Traded Draft Pick Tracker

Chimaira_Devil_#9

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Just to add if the season finished today and there was no movement in the draft order the Devil's would be selecting 7th, 10th and 17th in the first round of 2020. That's pretty huge. 

I have to imagine the possibility of trading at least one of those picks will prevent that from being true, but in terms of position, that ain’t bad, especially if this draft is as deep as they say. 

37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have to imagine the possibility of trading at least one of those picks will prevent that from being true, but in terms of position, that ain’t bad, especially if this draft is as deep as they say. 

I am sure they will be in the table. However they could go the Boston route or a few years ago and just make all their selections. 

Huge game tonight between the Coyotes and the Jets.

Hoping the Jets can win at home against the Coyotes to further them from a WC spot in the West and help us in the process with our draft pick.

It would definitely hurt their chances to get in if Winnipeg won. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 7.03.54 PM.png

Edited by Devs3cups

Arizona's 1st rounder: 10th overall 

Another game, another loss for the Yotes. This time to their direct rivals for the playoffs the Jets. Arizona now sit 3 points outside the last wildcard spot having played at least one more game than all the teams around them. They are still in with a chance of making it, however every game that goes by that they dont pick up points is another nail in the coffin.  

Vancouver's  1st rounder (which took a short vacation in Tampa) : 2021 first rounder. 

The Canucks didn't play last night , but the Jets win over Arizona has now knocked them out of the last wildcard spot. They still have games in hand over all around them but they need to win. As it stands this pick slides to 2021. 

Carolina's 4th: no pick

No change on this one overnight 

Buffalo's 5th: 5th round

Buffalo somehow beats Washington. This happened because I had a bet on Washington to win. Still no change. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, moustic said:

Thanks Chimaira for keeping this thread up to date ! I appreciate ! 

Seriously, I don’t have the mind to follow these picks in such detail. Thanks for doing it. 

If only I knew where that Vancouver pick came from...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moustic said:

Thanks Chimaira for keeping this thread up to date ! I appreciate ! 

No problem, I was looking to see how we were doing pick wise and I thought others might be interested. 

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Seriously, I don’t have the mind to follow these picks in such detail. Thanks for doing it. 

If only I knew where that Vancouver pick came from...

😂

Where's that Nico GIF. 

6 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Arizona's 1st rounder: 10th overall 

Another game, another loss for the Yotes. This time to their direct rivals for the playoffs the Jets. Arizona now sit 3 points outside the last wildcard spot having played at least one more game than all the teams around them. They are still in with a chance of making it, however every game that goes by that they dont pick up points is another nail in the coffin.  

35 GP w/o Hall:  19-12-4, 97 GF (includes 5 phantom SO goals), 84 GA

35 GP w/Hall:  14-17-4, 98 GF (no phantom goals, these 98 GF are "legit"), 103 GA

Obviously not all on him, but the offense hasn't improved much with him in the lineup.  Looks like some things have gone the other way for them too...they went 2-2 in OT games and 5-2 in SO games over those 35 pre-Hall games.  They've gone 0-2 in OT and 0-2 in SO games since.  

Hard to believe that the Devils are now just 6 points behind them with 2 games in hand.  It's still a long shot, but the Yotes' pick might actually wind up being higher up by the end of the season over the Devils' own pick.  Never saw THAT as a possibility.  

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

35 GP w/o Hall:  19-12-4, 97 GF (includes 5 phantom SO goals), 84 GA

35 GP w/Hall:  14-17-4, 98 GF (no phantom goals, these 98 GF are "legit"), 103 GA

Obviously not all on him, but the offense hasn't improved much with him in the lineup.  Looks like some things have gone the other way for them too...they went 2-2 in OT games and 5-2 in SO games over those 35 pre-Hall games.  They've gone 0-2 in OT and 0-2 in SO games since.  

Hard to believe that the Devils are now just 6 points behind them with 2 games in hand.  It's still a long shot, but the Yotes' pick might actually wind up being higher up by the end of the season over the Devils' own pick.  Never saw THAT as a possibility.  

I mean his arrival coincided with Darcy Kuemper getting injured. And he was in outstanding form. But they should be better than they are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Starting to remind me of the famous Langenbrunner difference. The minute he was traded, the Devils went on a tear and the Stars tanked hard. 

