Coleman to the Bolts

jagknife

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m more annoyed by the people who insist it was a coaching issue, like they were told to only take sh!tty shots from outside the slot, not that the Blues just absolutely sh!t them down. 

Getting shutout happens, but what about giving up nearly 40 shots two nights after giving up 55? Isn’t Nas a defensive minded coach? 

Yes, some of it is the players (no Vats, no Greene), but ffs...

don't even want to think about what's left if they move Vats.  Seriously and all kidding aside there isn't one guy I would like left back there. That's not something they're going to be able to turn around quickly either.  Soooooooo many holes in this roster after all these years of futility is really hard to be optimistic.

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Getting shutout happens, but what about giving up nearly 40 shots two nights after giving up 55? Isn’t Nas a defensive minded coach? 

Yes, some of it is the players (no Vats, no Greene), but ffs...

I can guarantee no NHL coach’s concept is to let the other team take as many shots as possible and let the goalie bail you out lol. 

Our defense is sh!t, and without Vatanen and Greene, it’s diarrhea. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I can guarantee no NHL coach’s concept is to let the other team take as many shots as possible and let the goalie bail you out lol. 

Our defense is sh!t, and without Vatanen and Greene, it’s diarrhea. 

Well ofc not, but his job as coach is to address such things. They are obviously not going to look like the early 00’s Devils, but they also shouldn’t be giving up almost 100 shots in two games. Regardless of who is playing. It’s inexcusable. 

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well ofc not, but his job as coach is to address such things. They are obviously not going to look like the early 00’s Devils, but they also shouldn’t be giving up almost 100 shots in two games. Regardless of who is playing. It’s inexcusable. 

Right. But my point is, there’s no possible way it wasn’t addressed. It just wasn’t executed. 

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right. But my point is, there’s no possible way it wasn’t addressed. It just wasn’t executed. 

A coach is also responsible for effectively training execution. The blame can go all the way around to everyone in this organization.

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s assuming he’s actually effective at addressing the problem, and implementing the right changes. I’m sure it’s a bit of both (bad players and poor coaching). 

And it’s been going on even before Greene left. Blackwood had a 46 save shutout a couple weeks ago. 

Whatever they’re doing, it ain’t working...

1 hour ago, nessus said:

Does anyone know if Dhaliwal is legit? It would be insane of Vancouver to do that.

I mean he works for TSN Radio in Vancouver, he must have connections or something. TSN dudes are usually legit in some sort, don't think TSN would accept them just spewing fake stuff.

3 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I'd definitely take Woo and Baertschi for Simmonds. Hell, I'd definitely take Juolevi (who Vancouver fans seem to be souring on for some reason). Seems like a steal for us.

Friedman mentioned Juolevi tonight as a possibility in a deal for Simmonds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

I'd definitely take Woo and Baertschi for Simmonds. Hell, I'd definitely take Juolevi (who Vancouver fans seem to be souring on for some reason). Seems like a steal for us.

For him injuries has been a problem so far so thats why. But i mean... for Simmonds it's a good gamble i feel

pretty easy to find articles describing what he went through so far

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

For him injuries has been a problem so far so thats why. But i mean... for Simmonds it's a good gamble i feel

pretty easy to find articles describing what he went through so far

Yup definitely, injuries are a problem with him. But he's on pace for a 42 point season as a 21 yo defenseman in the AHL, which is pretty darn solid. I'd definitely take a gamble with him. Maybe he needs a change of scenery and a good opportunity to play consistently in the big league? He'd definitely get that here. Defensemen take longer to develop so I wouldn't be worried about acquiring him.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Brotherhood was the motorcycle gang in Another 48 Hours

Oh..........I literally just watched 48 Hrs the other night.   Such a classic.  And during it I see Kehoe during it and I started chuckling because how dumb that one was. 

To each their own