GDT: devils vs sharks. late night 10:30 pm

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm on a business trip to the Bay Area so I just scored a single ticket way down low for this one.  I'm here for an SAP integration so I'm trying to convince my boss to let me expense my trip to the S

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Severson was nowhere near Courture, Palms was, but he skated towards Kane. 

Palms was engaged with Kane in front of the net. IMO Severson should've let Palms with Kane and tied up Couture instead of joining in on Kane with Palms.

From how I gathered the sequence at least.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 1.12.14 AM.png

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

21 points with lots of powerplay time while being a turnover machine.  It’s hard to admit that the franchise savior is another Pavel Zacha.  

If you think Jack Hughes has been the main reason for 21 goals against I’m convinced you’re not watching most of the games. 

He makes some bad passes here and there, but they’re not ending up in our net anywhere near that rate. 

And Hughes makes more impressive plays in one week than Zacha has in 4 years. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

His lazy pass on the powerplay led to short handed goal that tied the game up.  He should have been benched after that and scratched for the next game.

That’s fantastic way to develop young talent. Perhaps a public flogging as well? 

I’m sure people will scream defensive liability, but I’d like to see Jack with Goose for a bit. The latter is probably hands down our best player right now. 

Not really loving Nico and Jack together so far. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If you think Jack Hughes has been the main reason for 21 goals against I’m convinced you’re not watching most of the games. 

He makes some bad passes here and there, but they’re not ending up in our net anywhere near that rate. 

And Hughes makes more impressive plays in one week than Zacha has in 4 years. 

I hope you are talking about Quinn

8 minutes ago, ilzz89 said:

I hope you are talking about Quinn

Are you serious? Do you people just straight up  scoresheet watch or something? Kid makes unbelievable passes and out-skates people constantly. I get the frustration from a lack of productivity standpoint, but to not even be impressed or like what you see out of him?? There’s been several times this season where I just think damn this kid will be something else in a couple years. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ilzz89 said:

Im serious the only unbelievable passes he made today was missing palms twice on pp sending it behind him, there is a reason Zacha has more points.

I clearly said in my post “in one week” meaning multiple games, not just tonight. The entire top line was bad tonight. 

Zacha has 7 more points (and 1 less goal) at 23 in his 4th season, than Jack does at 18 in his rookie year...great!

I wonder what Jack will look like in his 4th year...

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I clearly said in my post “in one week” meaning multiple games, not just tonight. The entire top line was bad tonight. 

Zacha has 7 more points (and 1 less goal) at 23 in his 4th season, than Jack does at 18 in his rookie year...great!

I wonder what Jack will look like in his 4th year...

A bust... clearly. He's a turnover machine lol.

I think maybe these dudes are blind and have thought it was Jack turning the puck over all year when it was Simmonds.

Daniles is trollsexual. We don`t accept it and we arn`t tolerance. How dare we? in 2k20! Daniel, please, make your coming out. 

Trollsexual is a normanl typical gender. In LGBT trollsexualism is for T. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Looks like things proceeded as expected in my absence lol. 

How did Cory look? A 3-2 overtime loss is better than getting blown out, of course, but still. 

Does it really matter? This is exactly what he always does. Teases and plays well when it’s meaningless. 

I swear if Fitz (or whoever) is dumb enough to fall for this...

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Does it really matter? This is exactly what he always does. Teases and plays well when it’s meaningless. 

I swear if Fitz (or whoever) is dumb enough to fall for this...

I’m not falling for it. But he played in the game, is that not a legitimate question to ask? No reason to be obnoxious!!

Oh wait, you meant THAT Fitz, nvm.

;)

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Anyone wanna roll the dice and wager Cory gets another start for Mac’s “load management”? And cause Nas wants to reward the ginger for a “strong performance”?

Cory and Blackwood are going to go 1:1 here on the way in, which makes no sense to me but it just is what it is.