Gotta pray for the Coyotes to continue their free-fall and miss out on the lottery. Two picks in the top-8 is not out of the possibility.

I really love Taylor Hall still, but holy crap this isn't a good look. 

For Taylor, I think it's more of an unfortunate look.  He hasn't really been bad since going there...he's just continued to be the 2019-20 version of himself, which has been "pretty good, occasionally better than that, but not a guy who is going to put a team on his back and somehow will them to victory for extended stretches" (it's safe to say Arizona was hoping for more than that when they traded for him though).  With the Devils, their goaltending through their first 31 games was mostly brutal, and of course, Hynes was here longer than he should've been.  And like CD#9 pointed out, Kuemper did get hurt (though it's not like goaltending for the Yotes has been an issue for them in general...they're well above league average in save%)...and with those 5 shootout wins, it's fair to wonder if the Yotes were REALLY as solid as their 19-12-4 start seemed to indicate.  All reasons why I wasn't trying to imply that Hall's presence somehow poisoned two teams into playing worse with him than without.  I'm more amazed that the Devils are suddenly within reach of the Coyotes from a points standpoint.    

I do think the myth that has to die permanently is that the 2017-18 Put-It-All-Together Hall could come back at any time.  I think the Hall we've seen this season and from 2014-15 - 2016-17 is the real Hall now.  Last season was off to a nice start, but that season illustrates another issue with him...his ability to stay healthy (though to be fair he only missed 16 games from 2015-16 through 2017-18, and hasn't missed any yet this year due to health issues).  

Take out his MVP year (it's just too much of an outlier at this point to use it as a realistic measuring stick), and his rate numbers from 2014-15 through this season are 23.4 G and 42.4 A (or right about 66 points) per 82 GP.  That's about the standard that I would hold him to in seasons going forward, although he's probably not going to reach 82 GP most years...he's only done that once in his career to date.  I could see him exceeding those numbers some years (say a 70+ points per 82 GP pace over 2 seasons, maybe 3), but probably not much higher.  Of course, if someone wants to pay him top UFA dollar for that, so be it...but anyone hoping that he's going to be the game-changing beast that he was for so much of 2017-18 is going to be sorely disappointed.  

The big "BUT" here is that if he ever gets scorching hot during a playoff run and his team wins a Cup due in large part to that...no one will care about "only" pretty good regular seasons from him, or even a premature decline (say, being a shell of himself during the final 3 years of a 7-year deal).  Memorable and career-defining playoff runs have a way of overriding a LOT.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For Taylor, I think it's more of an unfortunate look.  He hasn't really been bad since going there...he's just continued to be the 2019-20 version of himself, which has been "pretty good, occasionally better than that, but not a guy who is going to put a team on his back and somehow will them to victory for extended stretches" (it's safe to say Arizona was hoping for more than that when they traded for him though).  With the Devils, their goaltending through their first 31 games was mostly brutal, and of course, Hynes was here longer than he should've been.  And like CD#9 pointed out, Kuemper did get hurt (though it's not like goaltending for the Yotes has been an issue for them in general...they're well above league average in save%)...and with those 5 shootout wins, it's fair to wonder if the Yotes were REALLY as solid as their 19-12-4 start seemed to indicate.  All reasons why I wasn't trying to imply that Hall's presence somehow poisoned two teams into playing worse with him than without.  I'm more amazed that the Devils are suddenly within reach of the Coyotes from a points standpoint.    

I do think the myth that has to die permanently is that the 2017-18 Put-It-All-Together Hall could come back at any time.  I think the Hall we've seen this season and from 2014-15 - 2016-17 is the real Hall now.  Last season was off to a nice start, but that season illustrates another issue with him...his ability to stay healthy (though to be fair he only missed 16 games from 2015-16 through 2017-18, and hasn't missed any yet this year due to health issues).  

Take out his MVP year (it's just too much of an outlier at this point to use it as a realistic measuring stick), and his rate numbers from 2014-15 through this season are 23.4 G and 42.4 A (or right about 66 points) per 82 GP.  That's about the standard that I would hold him to in seasons going forward, although he's probably not going to reach 82 GP most years...he's only done that once in his career to date.  I could see him exceeding those numbers some years (say a 70+ points per 82 GP pace over 2 seasons, maybe 3), but probably not much higher.  Of course, if someone wants to pay him top UFA dollar for that, so be it...but anyone hoping that he's going to be the game-changing beast that he was for so much of 2017-18 is going to be sorely disappointed.  

