Coleman to the Bolts

jagknife

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Some guy behind me bitching incessantly about this deal.  As in won’t shut the fvck up about it.  

Anyone who doesn’t like that deal doesn’t understand hockey in the slightest. 

Please turn around and hold up your phone so he can read this lol. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Devs3cups said:

So basically, if the Nucks make the playoffs, we get the pick. If not, the pick transfers to next season, correct?

I think that’s what they said. And I’m ok with that if it happens, you still got a recent 1st round pick and an additional 1st for a guy who is going to sign in Dallas after next season. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that’s what they said. And I’m ok with that if it happens, you still got a recent 1st round pick and an additional 1st for a guy who is going to sign in Dallas after next season. 

Exactly. In all cases we're getting minimum 4 1st round picks in the next two years (Our 2020 pick, 2021 pick, ARZ pick and VAN pick, unless there's a trade). I'll take that any day.

Edited by Devs3cups

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone who doesn’t like that deal doesn’t understand hockey in the slightest. 

Please turn around and hold up your phone so he can read this lol. 

I should...now I can see what Ottawa Rob looks like...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

This one stings a little because of the way Coleman played the game. Time will tell down the road like all trades. 

Fitz doesn't get the job yet to me because he needs to flush every coach behind the bench and Melanson. Then let's see who he brings in before making him the GM. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I hope Blake kills it in the playoffs...bolts needed his heart... best of luck brother... lucky stuff!  Solid move for devs too..  love that it's the Canucks pick.. otherwise it's essential a 2nd rounder..

Coleman will fit like a glove on that team. He’ll beast with Stamkos.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I hope Blake kills it in the playoffs...bolts needed his heart... best of luck brother... lucky stuff!  Solid move for devs too..  love that it's the Canucks pick.. otherwise it's essential a 2nd rounder..

Vancouver is 6 points up for a playoff spot so that’s a plus.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

You guys value draft picks way too high here. Coleman seems like a perennial twenty goal guy with heart who actually seems to give a damn night and night out. You don't trade guys like that unless you get one back who's the same.

Why would you trade someone for the exact same thing? Foote is 19 and could have many 20 goal seasons 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

You guys value draft picks way too high here. Coleman seems like a perennial twenty goal guy with heart who actually seems to give a damn night in and night out. You don't trade guys like that unless you get one back who's the same.

He had 20 this year, he may have 20 next year, and then he was going to leave in free agency. Why not trade him while he has the extra year at $1.8m? That’s why you got the extra asset for him. You probably get one or the other and maybe neither if he was a rental on an expiring contract. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

You guys value draft picks way too high here. Coleman seems like a perennial twenty goal guy with heart who actually seems to give a damn night in and night out. You don't trade guys like that unless you get one back who's the same.

Except having Coleman scoring 20 goals a season on an average team won't make us a contender. And we'll likely waste a few of his prime years. I LOVED his work ethic but we need to understand that our future success has to go through Nico and Jack. Surrounding them with young talent is the only way. We won't sign many top free agents in the future so we have to build through the draft. This is truly the only way.

• Like 3