anomalies, rather than progress.

i want to post twice to drive the thread to a 5th page, just for your SD lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think it’s the way they lose some of those games that gives people flashbacks to the bad days and it overshadows how good these guys can actually look. So they treat the wins as anomalies, rather than progress.

i want to post twice to drive the thread to a 5th page, just for your SD lol

yeah for sure and i mean... everything is sooo much about your mindset and all. Cause everything you watch is filtered through that.

Take a shootout attempt for example... if say... Hughes go and pull a super smooth and effortless move and slides the puck between the pads and scores... he's a God cause he makes it look sooooo easy.... but say the goalie moves a millisecond earlier and can stop the puck...  then its like "What a fvcking lazy attempt it's like he didn't even try"... haha its true though, it's a game of inches and 

It's those kind of thought that i feel you (not you "you" but everyone personally) gotta battle a bit at times.

And i get what you're saying with the flashbacks and all but just like earlier this season when we'd blow a lead... well very very very often it was our goalies blowing the lead... shots will always come and we're still allowing shots late in game now even if we're winning.. but Blackwood is finally making those saves. So was it reaaaally the whole team blowing the leads or? 

• Like 1

It was the defense and the goalie. When the goalie stands on his head, nobody cares that the defense allowed 46 and 37 shots in the last two games and counted on Blackwood to bail them out. 

If we lost both, it would’ve been “Blackwood needs to make those saves”, but for some reason not “the defense needs to stop letting the goalie get shelled”. 

All a matter of perspective. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It was the defense and the goalie. When the goalie stands on his head, nobody cares that the defense allowed 46 and 37 shots in the last two games and counted on Blackwood to bail them out. 

If we lost both, it would’ve been “Blackwood needs to make those saves”, but for some reason not “the defense needs to stop letting the goalie get shelled”. 

All a matter of perspective. 

Absolutely true. 

The blame usually just goes straight to who's the current scapegoat though. Like earlier in the season against the Oilers... seconds left in the game, we're winning... our goalie can't make a stop and keep the puck, not knowing it's laying behind him.... McDavid push it in... then that was Hynes fault somehow. lol Goalie makes the save there and we win and it would have been fine

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Absolutely true. 

The blame usually just goes straight to who's the current scapegoat though. Like earlier in the season against the Oilers... seconds left in the game, we're winning... our goalie can't make a stop and keep the puck, not knowing it's laying behind him.... McDavid push it in... then that was Hynes fault somehow. lol Goalie makes the save there and we win and it would have been fine

Right, but that’s always the case. In that instance, yeah, it was on the goalie. When the other team gets a 3 on 0 and our defense has hangs the goalie out to dry, they score, and people say “come on he has to make the save there”, not so much. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, but that’s always the case. In that instance, yeah, it was on the goalie. When the other team gets a 3 on 0 and our defense has hangs the goalie out to dry, they score, and people say “come on he has to make the save there”, not so much. 

yeah for sure lol my god Schneider was brutal this season, it's unbelievable

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, I want to say it’s all related to his injuries, but maybe he did forget how to hockey lol. 

probaly but i think confidence and his mentality has a lot to do with it.

If you look at his career... he was always REALLY good when he didn't have much pressure... in the sense that luongo was in front of him or when the devils got him and couldnt score to save their lives... But at the second we could score and score a lot... he'd sh!t the bed... it's so weird, it's like he was amazing when the game didn't matter lol

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

probaly but i think confidence and his mentality has a lot to do with it.

If you look at his career... he was always REALLY good when he didn't have much pressure... in the sense that luongo was in front of him or when the devils got him and couldnt score to save their lives... But at the second we could score and score a lot... he'd sh!t the bed... it's so weird, it's like he was amazing when the game didn't matter lol

When could we score a lot?? I feel like we’ve been significantly below league average the entire time Cory has (had?) been here. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

When could we score a lot?? I feel like we’ve been significantly below league average the entire time Cory has (had?) been here. 

well score enough to win i should say i guess lol

How often we didnt score a single goal while cory was standing on his head? 

alcar49@hotmail.com

The last two games are the best the Devil's played all season, it's great seeing the whole team playing the full 60 minutes, maybe Vatanen and Hischter should stay out a little longer, like right after we lose a game,which could be a long time.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

well score enough to win i should say i guess lol

How often we didnt score a single goal while cory was standing on his head? 

Enough to win when he did that, sure. But I feel like we were well below 3.0 goals for most of that time, which is why I was confused lol. 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Next day and still appreciating Blake Coleman- May he never return to Texas and ever wear the red and black. 

#20 Heart & Soul for this team. I guess him getting married elevated his game?

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

He’s a fun story. I can’t remember another player blossoming this late other than maybe Tim Thomas. 

Our very own Rafalski and Madden, they were 26 when they made the NHL

Sergei Makarov won the calder in his 30s lol 

Giordano comes to mind too... Joel Ward.. Matt Moulson... 

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Our very own Rafalski and Madden, they were 26 when they made the NHL

Sergei Makarov won the calder in his 30s lol 

Giordano comes to mind too... Joel Ward.. Matt Moulson... 

How could I forget such a legend like Joel Ward?? LOL

But yeah, those are some other good examples. Although Rafalski was playing at a high level in Europe when we found him so I’m not sure it’s really the same thing. More like a Gusev just not getting a chance right away. 

Madden I forgot was that old when he came in, but I guess that makes sense with 4 years of college and some time in the AHL. 

Edited by Nicomo