2020 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

There is a video circulating now about Brodie talking about Rob Manfred approaching the Mets asking them to engage in a stunt where they take the field at 7:10...then walk off...then walk back on at 8:10 and play.

Just now, '7' said:

There is a video circulating now about Brodie talking about Rob Manfred approaching the Mets asking them to engage in a stunt where they take the field at 7:10...then walk off...then walk back on at 8:10 and play.

I would say EVEN WITH THIS the Mets can't manage to avoid contreversy but it seems like the issue is with our wonderful commissioner (and perhaps Jeffy) which also isn't a surprise.  I can't hear this sh!t though, someone needs to transcribe.

LOL so Brodie's gonna walk the plank to protect that POS Manfred...typical given how Selig AND Manfred have both bent over backwards for Jeffy and Fred.  I don't love Brodie either but this whole thing is ridiculous.  That's what worries me about this owner sale too, that we'll get the guy we don't want just to placate Veruca Salt Jeffy.

And Carig rightly eviscerates the Mets for their role in this sh!t too

Edited by NJDevs4978

Veruca Salt...damn Has that is pretty damned funny.  God I can’t wait for the Wilpons to be out of our baseball lives...

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

For all the crap the Mets organization puts itself through, they don’t deserve to have guys like Dom Smith. But he deserved that moment and big HR.

What a (shortened) season he’s had to date.  On a lot of levels.

An actual doubleheader sweep, complete with two comeback wins no less.  Damn.

And seven straight losses for the Yankees?!  I know that they’re beat up (gotta start wondering if Judge is ever going to be able to consistently stay on the field), but hard to believe that they’re now just 16-13.  Started off so well.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

An actual doubleheader sweep, complete with two comeback wins no less.  Damn.

And seven straight losses for the Yankees?!  I know that they’re beat up (gotta start wondering if Judge is ever going to be able to consistently stay on the field), but hard to believe that they’re now just 16-13.  Started off so well.

Until last night it was mostly Tampa that was beating them.  But yeah Judge, Stanton, DJ, Torres and Urshela all being on the shelf at the same time has taken a bite out of their offense and they could have used Britton in the first game when Green was getting smashed all over the place.

Listening to the Gary Cohen call on the Rosaio HR was hilarious, you could tell by the slight hesitation he caught himself trying to remember it was actually the end of a 7-inning game (and/or the Mets being the 'home' team in Yankee Stadium).  Rosario gives the Mets the...WIN!

Edited by NJDevs4978

God I hope the Wilpons don’t fvck up Cohen 2.0...

And on a side note...yeah, I didn’t want  any part of ARod and JLo owning the team...they always struck me as being in way over their heads, even if they had managed to boost their finances through added investors.

But let’s face it, neither comes off as particularly likable...not that owners of pro sports franchises are somehow all warm and fuzzy and swell people, but I just never got any good feelings about them...they’re both known for being self-absorbed divas.  JLo did little to dispel that image...on a day where Chadwick Boseman died of colon cancer (he portrayed Jackie Robinson in 42) and the world we’re living in is a bit of a mess right now, no one wants to hear a tone-deaf statement from some uber-wealthy marginally talented “artist” about how disappointed she is that she couldn’t become the first minority owner in MLB, and that she couldn’t buy the team that her dad rooted for.  Wow, such problems!

Most of the responses on her Twitter acct rightly shredded her for being so damned me me me...lots of “read the room Jen” type posts.  Those two just rub me the wrong way.  Glad they’re out.

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And for the best news of all (assuming this one goes off without a hitch)

Please please PLEAAASSSEEE. Until all the i's are dotted and t's crossed I'm just waiting for last second Wilpon shenanigans to derail this. It's not above them...

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Until last night it was mostly Tampa that was beating them.  But yeah Judge, Stanton, DJ, Torres and Urshela all being on the shelf at the same time has taken a bite out of their offense and they could have used Britton in the first game when Green was getting smashed all over the place.

Listening to the Gary Cohen call on the Rosaio HR was hilarious, you could tell by the slight hesitation he caught himself trying to remember it was actually the end of a 7-inning game (and/or the Mets being the 'home' team in Yankee Stadium).  Rosario gives the Mets the...WIN!

That ball off the bat is a double off the wall. I hate to bring up the juiced ball nonsense all the time but watching that thing explode off his  bat and get out of the part in a hurry on a line like it was clubbed by prime Stanton...just have to roll my eyes and chuckle. But awesome to see them, get a sweep. Took advantage of a battered and reeling Yankee team

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And on a side note...yeah, I didn’t want  any part of ARod and JLo owning the team...they always struck me as being in way over their heads, even if they had managed to boost their finances through added investors.

But let’s face it, neither comes off as particularly likable...not that owners of pro sports franchises are somehow all warm and fuzzy and swell people, but I just never got any good feelings about them...they’re both known for being self-absorbed divas.  JLo did little to dispel that image...on a day where Chadwick Boseman died of colon cancer (he portrayed Jackie Robinson in 42) and the world we’re living in is a bit of a mess right now, no one wants to hear a tone-deaf statement from some uber-wealthy marginally talented “artist” about how disappointed she is that she couldn’t become the first minority owner in MLB, and that she couldn’t buy the team that her dad rooted for.  Wow, such problems!

Most of the responses on her Twitter acct rightly shredded her for being so damned me me me...lots of “read the room Jen” type posts.  Those two just rub me the wrong way.  Glad they’re out.

Allegedly one of the last straws MLB had vis-a-vis A-Rod is when he consulted with Luhnow lol, maybe that's why there was a resolution last night as opposed to Monday when the bids were supposed to have been made.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Another funny snippet in that article is that Veruca Jeffy was pretty much told to shut up behind the scenes, so that the adults in the room could try to complete the sale to the highest bidder.  fvck you Jeffy...fvck you!

I almost wish we could throw tomatoes and eggs at the Wilpons as they depart, heh heh.  They’ve fvcking EARNED that!

Felt this disaster coming. Rojas and Diaz both need to be gone. immediately

Rojas is Callaway stupid. Why do the Mets have such stupid morons as managers. It's somehow all gone downhill after Collins!

Edited by '7'