GDT: Devils at Hurricanes - Friday 14 Feb @ 7p Eastern

jagknife

Jag’s GDT record: Still didn’t calculate it. I’ll try to in a couple hours when I get to where I’m driving. Sorry. Been lazy on here.

Fresh off the sloppy but fun-3rd-period win last night, we roll into Carolina. 

Much to some people’s disappointment, we’re probably getting Louie the Meh in net tonight.

I’m begging you Devils, win so we don’t have to see that stupid storm surge. It was funny last year, then was whatever, then they said “nah that was last year’s thing” only to turn around and keep doing it. I mean it’s really for their fans, I get it, and I’m sure it’s fun for them too, but man it should be massive bulletin board material for EVERYONE.

Also nailed another bet at work with the win last night. Only have lost one of those this season. Who doesn’t love free beer???

• Like 1

Mac is now 10-4-4 in his last 20 GP (includes two relief appearances) with a 2.41 GAA and a .926 save%.  Obviously his last three games have raised those sample numbers, but this started with a .945 save% over the first seven games of this run.  Hopefully he can become more consistent, but at least there's reasons to hope when it comes to what we've seen so far.  

It's going to make Cinco Domingo's starts a little harder to get up for, but that is what it is.  Just gotta deal and hope he has the occasional surprise big game in him.  Starting tonight.

LGMFD!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Mac is now 10-4-4 in his last 20 GP (includes two relief appearances) with a 2.41 GAA and a .926 save%.  Obviously his last three games have raised those sample numbers, but this started with a .945 save% over the first seven games of this run.  Hopefully he can become more consistent, but at least there's reasons to hope when it comes to what we've seen so far.  

It's going to make Cinco Domingo's starts a little harder to get up for, but that is what it is.  Just gotta deal and hope he has the occasional surprise big game in him.  Starting tonight.

LGMFD!

Huh?  How has he not been consistent?  10-4-4 isn't consistent?  I feel like he's been one of the only consistent things about this team this entire season.  The defense has been pretty bad as a whole, the offense has come in spurts, the team has blown late and large leads....but when Blackwood's been in net, he's been pretty damn reliable night in and night out.

19 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Huh?  How has he not been consistent?  10-4-4 isn't consistent?  I feel like he's been one of the only consistent things about this team this entire season.  The defense has been pretty bad as a whole, the offense has come in spurts, the team has blown late and large leads....but when Blackwood's been in net, he's been pretty damn reliable night in and night out.

If you look at that whole middle section of that run I'm talking about...the middle part was a little rough.  And he was under .900 over the first 20 GP of this season.  

To be 100% clear, I am VERY happy with what I've seen from him so far.  I am EXTREMELY optimistic.  It would be beyond awesome to have a kid from within develop into a solid #1.  I would love for it to be Blackwood.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

LGMFD!

I really want this to become a thing lol. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Me too.  For some reason I picture a Latino version of Dirk Diggler every time I type it.  

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Now I’ll see the exploding neon sign every time. Which, obviously, only makes it better. 

And that's actually the FIRST thing I see.  Complete with the background music and firecracker explosion sound effects.  

You need to make a meme of that sign with "CINCO DOMINGO" immediately.  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

LGMFD!

he is 91.7% from 1st november. I think it`s enough to be a regular starter. Bad we have some back to back games. And Lou.

LGD!

Edited by Guadana

45 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And that's actually the FIRST thing I see.  Complete with the background music and firecracker explosion sound effects.  

You need to make a meme of that sign with "CINCO DOMINGO" immediately.  

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Why Cinco though? What am I missing?

6 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Why Cinco though? What am I missing?

Actually, mfitz started with "Cinco" as a nickname for Louis Domingue, as in the number of goals you can expect Domingue to give up a lot of nights.  Then I thought of "Cinco Domingo"...just kinda rolls off the tongue.  And yeah, does sound like Cinco de Mayo.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

49535160802_41d708f712_b.jpg

See the source imageHeh heh not bad...not bad at all!

@ErikaWachter: Happy Valentine’s Day!! [emoji7]
Make it a date with me - 6:30PM on the pregame on MSG+. [emoji177]

Hear from Nick Merkley, who makes his Devils Debut tonight...

Plus, the debut of the Mackenzie Blackwood menu at the Rock...

& What candy the guys love most on Love Day! [emoji180] https://t.co/Jq2lSjIVfy