The big "BUT" here is that if he ever gets scorching hot during a playoff run and his team wins a Cup due in large part to that...no one will care about "only" pretty good regular seasons from him, or even a premature decline (say, being a shell of himself during the final 3 years of a 7-year deal).  Memorable and career-defining playoff runs have a way of overriding a LOT.  

I think overall that one good season had so much going for it. For Hall and the team. (well maybe not "so much"...more like.. juuust enough)

I think Shero's talk with Hall helped him a lot personally, then he found his groove early and just rode the wave. Then for the team they had that going, then they had Boyle's cancer thing which was really inspirational and that's something that could rally a team together.

That being said... many seem to remember as a super successful season... it was SUPER rocky. I still remember in January, every. loss. the doom and gloom clan was out "this is it, there goes our season, we're done!" and there was a lot of negativity and frustration. The good thing was just Hall having his streak and KK coming out of nowhere. Going on that west trip we all thought that was the end, but we did remarkably well and hell we made the playoffs by like 1 point.

That being said Florida was a way better team than us and should have been there but they dug themselves into a huge hole early and could never recover.

43 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I think overall that one good season had so much going for it. For Hall and the team. (well maybe not "so much"...more like.. juuust enough)

I think Shero's talk with Hall helped him a lot personally, then he found his groove early and just rode the wave. Then for the team they had that going, then they had Boyle's cancer thing which was really inspirational and that's something that could rally a team together.

That being said... many seem to remember as a super successful season... it was SUPER rocky. I still remember in January, every. loss. the doom and gloom clan was out "this is it, there goes our season, we're done!" and there was a lot of negativity and frustration. The good thing was just Hall having his streak and KK coming out of nowhere. Going on that west trip we all thought that was the end, but we did remarkably well and hell we made the playoffs by like 1 point.

That being said Florida was a way better team than us and should have been there but they dug themselves into a huge hole early and could never recover.

Super successful for Hall, no question.  But yeah, lots broke right (some things didn't...Cory falling apart and MoJo never quite finding his, well, mojo)...you had guys like Brian Gibbons contributing at times...and later KK, enjoying the best run of his career.  Late Dec through early Feb was when some were getting plenty nervous...Devils went 5-11-3 during that time (included a six-game losing streak and two four-game losing streaks) and were looking very shaky.  I remember quite a few fans thinking that that big 6-game road swing was going to kill them off (they had lost of four of five going in), but then they went 4-2 on the trip and never faltered to close out their season. 

I don't agree with the last sentence that the Panthers should have been there, because it took way too long for Florida to get going.  It's one thing to struggle for, say, the first couple months of a season and then get rolling, but they didn't get into gear until their 48th game of the season...they basically went through the first four MONTHS of the season playing pretty bad hockey (19-22-6 to that point).  They learned the hard way that it's just SO difficult to make up the ground necessary to fully recover from a bad start, even when it's a wicked hot streak.  And credit to the Devils in that they banked all the points that they needed to down the stretch to finish ahead of Florida.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

On 3/9/2020 at 7:58 AM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I am sure they will be in the table. However they could go the Boston route or a few years ago and just make all their selections. 

They had the 13/14/15 picks in 2015...  unfortunately, they missed horribly.
They went with Jakub Zboril, Jake DeBrusk and Zachary Senyshyn.

I hate when people compare drafts on missed picks that you'd never take...   but it's absolutely to fair to judge by literally the next two picks...    16 Mathew Barzal and 17 Kyle Connor.        If they came away with Barzal, Connor and DeBrusk, that would have been huge.

And if you say Zboril was a defensemen and they wanted one with those 3 picks...   18 Thomas Chabot

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Super successful for Hall, no question.  But yeah, lots broke right (some things didn't...Cory falling apart and MoJo never quite finding his, well, mojo)...you had guys like Brian Gibbons contributing at times...and later KK, enjoying the best run of his career.  Late Dec through early Feb was when some were getting plenty nervous...Devils went 5-11-3 during that time (included a six-game losing streak and two four-game losing streaks) and were looking very shaky.  I remember quite a few fans thinking that that big 6-game road swing was going to kill them off (they had lost of four of five going in), but then they went 4-2 on the trip and never faltered to close out their season. 

