GDT: Devils @ Blues 8PM

Nicomo

Blues have lost 5 in a row so who knows...

Hopefully the Devils can build off that nice comeback win against CBJ. Would love to see Jack get one tonight. Feels like he’s really been coming on lately. 

I assume we’ll see Dom after that workload Mac just had. 

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Blues have lost 5 in a row so who knows...

Hopefully the Devils can build off that nice comeback win against CBJ. Would love to see Jack get one tonight. Feels like he’s really been coming on lately. 

I assume we’ll see Dom after that workload Mac just had. 

Come on ; ) 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Happy Cinco Domingo, everyone. 

LGD

As The Offspring would say:

UNO DOS TRES

QUATRO CINCO CINCO...

DOMINGO!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I really hope it's not Domingue tonight.  I know Blackwood had a lot of work on Sunday, but he's had a whole day off and it's been almost 48 hours.  He can handle it, and he deserves it.  

Let's Go Devils. 

55 shots against in regulation and OT plus 7 rounds in the shootout...

I’ll be shocked if it’s Mac. He can play Thursday. 

Edited by Nicomo

10 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Let's see how many players we can trade before this game starts. 

My bet is 3. 

Also why is Bratt always sitting games? Is he incapable of being coached whilst he is on the ice? 

Bratt to me is exactly the same player he was when he enter the league two seasons ago. He's only 21 but in his third full season and nothing has changed imo.  Does he deserved to be scratched? I don't think he's above it if they feel he's still a part of the future and needs to be sent a message. I was hoping to see Bratt take a step forward this season but haven't seen it yet.

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

It's straight from the John Hynes , throw sh!t at a wall see what sticks playbook. 

I would say that I don't see the harm at this juncture but we want Hughes to be one of our two star centers so....def should not be a regular thing. Maybe they want to see if Nico can help Jack get some points?

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I would say that I don't see the harm at this juncture but we want Hughes to be one of our two star centers so....def should not be a regular thing. Maybe they want to see if Nico can help Jack get some points?

Yeah I'm not really dead set against Hughes - Hischier - Palms at this point, as a short-term "why not?"  At least Jack will be playing with a couple of players who can actually convert the chances that he creates.  Poor guy's been saddled with Simmonds and Wood a hell of a lot.  If it's a complete disaster, just pull the plug on it after a game or two.  

Doesn't mean that I want to see Nas stick around once the season's over though.  When the season ends, so should his head coaching career.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, devlman said:

Will be cool to see Nico on the wing and Hughes have talent surrounding him on both wings. Worth a look.

Hughes is on the wing...Nico at C.  But yeah, I'm OK with this experiment for now.  For Hughes, he'll never say it, but he must be thrilled to play with more talented personnel (even if he's out of position). 

Nas basically said he was doing this to see how Jack would handle playing with two really good players.  Considering Hughes has had plenty of experience playing with two not-good players...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Wait, that's a joke right?  Hayden's in over Bratt because his dad is there?  I don't know what to take seriously anymore, but please tell me that's not true.

As far as lines go, I'm not thrilled about Hischier - Hughes - Palmieri, but I get that it might be worth trying since the remaining games left this season are essentially about experimentation.  What I actually thought about was possibly Gusev - Hischier - Palmieri.  I mean, that line has everything.  A shifty playmaker in Gusev who can score goals when needed, a two-way playmaking center who is responsible defensively, and a gifted scorer with an accurate shot.  Frankly though, I think that leaves our remaining lines a little unbalanced, so I still might prefer to go with something like this:

Bratt (if he plays) - Hischier - Palmieri 

Gusev - Hughes - Simmonds

Wood - Zajac - Anderson

Rooney - Zacha - Merkley

Those combinations actually have everyone, except for Rooney, playing their "natural" positions, which is almost unheard of.  Not to say that I always try to set it up that way, but some people really believe in that stuff, and it hardly ever works out that way (hell, very few teams actually have 4 LW, 4 C, and 4 RW to begin with). 

Part of me wants to put Zacha on the wing on the third line so he gets more minutes and has better linemates, and then let him play Center on the PK, but it probably doesn't make much of a difference. 

Pretty sure our record has been horrible against the Blues for quite some time now. Probably gonna lose either way so might as well celebrate Cinco Domingo again 

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

DBA 2.0 pulled Bratt cause Hayden’s dad is on the trip and Bratt’s isn’t?

That is so on par with this coaching staff...

Did someone actually say that's the reason? Lol