2020 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, '7' said:

8-2 in the middle innings in Atlanta? Seems like a game we blow 100% of the time

Well on their way.

Anytime you wanna go get Betances Rojas...guy doesn’t have it tonight and Lugo is warmed up...what are you waiting for?!

Yep.

Same ol Mets.  Bye bye Brodie (in due time).

Feel for you Jake.  Demand a trade.  You deserve so much better.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah this is definitely gonna be a sweep

This team is already toast.  

Time for Conforto and Cespedes to strike out.

Well I was half-right.  fvck off Yo-anus.  Guy would so much rather be on his ranch.

Same ol sh!t.  Never changes.  What’s sad is this wasn’t even remotely shocking.  ‘7’ called this one, and what’s even sadder is I was thinking “Yeah, probably” as I read that post.

When Jeffy and Brodie are gone, there will be hope.  Not until then though.

I’ve gotten this far in 2020 without baseball, so it won’t be hard to go back to not having it.  Oh I’ll still watch and follow, but no reason to invest myself too much into this loser franchise.  Hopefully Cohen can get this done, and then we’ll see if he can de-Wilponize this fvcking mess.

A bunch more positive tests from the Cardinals, now their game with the Brewers is canceled and they'll probably have to go on the shelf for a week with Manfred threatening to cancel the season by Monday.  Guess the Mets at least managed to pack a 60 games' worth of angst into a week.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Haha 1

Mets season is over anyway.  Down 5-0 tonight.

Not too early to start trimming the fat.  I’d just cut Cespedes.  Get him out of here.  Not like he wants to be here anyway.  Mets already paid him to do next to nothing the past couple of years...what’s one more abbreviated season?

And no matter who the new owner is, first order of business when that happens is to fire the GM.  BVW needs to go.  

Hey, Cano...try hitting (or making contact) with runners on.  A high BA doesn’t mean much when you’re stranding guys left and right.

Yoenis...yikes.  

21 minutes ago, '7' said:

I'm just...I'm done. I cannot even put into words. Of course I fear for his life here but...this is another level of lolmets

The unfortunate thing is rep plays into perception.  If it was literally just about anyone else I'd be having nightmare thoughts but since it's Ces and he's already had one off-field 'incident' that caused a slashing of his contract...

It may well be something darker than just Yoenis being Yoenis.  In which case fvck 2020 even more.  But if it's not something that's really dark where he - or all his associates - cannot even physically contact the team, then he can sod off. 

Edited by NJDevs4978

12 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The unfortunate thing is rep plays into perception.  If it was literally just about anyone else I'd be having nightmare thoughts but since it's Ces and he's already had one off-field 'incident' that caused a slashing of his contract...

It may well be something darker than just Yoenis being Yoenis.  In which case fvck 2020 even more.  But if it's not something that's really dark where he - or all his associates - cannot even physically contact the team, then he can sod off. 

Yeah basically due to his rep, I see the most likely outcome being that Cespedes turns out to be OK, but the Mets decide to move on from him immediately, with the team and player settling on some “Please go away” severance payment, and Cespedes heading back to the ranch he never wanted to leave.

Hopefully it’s NOT something darker.

Anyway who knows how an already fragile team is reacting to this.  They’re probably collectively stressed/messed up about this.

The game itself is over and it was over from the moment Ozuna hit that HR off Diaz. The Braves are in their heads and the Mets just dont have the guts or willpower to do anything at this point. That HR ended the Mets. Its effects are still lingering for whatever this 2020 season is

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Just now, '7' said:

The game itself is over and it was over from the moment Ozuna hit that HR off Diaz. The Braves are in their heads and the Mets just dont have the guts or willpower to do anything at this point

I’m convinced there’s absolutely ZERO hope until the team is sold.  The change has to come at the very top, and continue to trickle down from there.  It just sucks that in the interim, Jeffy and his assistant BVW are still in the position to do plenty more damage before they’re both booted out of the organization.

Now the Mets are claiming they have no reason to fear for Ces's safety but still nothing definitive, lol.  Either you know where he is or you don't.

Rumor is he's opting out and this whole 'missing' thing is some combination of management being petty and him just not telling the higher ups.

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Now the Mets are claiming they have no reason to fear for Ces's safety but still nothing definitive, lol.  Either you know where he is or you don't.

Rumor is he's opting out and this whole 'missing' thing is some combination of management being petty and him just not telling the higher ups.

Guess you read Marc Carig’s take.  Wouldn’t surprise me if his turns out to be the most accurate.

But of course the Mets look very bad here, because they can’t ever find any other way to look, no matter what the situation.