Traded Draft Pick Tracker

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Arizona's 1st rounder: 10th overall 

No change in position overnight. Wins for the teams above them haven't improved their chances of making the playoffs. Within the next couple of games they could slip to ninth best in the league if Chicago can beat the Sharks and Ottawa. Seems like a possibility. Next game is another Biggie. 4 point game against Vancouver. 

Vancouver's  1st rounder ( aka. the pick that is going to stress me out for the rest of the year) : 17th+ 2020 

The Canucks gave up the lead 3 times last night but managed to get a shootout win against the islanders. This has pushed them back into the last wildcard spot. They are level on points with Nashville and only one point back on Calgary with a game in hand for 3rd in the Pacific. They just need to keep winning till the end of the season and then get swept in 4. As above next game Friday against the Yotes. 

Carolina's 4th: no pick

Carolina unsurprisingly battered Detroit 5-2 . The win moves them into the 1st wildcard spot , with a game in hand on Columbus below them. Can't see them catching the Penguins in the Metro. So the Wildcard is going to be the only option for them. 

Buffalo's 5th: 5th round

We switched places with Buffalo because we are also terrible. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aylbert said:

They had the 13/14/15 picks in 2015...  unfortunately, they missed horribly.
They went with Jakub Zboril, Jake DeBrusk and Zachary Senyshyn.

I hate when people compare drafts on missed picks that you'd never take...   but it's absolutely to fair to judge by literally the next two picks...    16 Mathew Barzal and 17 Kyle Connor.        If they came away with Barzal, Connor and DeBrusk, that would have been huge.

And if you say Zboril was a defensemen and they wanted one with those 3 picks...   18 Thomas Chabot

Do they have the same GM?

from last night: if that’s ends up being the case, we get Vancouver’s first this year for sure and just need to hope the Yotes lose the lottery.

sorry I didn’t make a clean breakdown that Chimera uses

EDIT: I forgot the damn tiebreaker is Regulation Wins and not ROW. Nucks sit out, Preds in. God. Damnit.

Edited by jagknife

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

from last night: if that’s ends up being the case, we get Vancouver’s first this year for sure and just need to hope the Yotes lose the lottery.

sorry I didn’t make a clean breakdown that Chimera uses

EDIT: I forgot the damn tiebreaker is Regulation Wins and not ROW. Nucks sit out, Preds in. God. Damnit.

That would be a kick in the balls. If they could wait until after tonight's games and Vancouver could pick up a win that would be just great. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

if this is the case.......shouldn't the teams all have played the same amount of games? 

At a minimum?

Yeah was wondering the same thing myself, but suffice it to say that these are about as unique as it gets for a set of circumstances.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Imagine if we were a bubble team and bought at the deadline.... For nothing. 

Like giving up 3 prospects and two draft picks for Taylor Hall? 

Or a prospect and a conditional pick for zero games from Vatanen?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Like giving up 3 prospects and two draft picks for Taylor Hall? 

Or a prospect and a conditional pick for zero games from Vatanen?

Well, the conditional pick was on him playing...  so just a prospect for the opportunity to pay Vatanen half his remaining deal and medical care.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

if this is the case.......shouldn't the teams all have played the same amount of games? 

At a minimum?

I would think if they cancelled the remaining regular season and jumped to playoffs; they'd prorate the points for the standings to not give an advantage to any team who played more games.

35 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I would think if they cancelled the remaining regular season and jumped to playoffs; they'd prorate the points for the standings to not give an advantage to any team who played more games.

i would expect points percentage would be how its seeded before anything else. that makes the most sense.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, aylbert said:

8 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

i would expect points percentage would be how its seeded before anything else. that makes the most sense.

These ideas sound good, unless they don't favor us, in which case, I hate them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:14 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There’s no debate here.  The teams that finish with the most points in their conferences are the ones that make the playoffs.  There’s no sympathy berths for teams that get hot at some point in the second half of any given season but still don’t accumulate enough points to qualify...or for teams that are somehow “judged” to be better than some bubble team that earned just enough points to make it in.

The 1999-00 Devils went into the playoff plenty cold...they were coming apart under Ftorek, and after he was canned, they were initially uneven under Robinson as the regular season came to an end.  So it doesn’t really matter how good you are at the end of the season (though obviously it’s preferable to go in strong).  You come up with enough points to get in, you have a chance.  You don’t, too bad.  

Anyway, my apologies CD#9, I will keep future posts in this thread relevant to your topic.  

There's a debate but you're missing my point. I never said a hottest team should take the spot over another team or wtv lol

I said that on paper our team should not have made it cause there was another team that technically deserved to be there in term of talent.

Just like if... half the Bruins roster would get hurt early and they struggle and miss the playoffs by a point. We all know they "should" have made it based on their team and that whoever is the last wildcard got lucky that the Bruins go injured that much.

i wonder what would happen say Vats was healthy... but obviously wouldn't be able to play x amount of games since the season is postponed... would the condition on the pick still apply?

I'm also a bit worried about the Vancouver pick... hopefully we get to keep it for this year

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

That would be amazing 

Except that it would be a huge disadvantage to the top 8.   The teams coming out of the play-in series would have 2-3 playoff level games under their belt before the start of the traditional round of 16 starts.   

Either way, without the playoffs being cancelled NJ likely goes into the lottery at 6, 10 and 17. To think ten years ago we would be happy for 17th pick once in a while instead of mid 20's. 

If NJ can avoid the reaches on Askarov and Sanderson, they may end up with 6.) Stutzle/Rossi 10.)Raymond/Holtz/Perfetti 17.) Cormier/Poirier/Quinn/Amirov. I know some don't believe we should keep all three but I think we have enough young players to move for instant help on defense. I also think UFA should be used.

• Like 2

I’d honestly be completely fine with taking Askarov at 17. Especially with 2 other picks in the 1st. I know he had a rocky WJC, but he looked amazing at the U18, and he’s the best goalie prospect in years. Rather roll the dice on him than end up with another McLeod type player that will never move the needle much either way. 

Now if there’s a Ty Smith level talent sitting there that’s a different story. 

Edited by Nicomo

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’d honestly be completely fine with taking Askarov at 17. Especially with 2 other picks in the 1st. I know he had a rocky WJC, but he looked amazing at the U18, and he’s the best goalie prospect in years. Rather roll the dice on him than end up with another McLeod type player that will never move the needle much either way. 

I'm going to preface this by saying I totally agree with you.  But it's easy to make that distinction now.. McLeod vs Smith.

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’d like to see Ty Smith be a Ty Smith level talent. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1