GDT: Devils at Kings: Family Rivalry - 29 Feb @ 4pm Eastern

jagknife

16 minutes ago, CaptainScotty said:

Man Hughes gets  caught watching the puck so much. He doesn't read the play. I do not think he will ever fulfill the hype that he came in with, his trick of skating around everyone and then sending a no look pass just does not work on NHL defensemen, much less at NHL speeds. How many times have we seen him try to handle the puck, pass it to no one and then get crunched along the boards. I gave up on him being Kane a long time ago, but at this point RNH would be a stretch.

He's not a bad player, but i doubt he fits in any higher than a second line wing. I know he is the youngest player in the league, but he has not demonstrated any consistent hockey IQ at NHL speeds. I can't tell if he's a poor stickhandler or doesn't have the confidence.

Sucks that we got the weakest Number 1s in the last decade. While both are good, I doubt either will ever be a superstar you can build a franchise on or sell a bunch of tickets to see.

Watch Lafreniere be the next coming of Yzerman. 

image.gif.4471fb17db41987e578893a4c91ed0cf.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Mac’s only weakness...

The defense in front of him?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The defense in front of him?  

Well that goes without saying, but he did have a problem early on with getting beat high a lot. That was a great play by Kopitar and Brown though, so I’m not going to beat Mac up too much over it. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Well that goes without saying, but he did have a problem early on with getting beat high a lot. That was a great play by Kopitar and Brown though, so I’m not going to beat Mac up too much over it. 

Yeah wasn’t a whole lot he could do on that one.

5 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

carrick and cleasson hard to watch.. feel sorry for the line out there with them.. zacha's been stuck with them a bunch.. overall defense is hard to watch hughes and severson and Mermis handing the goal to the kings

Claesson should really enjoy this NHL stint...he may never get another one.

Just now, CHIP72 said:

Blackwood coming up really big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy is so locked in (and getting some good fortune to boot).  Would be nice if he got more help.