2020 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Yeah it would be SO Mets for Diaz to blow this in memorable fashion.  He’s lucky there’s no real fans in the building.

16 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And here we go back on the Diaz horror ride 

I’m already done with him.  

Make small market moves, get small market results.  Porcello sucks.  Thank you Wilpons.  Thank you Brodie.

It definitely has the feel of a season that's just not...destined to happen. So many red flags going into it, and things just keep spiraling. Keep snowballing. I'm wondering if MLB will just be better off cancelling the season as soon as possible before a players gets REALLY really sick. They are playing with fire here

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, '7' said:

It definitely has the feel of a season that's just not...destined to happen. So many red flags going into it, and things just keep spiraling. Keep snowballing. I'm wondering if MLB will just be better off cancelling the season as soon as possible before a players gets REALLY really sick. They are playing with fire here

All sports should be cancelled. Period.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

All sports should be cancelled. Period.

I want to see what happens with the NBA and NHL first, there's been almost no new cases in both bubbles.  But there's no way any sports should be playing outside of a bubble and that means the NFL too.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 3

Well, as long as there’s baseball for the moment...happy for Pete.

And Dom.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

So Familia and Cano still suck.  Oh well...

Enjoy that GM gig while you got it Brodie.  You'll forever be remembered for bringing in the PED-ravaged corpse of Cano...who STILL has three years left after this one!  And you gave away a top prospect to do it...but it's pretty obvious that you couldn't give so much as the slightest fvck about prospects, because you can't throw them away fast enough!  

Give it 3-5 years, and we'll REALLY see the damage Brodie will have done to the Mets.  A great friend of mine actually thinks BVW's done a good job (based on results from last year, which really had far more to do with players who were already here than it did with anyone Brodie brought in).  I don't know how anyone can defend BVW's (well, BVW with Jeffy interfering constantly I'm sure, to be fair) body of work here.  

13 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So Familia and Cano still suck.  Oh well...

Enjoy that GM gig while you got it Brodie.  You'll forever be remembered for bringing in the PED-ravaged corpse of Cano...who STILL has three years left after this one!  And you gave away a top prospect to do it...but it's pretty obvious that you couldn't give so much as the slightest fvck about prospects, because you can't throw them away fast enough!  

Give it 3-5 years, and we'll REALLY see the damage Brodie will have done to the Mets.  A great friend of mine actually thinks BVW's done a good job (based on results from last year, which really had far more to do with players who were already here than it did with anyone Brodie brought in).  I don't know how anyone can defend BVW's (well, BVW with Jeffy interfering constantly I'm sure, to be fair) body of work here.  

Curious to see how long Rojas sticks with Cano. It's still early (and who knows how long this season will last anyway) but you had Callaway in awe of Robby far too long last year. Pretty much in love with the legend that WAS Cano not the player that is (with pressure from Brodie I'm sure). If Cano doesn't start hitting soon I don't want to see him anymore. 

Edited by '7'

At least Rojas is batting Cano down in the lineup.  That’s something.

God was Callaway just awful.  Much worse than his actual record.

Pretty good debut for Peterson.  Looks like a back of the rotation type for sure if he pans out (looks like he's going to give up a lot of hits), but I can definitely live with that.

Conforto looks like he’s already going into one of his invisible stretches.

Wasn't so long ago that Jonathan Lucroy seemed like a good guy to try to get for the Mets...had a nice career with the Brewers (.284/.342/.436 slash), and one of his best seasons in 2016.  But he turned out to be one of those catchers whose offense dropped off considerably once he reached his 30s.  Over his last three seasons (Age 31, 32, and 33) he's played for five teams and slashed just .248/.315/.350.  He was just released from the Red Sox (his 6th team since the start of the 2017 season)...which means the Mets will probably take a gander (j/k as they already just recently brought in another catcher, but you never know with the Mets and "scrap heap" players).