Coleman to the Bolts

jagknife

14 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Everyone outside of the Devils bubble's reaction to the Coleman trade was:

1) Who the hell is Coleman?

2) Why did Tampa give up that much for him?!

I am not pinning anything on Ray, just stating a fact.  I also don't dislike Ray at all, but I don't think he is nearly as infallible as you constantly try to make him be.  At the very least I don't take non-stop shots on Ray like you do with Lou through the past 5+ years.

Doesn't change anything to the fact that trading for a good player with an extra year left on a good contract will get you more than a few months of another player even if he's a superstar. So the fact that you put the blame on Ray for not getting more for a few months of Hall using this trade makes no sense

Edited by SterioDesign

17 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Nolan Foote is someone I had pegged as a high 2nd Rounder last year, and my main knock on him was his skating ability. He has gotten quicker, and while he's never going to be a burner on the rush, his skating ability has come a long way and I'm happy with his ability to get up in the play and play in transition. His best asset is his shot, which is pretty lethal; his accuracy is quite good but the real key to his shot is how much power he can get behind it, he's a very heavy shooter which allows him to score from distance in addition to being able to use his size to play the net front. He brings a lot of size up front at 6'4", 200 lbs, and his hands are quite good for a player his size and he can make plays in tight. The mixture of his size and hands makes him a great net front player on the powerplay, as he can park himself in front to take the goalie's eyes away but can also make moves in tight with the puck to open up the goaltender rather than just shooting it into his pads, some of his net front ability reminds me of prime Simmonds or JVR.

I don't think Nolan is ever going to be a bonafide top line forward, but I also don't think a 2nd line forward with PP1 upside is an unrealistic outlook for him. He's a premium asset and may be a little closer to a 1st Rounder in hindsight should I retroactively look back on my rankings from last year, I'd say he's moved up a little. Fitzgerald did very well here, as much as it sucks losing Blake.

Thanks! 

We seem to have a lot of "pass first" guys on the team at the moment in Nico, Hughes, Bratt and Zacha. Outside Palms we don't have to many guys firing off the puck on a regular basis (Coleman was leading shots by a country mile).

So having someone willing to actually shoot the puck will complement those guys nicely. 

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Doesn't change anything to the fact that trading for a good player with an extra year left on a good contract will get you more than a few months of another player even if he's a superstar. So the fact that you put the blame on Ray for not getting more for a few months of Hall using this trade makes no sense

K.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I forgot that when it comes to Ray's tenure it is often pick and choose.

Just like how he is completely innocent of the Zacha pick but he gets 100% of the credit for the Palmieri trade during the same draft.

Got it.

Yeah it’s pick and choose based on logic. If you don’t get that and choose to be ignorant then that’s your call but no one in their right mind would blame Ray for Zacha. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

He plays for Canada?   He was born in Colorado

His dad is Adam Foote, who is Canadian. He must have both citizenships, cause he does play for Canada. Must be a case like Alex Galchenyuk, who had both American and Russian citizenships. He played for the USA internationally. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Another 48 Hours might be the rare sequel that's better than the original.

An honorable mention is The Distinguished Gentleman.

Beverly Hills Cop 2 is better than BHC1 (not by much because both are superb).

And I agree that Another 48 hours is better than the first one.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Only saw the first few minutes of it before turning it off.  I can't imagine it being worse than Norbit.

It’s one of his best movies. Hilarious. If you shut it off after only a few minutes, you did yourself a disservice. It also has a great cast in addition to Murphy- Red Foxx, Ruby Dee, and Danny Aiello to name a few.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Yeah it’s pick and choose based on logic. If you don’t get that and choose to be ignorant then that’s your call but no one in their right mind would blame Ray for Zacha. 

Well you COULD, he made the pick albeit having to use Conte's board.  But yes he gets 100% of the credit for trading for Palm, that had nothing to do with Lou or Conte's board.

The bigger question is how much credit you give Shero for say, Blackwood and the other picks that draft.  Since again they had to use Conte's board but clearly they were picking small, speed guys that fit Shero's vision more than Conte's, plus using a high two on a goalie right after Lou signed Cory to a long-term extension.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

FIrst of all, possibly Godfather II

Anyway.............you're nuts if you think Another 48 Hours is better than than CLASSIC original

The "Iceman", just stop.   

48 Hrs is an all timer

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

And I agree that Another 48 hours is better than the first one.

INSANITY

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

There's still quite a bit... off the top of my head... Terminator 2, The Godfather Part 2, Evil Dead 2, Critters 2, Empire Strikes Back, Dead Snow 2, The Dark Knight, The Good the Bad The Ugly, Bride of Frankenstein, Dawn of the Dead... there's days where i may say Aliens is better than Alien but it's soooo damn close

apparently Star Trek the Wrath of Kahn is better than the original (the best ST movie apparently) but i always refused to watch any so i cannot confirm lol

Edited by SterioDesign

32 minutes ago, moustic said:

I hate so much Adam Foote... Now we just have to draft or trade for a son of Dan Hinote and the nightmare will be complete : ) 

My nightmare would be trading for Domi Jr, and drafting a demon spawn of Sean Avery. Imagine an Avery - Domi - Foote, line...lol

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

There's still quite a bit... off the top of my head... Terminator 2, The Godfather Part 2, Evil Dead 2, Critters 2, Empire Strikes Back, Dead Snow 2, The Dark Knight, The Good the Bad The Ugly, Bride of Frankenstein, Dawn of the Dead... there's days where i may say Aliens is better than Alien but it's soooo damn close

apparently Star Trek the Wrath of Kahn is better than the original (the best ST movie apparently) but i always refused to watch any so i cannot confirm lol

I’m in the minority of people that don’t think Godfather 2 is better than the original. Maybe just as good, but not better. Both are masterpieces, but I slightly prefer the first one. Despite De Niro being my favorite actor of all time. I think the first one is just an absolutely perfect film. Michael’s arc is one of the best in the history of cinema. Absolutely love the young Vito parts of 2, but some of the Cuba scenes do drag just a bit, imo. Whereas 1 is just perfectly paced and completely flawless (other than Sonny punching air lol). 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

FIrst of all, possibly Godfather II

Anyway.............you're nuts if you think Another 48 Hours is better than than CLASSIC original

The "Iceman", just stop.   

48 Hrs is an all timer

INSANITY

Hey man, don't mess with the Brotherhood.... now that I think about it, they might have earned the B, no?

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

you forgot Caddyshack 2

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

My nightmare would be trading for Domi Jr, and drafting a demon spawn of Sean Avery. Imagine an Avery - Domi - Foote, line...lol

Kovy`s comeback. And i deffently can`t think about roy`s kids in our system. And... Roy as a coach. Oh my God it doesn`t sound like a thing that can`t be. I realized my deepest fear right in this moment.