Traded Draft Pick Tracker

Chimaira_Devil_#9

this year's draft is a bit worrying cause every player is really not fully scouted compared to usually. Plus playoffs are a huge indicator and something scouts are looking at to finalize their reports. So many reports on players are incomplete so all scouts will have to project a lot more than usual

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

this year's draft is a bit worrying cause every player is really not fully scouted compared to usually. Plus playoffs are a huge indicator and something scouts are looking at to finalize their reports. So many reports on players are incomplete so all scouts will have to project a lot more than usual

At least if we end up with Rossi or Quinn our scouts should already be pretty familiar with them because of all our other prospects playing for the 67’s. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

At least if we end up with Rossi or Quinn our scouts should already be pretty familiar with them because of all our other prospects playing for the 67’s. 

I think that will ring true a lot this draft.    Teams sticking with familiar organizations to them in absence of the deep dives they would have done then.

I think for the top guys it won’t make a difference. While you would have liked to see what they all would have done in the last few months, the known top 10 type guys were probably fully scouted up to that point. If that isn’t the case, I would argue that management failed to do their job. 

I see it as more of an issue for the second round and beyond, that’s more of the deep dive issue to me. 

14 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Maybe the other way around though. Quinn at 10, and Askarov at 17. I think there’s a better possibility he’s still there at that point than Quinn. 

This is what I'd want.  I would not reach that high for a goalie.  I know he's been compared to Price, but my philosophy would be to wait until that 3rd 1st round pick and, if Askarov is still there, then its a huge win for us and you take the kid.  If not, you move on and grab another goalie in the 4 or 5th round.   

• Like 1

Personally I don’t believe he’s still there at 17 and I don’t think we’d get anyone near his quality in this draft. I like Blackwood as much as everyone else but he still has a lot to prove to be considered a number 1. Not only that but there are theories that in today’s nhl you need a 1a/1b to be successful. 

If we do happen to get him at 17 I’d consider that a huge win. 

• Like 2

https://pucksandpitchforks.com/2020/07/31/new-jersey-devils-carolina-hurricanes-finally-finish-sami-vatanen-trade/

Vatanen is playing currently.   So if he doesn't get injured this game, and plays in a second game in this series...  we're getting at least a 4th back from Carolina.

• The Devils get the Hurricanes 2020 3rd-round pick if they beat the New York Rangers in the play-in round, then Sami Vatanen plays 70% of their remaining playoff games. The Rangers games do not impact this condition.
  • The Devils get the Hurricanes 2020 4th-round pick if Vatanen plays two games against the Rangers and the Hurricanes win the series, but he isn’t able to play 70% of their remaining playoff games.
  • The Hurricanes can choose between their 2020 or 2021 4th-round pick if Vatanen plays two games against the Rangers, but they lose.

I think that's a fair compromise, and doesn't kill the spirit of the 5 games in the regular season condition.

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sundstrom said:

to be fair, in this game, he played his top players and they outshot phx considerably.

hot goaltender on the other side.

Yes but did he play them all together? Or were they switching lines every 5 seconds? 

Vancouver are one win away from giving us their pick. Then we can stop rooting for them and hope the wheels come off 😂

We are at least getting a 4th from the Canes as well. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 9:20 AM, sundstrom said:

to be fair, in this game, he played his top players and they outshot phx considerably.

hot goaltender on the other side.

Did someone say hot goaltender?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/meet-the-worlds-sexiest-hockey-goalie-who-has-sent-pulses-racing-on-the-ice-and-stunned-instagram-with-skimpy-selfies

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The jokes are literally writing themselves here. I won't post any cause god knows which job i could get fired from in 15 years if someone found those comments :P 

• Haha 1

Ugh, if the end results are two first rounders at 21 and 24 or something like that, it definitely stings when the "best case" scenario outcomes are considered.

First, it'll make the Hall trade look worse (unless ARZ somehow re-signs him and wins a round in the playoffs).

Second, while still looking on the bright side, two low-end 1st rounders can still help the Devils' prospect pool since NJ doesn't have a 2nd rounder this year, and those two 1sts could be packaged to move up... or result in moving down from one of those spots... still have options that could yield positive outcomes.

...but thinking about the chances that those picks could have been, say, 9th and unprotected next year... oof.