GDT: Devil's Vs Aren't we playing the Sharks in like 10 minutes?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

26 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Man I couldn't disagree more with Sal's take just now on resting Blackwood and not "overworking" him.  Why in the blue mother fvcking fvck would we bring Schneider back up?  It's just continuing to muddy the waters and do the same thing over and over and OVER again.  Let me spell it out for you Devils' management.... Schneider is DONE.  He does not need to start another game for the New Jersey Devils.  What's more, Mackenzie Blackwood is our STARTER.  He's a big boy.  He may be young, but he is capable of being a starting goaltender.  Do not treat him like a baby.  He is not going to "lose confidence" by playing him too much.  If anything, he'll gain confidence.  He's playing WELL. If he falters, then you can give him rest.  Until then, be thankful that you have a competent goaltender, and USE HIM.  Because it's been a while. 

The End.

B0316458-564D-47D1-8D5C-57AA6E21BCF5.gif

AE947D91-F5F3-4AFD-A23F-88BEE6AB7D24.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Is there still anyone not sold Mac is a true #1 at this point? 

I think we've all been teased by goalies before who we thought could be #1's but faded into 2's or worse but...I'm starting to get excited about Blackwood. 

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Nice win. Now Hynes Jr. will go ahead and start Schneider on Saturday because he’s an idiot, Ovechkin will score #700 (and probably 701 and 702 as well), and we’ll lose 5-1. 

Lol. He would

Seriously Mac is young, not much of a season left. Put a workload on Mack Black and let's see how he does. Play him, play him, and play him some more. Establish he's the guy heading into 2020-21. He's earned it.

The players on the ice, they don't want anybody else by Blackwood in their and it shows. When he's in net the Devils go out there and feel they can steal any game.

• Like 1

Arizona is sitting in WC#2 with a 1 point lead on the Jets and 3 on the Preds. both have multiple games in hand on them

Vancouver is sitting in Pac#2 with 70 points but also has games in hand on those chasing them

Us showing glimmers of promise, Mac playing like a legit #1 and scoreboard watching is what I have for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Daniel's not totally wrong about Hughes. I mean, writing the kid off is a silly - it's way too early for that. But yeah, he's had his moments of "wow" and then there's a lot of yuck. He seemed like he was figuring it out at one point this year and now he's just a bit of a mess. Sometimes it's not other players just not being good enough to keep up with him, sometimes it's actually just Jack making a bad play or pass. But it's hard to blame the kid, I mean, it can't be easy trying to adjust to the NHL while playing for an organization in disarray. The Devils, fired his first coach and the GM that drafted him, demoted the goalie he lives with, and has now traded two of the team's more important players. They've also played him with a variety of different linemates. And to be fair to Jack, there are many nights where he's far from the worst forward on the ice.

Jack has a hell of a lot of talent, I expect him to be a star player in this league. But as of now he's way too small and weak to be able to really succeed in the NHL. He took a few hits early on in the season that were incredibly dangerous and were it not for Jack being young and physically resilient, they might have resulted in serious injury. Jack has adjusted his game by getting rid of the puck as quick as he possibly can - that's a significant change for a kid who is used to skating left and right with the puck across the offensive zone. It's better that he's getting rid of the puck though, we can't have him getting hit. On one hand Jack has to learn how to make things happen without having as much time on the puck but on the other he just has to get bigger and stronger. No more of this, "I don't want to get so big I can't move," bullsh!t. I know it's hard to hit a caloric surplus in season given the ridiculous amount of cardio the players get but he's got some serious work to do this summer.

The first line was dreadful through the first two periods today by the way. If I recall correctly they had somewhere near zero shot attempts through 30-40 minutes of play. Nas just let them stick tho, and in the third they finally found some chemistry. Nas also had Jack out there for a few defensive zone shifts to end the game because...why the hell not I guess? You can see how Jack just has so much trouble along the boards - where another player might have been able to hold up the play at one point by being stronger on the boards, Jack's attack was ineffective and it resulted in a Marleau shot. Still, screw it, put Jack out there. This team is 100% in experiment mode now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nice win. Now Hynes Jr. will go ahead and start Schneider on Saturday because he’s an idiot, Ovechkin will score #700 (and probably 701 and 702 as well), and we’ll lose 5-1. 

Don’t even stress it, there’s no way Ovi doesn’t score #700 off us. 

• Like 1