Maybe I'm feeling particularly 'meh' this morning, but it is what it is with Jack.  He's had a disappointing season for a 1OA, but he's probably the least physically developed 1OA in (recent?) history.  It is what it is, hope he takes a major step forward over the offseason.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Jack is getting every opportunity, yet Nail Yakupov will have put up more points in his first year in a lockout shortened season than Jack is going to put up in a full season.  But, I know...

Image result for gif all is well

Even for someone who’s a constant pessimist, you’re an absolute fvcking clown.

Yakupov had an electric first year. People were all excited to see what he’d turn into. it was the lack of growth and development that did him in. 

Yak was on pace for 53 points his rookie year. No teenager in Devils history has ever scored that many points. Nico had 52; and Jack isn’t buoyed by playing next to the Hart winner this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Jack is getting every opportunity, yet Nail Yakupov will have put up more points in his first year in a lockout shortened season than Jack is going to put up in a full season.  But, I know...

Image result for gif all is well

Well, you could express frustration and concerns without jumping right to calling the kid a bust at 18. Just because there’s been a run of absolutely phenomenal HoF players like Crosby, McDavid, Ovi, Kane, etc that all came right into the league at #1 and lit it up doesn’t mean Jack is a bust because he hasn’t. 

People like you don’t want to hear it but there’s plenty of examples of #1’s not killing it in their rookie seasons. Thornton has already been brought up as an example, but there’s also Lecavalier (28 points his rookie season) who went on to win a Cup, 4x All Star, win a Rocket Richard Trophy, etc. 

How about Rick Nash? 39 points his first season. He also went to win a Rocket, 6x All Star, and became one of the best power forwards in the game for like a decade...

CALM DOWN 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Cory and Blackwood are going to go 1:1 here on the way in, which makes no sense to me but it just is what it is.

Maybe I'm feeling particularly 'meh' this morning, but it is what it is with Jack.  He's had a disappointing season for a 1OA, but he's probably the least physically developed 1OA in (recent?) history.  It is what it is, hope he takes a major step forward over the offseason.

I won’t be upset with Jack until we get actual pieces with talent around him and we have a coach who doesn’t have two playmakers on the same line with a single shooter. Our system is broken, our team is honestly been trash, and even with the recent run we have spare parts in the lineup.

DBA and DBA 2.0 playing Hughes almost the whole year with Simmonds and Wood was beyond stupid. But they swear he needs protection. Then the compensation of trying to play him on the wing with another playmaker and only one shooter was also pretty ducking stupid if you ask me. You now put one line for the other team to match against and they can roll the dice versus goose.

Do I expect us to get a top 3 guy over the summer via UFA? No, we don’t have the prestige yet, we just have a vault of cap space. But I do expect (or demand) one or two 2nd line guys who could slot in at a top line if needed until others develop. If that happens, and Jack still looks meh, then I’ll get antsy. The dude is 18, he’s not done growing nor developing. This American McJesus expectation of him is insane (not you or most people, obviously)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Well, you could express frustration and concerns without jumping right to calling the kid a bust at 18. Just because there’s been a run of absolutely phenomenal HoF players like Crosby, McDavid, Ovi, Kane, etc that all came right into the league at #1 and lit it up doesn’t mean Jack is a bust because he hasn’t. 

People like you don’t want to hear it but there’s plenty of examples of #1’s not killing it in their rookie seasons. Thornton has already been brought up as an example, but there’s also Lecavalier (28 points his rookie season) who went on to win a Cup, 4x All Star, win a Rocket Richard Trophy, etc. 

How about Rick Nash? 39 points his first season. He also went to win a Rocket, 6x All Star, and became one of the best power forwards in the game for like a decade...

CALM DOWN 

Going back more than 20 years, and Thornton was banished to the fourth line on a Pat Burns team. 

Jack doesn't have to light it up, but he at least be visible for things besides causing short handed goals.

• Like 1