Jump to content

NFL 2020 - Off-season, Rumors, Draft etc


'7'
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tua with a very non-descript first start, as the game plan was to clearly insulate him and let the defense eat. Which is exactly what happened. This afternoon, Brian Flores unleashed the same scheme that beat the Rams in the SB when he was with the Pats. And the defense indeed ATE. Big plays and turnovers all over the field. I can’t remember the last time I saw a defensive performance from this franchise like I saw today. It was very impressive, and the more I see, the more I believe in Flores as a coach. As far as Tua- 93 yards and his first TD pass. A lost fumble, and some decent looking throws. But the game plan was ultra-conservative on offense, and the o-line struggled both in run and pass blocking. Tua will have better days, and it was a decently nice start for him, but today was all about the defense. 

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dolphins just continue to be impressive...I happened to be watching the Red Zone when they showed the end of the Rams game and up two scores with less than a minute left and the Rams having no timeouts, the Dolphins defense still went balls to the wall keeping Rams receivers from going out of bounds on two straight plays.  That's when you know a team's all in.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The Dolphins just continue to be impressive...I happened to be watching the Red Zone when they showed the end of the Rams game and up two scores with less than a minute left and the Rams having no timeouts, the Dolphins defense still went balls to the wall keeping Rams receivers from going out of bounds on two straight plays.  That's when you know a team's all in.

That’s coaching. The players have bought in to what Flores is selling. They ball out for him, and it’s great to see after years and years of mediocre/flat-out horrible coaching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny MD2020, I saw that the Dolphins had put up 28 points at one point and thought “Damn, Tua must be playing a strong first game!”  But it was mostly D-driven.

Good for Flores...on a human level, I’m happy for him.  And of course Puppetricia has been every bit the disaster as a head coach that I knew he’d be.  Thanks to an offense that was consistently putting up 500+ points per season, he was covered up for constantly in NE.  Asking a guy who could barely coordinate a defense to lead a team...what could possibly go wrong?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

 

Funny MD2020, I saw that the Dolphins had put up 28 points at one point and thought “Damn, Tua must be playing a strong first game!”  But it was mostly D-driven.

 

That and special teams- Jakeem Grant took a punt back 88 yards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Tua with a very non-descript first start, as the game plan was to clearly insulate him and let the defense eat. Which is exactly what happened. This afternoon, Brian Flores unleashed the same scheme that beat the Rams in the SB when he was with the Pats. And the defense indeed ATE. Big plays and turnovers all over the field. I can’t remember the last time I saw a defensive performance from this franchise like I saw today. It was very impressive, and the more I see, the more I believe in Flores as a coach. As far as Tua- 93 yards and his first TD pass. A lost fumble, and some decent looking throws. But the game plan was ultra-conservative on offense, and the o-line struggled both in run and pass blocking. Tua will have better days, and it was a decently nice start for him, but today was all about the defense. 

I saw Tua’s stat line and then the score and had to do a double take lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

HUGE win for the Fins in Arizona. Defense stepped up when they had to, and Tua was fantastic. Came up huge when the team needed him. Love this kid. Love this team. 

I really hope you guys beat the Chargers this week. I want Herbert to finally have a bad game so Burrow can stay right there with him in the OROY race lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

HUGE win for the Fins in Arizona. Defense stepped up when they had to, and Tua was fantastic. Came up huge when the team needed him. Love this kid. Love this team. 

You must be lovin this man.  You've waited a long time and slogged your way through your fair share of tough seasons.  Looks like both the Dolphins and the Bills have gotten it right...both should be competitive for a while.  

Pats are currently where the Devils were at the end of Lou's run...meh to poor drafts have finally caught up with them, their roster is both not good AND expensive, and they're finding out how difficult it is to replace a truly special, one-of-the-best type of player in Brady.  I'm sure some think it's just a question of making a few moves and the Pats will be contenders again, but I don't see it.  This is a bad team now, and I think it will be for at least a couple more seasons.  The big question is does BB do the right thing and fully blow this up?  Pats fans need to be patient...after two decades of insane success, it's completely fair to be asked to suck it up for a few 3-6 win seasons...EVERY team eventually finds its way to a valley like this.  I'd much rather see a full tear-down, than a series of "right now" Cam Newton-type moves that, if every last thing breaks your way, maybe get you to 9-10 wins (but are more likely to land you in 7-8 win territory).  

The worst thing about this current Pats team is that it's not a struggling team on the rise with some exciting youth.  That kind of team at least gives you some hope, and some glimpses of what could be.  This one is just done.  Tootoo and others would fit in perfectly.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:
19 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

You must be lovin this man.  You've waited a long time and slogged your way through your fair share of tough seasons.  Looks like both the Dolphins and the Bills have gotten it right...both should be competitive for a while.  

I am brother.... I am. Long way to go, but Tua showed yesterday he can be special. He was at his absolute best with the game on the line too- as advertised, and as witnessed in every big game he played in at Alabama. And the defense- while Murray got his, the defense also rose to the occasion when it mattered most, getting a stop late and holding Arizona to a FG attempt that they thankfully missed. Another game where they put one in the end zone the other way too. Flores has these dudes balling out. The man looks like he can coach. Dolphins fans have waited a long, long time for this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah suffice it to say that Flores isn’t another Puppetricia.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And apparently the Genius has his hands full trying to stop Joe Flacco.  When it rains...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Cam wipes out deep in Jets territory and that sets up 4th down, then on the field goal try, the Jets get penalized for 12 men on the field.  So now 1st and goal for the Pats.

Anti-football at its finest.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And apparently the Genius has his hands full trying to stop Joe Flacco.  When it rains...

Even when the Pats were good Flacco's always been Eli-like in finding a way to make plays against them.  Another reason I 'feared' this game when I heard Darnold was gonna be out lol

Poor guy though, the Jets FINALLY have their top three WR's on the field for the same game and he's nowhere to be found.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL nine minutes and they can't even punch it in the endzone.  Not exactly the days of Moss and Welker.

Yeah sometimes you get the slow decline, and sometimes it all comes crashing down in one fell swoop.

If the Pats lose tonight, they may not win another game this year...they just got a pick though, so still got a shot here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Would Bill dare go for two if they did get the TD?  A lot of these coaches seem antsy this year to push the envelope on two's

He should...why not?

And that throw sums up Cam perfectly.  No accuracy.  Just not good.

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

If I didn't know better I'd swear Flacco was trying to give the Pats another chance here.

Yeah no reason to throw that pass.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL this game deserves OT

Nope.

Best outcome for the Jets, really.  But they did try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ending of that Bills game was nuts.

Pats actually beat the Ravens...now 4-5.  Hard to imagine that there’s any miracle run is coming...still too many holes, and Cam is just not a good passer at this point in his career...too erratic with his accuracy.  But a nice win for a team on the decline.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Ravens finally managed to fubar the NFL's plow through everything plan.  A million positives this week including Lamar Jackson to go along with their top two RB's.  And ironically the Steelers get screwed out of their bye week and their long week off because OTHER teams were careless.  This should really be a forefit win for them because of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Matt Patricia Era (which I knew would be every bit the disaster it turned to be) is finally over in Detroit.  Just remember about him:  Brady and the Pats consistently scoring 500+ points covered up for a lot during Patricia’s time as the Patriot DC.  Right time right place...and now he’s been permanently exposed for what he is.  I won’t be shocked if he gets a DC gig somewhere else and isn’t terribly good at that either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.