2/22 Caps and Mister 699 goals vs Devils 1PM

DevilMinder

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Nico whipped his junk out in the third, laid it on the table and said to anyone bigger than him on the Caps, "How you gonna act?"

THAT is a captain.

I really do love this kid. I don’t think I’ve liked a player this much since the Parise/Kovy teams. 

• Like 2

Well done boys. 

For the last few seasons when we have been in these sh!tty situations I have been like " ah screw it, who cares if we lose, think of the draft pick" .

But now I actually want these guys to win. The young guys on this team need to learn how to win games. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Well done boys. 

Fir the lady few seasons when we have been in these sh!tty situations I have been like " ah screw it, who cares if we lose, think of the draft pick" .

Bit now I actually want these guys to win. The young guys on this team need to learn how to win games. 

I've been saying that for a month or two, and completely agree. Another resilient game today against a  far  superior opponent, blew two leads, including a historical goal, and still found a way to win  in regulation. The importance of that kind of win for the young  guys cannot be understated.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Well done boys. 

Fir the lady few seasons when we have been in these sh!tty situations I have been like " ah screw it, who cares if we lose, think of the draft pick" .

Bit now I actually want these guys to win. The young guys on this team need to learn how to win games. 

Yeah im a bit conflicted here. I certainly enjoy wins and im thrilled for the guys but keeping the big picture in mind... we're also moving away from our best odds at getting a franchise changing player too. Though we could very well get one further down

But i mean... would the Pens or Caps trade getting Lemieux, Crosby or Ovechkin for a "good stretch late in the season to boost their moral" the year before? Are the Pens becoming this succesful with a younger group who learned how to win down a 20 games stretch with Bobby Ryan instead of Crosby you know? lol so i find the whole "they need to learn how to win" thing a bit insignificant when you look at it that way. Also games like this is the reason we got Zacha and not Marner.

But that's just me, its obviously not a bad thing to win. I guess it helps both ways cause if we win then good, and if we lose then good. 

it's just a very conflicting situation

Edited by SterioDesign

Need to give Severson a little love. He’s one of only 4 players on the team that have played in every game this season, and his offense has been impressive lately. Probably never going to be much of a shutdown guy, but he’s good enough to be a key piece in this rebuild. Definitely gets more sh!t than he should here (I’m sure I’m guilty of it at times). I’d bet a lot of teams would like to have him. Especially on a pretty decent contract.