Traded Draft Pick Tracker

Chimaira_Devil_#9

30 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

The first rounder we get from Arizona this year will be no higher than 16th. At this stage if they can win a round and convince Hall to stay it's probably better than tooting for them to fail. 

I think they can get him to stay, especially if they win a round, and you consider the cap is flat, I can’t foresee him gambling on not taking money over location.

Well our perfect scenario (on paper) is now ruined. Goddamnit.

Re-Calculating.

Now we still  need the Canucks to win tnight or at least the series to get their pick. Or if they lose... hope they sh!t the bed next season and we get a better pick... 

Those damn Coyotes... at least won't win the lottery... we could wish for them to lose in the first round... hoping for the 17th pick... I really can't see Hall not exploring free agency after all of this. And he will be getting better options than Arizona. If he does and that they win one playoffs round though we get another first round pick... i highly highly doubt it though.

Now we straight up have to pray that the Pens doesn't win the lottery on Monday

Edited by SterioDesign

23 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Re-Calculating.

Now we still  need the Canucks to win tnight or at least the series to get their pick. Or if they lose... hope they sh!t the bed next season and we get a better pick... 

Those damn Coyotes... at least won't win the lottery... we could wish for them to lose in the first round... hoping for the 17th pick... I really can't see Hall not exploring free agency after all of this. And he will be getting better options than Arizona. If he does and that they win one playoffs round though we get another first round pick... i highly highly doubt it though.

Shouldn’t such prayers be used for the Rags not getting it? 

• Like 2

Bummer about the only playoff series that mattered to us. I was hoping the Devils could walk away from that draft with two of Rossi/Raymond/Holtz/Quinn/Drysdale/Perfetti. The silver lining is that the middle of the first round in this draft still has some good choices: Amirov, Jarvis, Peterka, Lundell, Gunler, etc. All of those guys arguable have first line upside, with Gunler likely being the highest risk/reward, highly underrated IMO. Lundell probably fits as more of a middle six guy if he were on the Devils. 

With Vancouver down against Minnesota now, I can't say I'll be mad if they end up losing this series, and the pick gets bounced to next year's draft. Vancouver has got a good young core with some high end players, but I'm still not convinced that they're a team that's a lock for the playoffs. Unprotected first round picks are simply too valuable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nessus said:

Bummer about the only playoff series that mattered to us. I was hoping the Devils could walk away from that draft with two of Rossi/Raymond/Holtz/Quinn/Drysdale/Perfetti. The silver lining is that the middle of the first round in this draft still has some good choices: Amirov, Jarvis, Peterka, Lundell, Gunler, etc. All of those guys arguable have first line upside, with Gunler likely being the highest risk/reward, highly underrated IMO. Lundell probably fits as more of a middle six guy if he were on the Devils. 

With Vancouver down against Minnesota now, I can't say I'll be mad if they end up losing this series, and the pick gets bounced to next year's draft. Vancouver has got a good young core with some high end players, but I'm still not convinced that they're a team that's a lock for the playoffs. Unprotected first round picks are simply too valuable.

Wouldn’t you put Lapierre in high risk/high reward territory? Maybe Askarov as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nessus said:

With the impending Arizona pick about where we were hoping Vancouver would be...............I am torn between 3 this year or losing the Vancouver pick for the unprotected next year.     With the Devs luck, Canucks win it all.........

• Like 1

Looking through the last 10 years of mid to late 1st rounders and the odds are definitely not great, but there’s some awesome players that were taken in that range: Kuznetsov, Pasta, Kyle Connor, Teravainen, Barzal, Boeser...and Aho was a 2nd rounder...

Getting an impact player at 7 (especially this year) is pretty likely, but at least we’ll have 2 chances later in the 1st to find a gem like one of those guys. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Re-Calculating.

I'm more concerned the Rag$ get 1st overall.  Pens 2 marquee players are getting long in the tooth, Crosby admitted this that their window is closing. And Rutherford has made a couple decent trades, but also sh>tty ones as well. In my opinion, i'd rather see someone like Fla. get 1OA.

The Coyotes series just goes to show you how important good goaltending is. They looked like a lock for the playoffs early in the season, when Kuemper was playing out of his mind. Once he got injured, they were declining to the point that there looked to be no chance at the playoffs for them (pre-COVID shutdown). Then they play the Preds and get outshot every game, and still come out on top because Kuemper was back to pre-injury form. I'm not one to be in favor of drafting goalies early, but if Askarov really is a Carey Price-level prospect, who knows - maybe it makes sense.

• Like 2

Yeah our 7th OA pick just became way more important. If we had 7 and 10 then we could take some chances but now we have to go BPA. I’m not completely sold on Drysdale or Sanderson so if someone like Rossi is still there I think we have to put organizational needs aside.

It also makes me really hope Askarov slides a lot.