I don't agree with the last sentence that the Panthers should have been there, because it took way too long for Florida to get going.  It's one thing to struggle for, say, the first couple months of a season and then get rolling, but they didn't get into gear until their 48th game of the season...they basically went through the first four MONTHS of the season playing pretty bad hockey (19-22-6 to that point).  They learned the hard way that it's just SO difficult to make up the ground necessary to fully recover from a bad start, even when it's a wicked hot streak.  And credit to the Devils in that they banked all the points that they needed to down the stretch to finish ahead of Florida.   

Well that depends on what your angle is. Either if you think the playoffs should be... the best 16 teams in the league... or the top 16 teams in points. A lot of factors can make it that the "best teams" are not in the top 16 in points.

I always remembered what a coach told us once. That all that mattered is how good you are at the end of the season. And i mean it's true... what will people remember in 30 years? how bad the blues were early or how good they were in the playoffs and won the cup?

26 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well that depends on what your angle is. Either if you think the playoffs should be... the best 16 teams in the league... or the top 16 teams in points. A lot of factors can make it that the "best teams" are not in the top 16 in points.

I always remembered what a coach told us once. That all that mattered is how good you are at the end of the season. And i mean it's true... what will people remember in 30 years? how bad the blues were early or how good they were in the playoffs and won the cup?

There’s no debate here.  The teams that finish with the most points in their conferences are the ones that make the playoffs.  There’s no sympathy berths for teams that get hot at some point in the second half of any given season but still don’t accumulate enough points to qualify...or for teams that are somehow “judged” to be better than some bubble team that earned just enough points to make it in.

The 1999-00 Devils went into the playoff plenty cold...they were coming apart under Ftorek, and after he was canned, they were initially uneven under Robinson as the regular season came to an end.  So it doesn’t really matter how good you are at the end of the season (though obviously it’s preferable to go in strong).  You come up with enough points to get in, you have a chance.  You don’t, too bad.  

Anyway, my apologies CD#9, I will keep future posts in this thread relevant to your topic.  

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There’s no debate here.  The teams that finish with the most points in their conferences are the ones that make the playoffs.  There’s no sympathy berths for teams that get hot at some point in the second half of any given season but still don’t accumulate enough points to qualify...or for teams that are somehow “judged” to be better than some bubble team that earned just enough points to make it in.

The 1999-00 Devils went into the playoff plenty cold...they were coming apart under Ftorek, and after he was canned, they were initially uneven under Robinson as the regular season came to an end.  So it doesn’t really matter how good you are at the end of the season (though obviously it’s preferable to go in strong).  You come up with enough points to get in, you have a chance.  You don’t, too bad.  

Anyway, my apologies CD#9, I will keep future posts in this thread relevant to your topic.  

Yep. And the Devils team that won 11 in a row to close out the season in 2006, and then swept the Rags in the first round, got bounced in the 2nd. Go figure. 

48 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

VAN back in the WC2 spot with a win over NYI. 

That one definitely helps. It's gonna be close until the end with the Canucks.

Arizona is now also 3 points behind Minnesota with Minny having a game in hand. That's good for us. 

Edited by Devs3cups

12 hours ago, aylbert said:

They had the 13/14/15 picks in 2015...  unfortunately, they missed horribly.
They went with Jakub Zboril, Jake DeBrusk and Zachary Senyshyn.

I hate when people compare drafts on missed picks that you'd never take...   but it's absolutely to fair to judge by literally the next two picks...    16 Mathew Barzal and 17 Kyle Connor.        If they came away with Barzal, Connor and DeBrusk, that would have been huge.

And if you Zboril was a defensemen andthey wanted one...   18 Thomas Chabot

Yeah the outcome of them doing that want great. It depends on what you are being offered I suppose. 

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No need to apologize, it's a message board. This is what we are all here for. 

Agreed about the league position, the whole point of a league is to filter the best teams out. Sometimes teams may get unlucky with Injuries but every team has injuries. 

The teams that make the post season deserve to be there because they got the points to make it.