GDT: Devils at Kings: Family Rivalry - 29 Feb @ 4pm Eastern

jagknife

Mac as usual deserved better. Hopefully he's able to keep his head up in spite of the rolling out the sieve now that he's back up.

Guadana - I'm with you terrible timing on the attempted change Palms never got back into the play did he? I also get the fact they got abused for an extended shift and lost their legs but don't think the long change had much of a chance for success there.

In the end whatever, it was another meaningless game. Turn the page and move on.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

That would have been a long shift for anyone. They were out there defending almost the whole 2 min.

in overtime players must be more agressive without the puck and have some  more endurance. He wasnt look great all OT in our zone. Can i blame him? i don`t think. He has d-man and d-forward zacha and they didnt do something that can help... to change the line at least.

15 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Mac as usual deserved better. Hopefully he's able to keep his head up in spite of the rolling out the sieve now that he's back up.

Guadana - I'm with you terrible timing on the attempted change Palms never got back into the play did he? I also get the fact they got abused for an extended shift and lost their legs but don't think the long change had much of a chance for success there.

In the end whatever, it was another meaningless game. Turn the page and move on.

Like Nicomo said Goose was off and i blame zacha and severson there. But in the fact they are worse and havnt so much expirience than Kopitar and doughty in puck possession. They are off too and lose after that when they cant change.
I think there werent many opportunity in hands of Goose and Zacha - Nas must pick Zajac(or Nico and Palms) to shot down best  kings and give a chance to Zacha and Goose after that.

Edited by Guadana

Bad shot attempt by Severson only time NJD had puck possession in OT... made that line out there a long time....and Bad change by Zacha . 

PLease take Hughes off top line.. -He is just not ready. Late in game it was 

Rooney-Nico -Palms . 

need a top Lw , for first line ...

?? -Nico -Palms  -All look lost with Hughes. 

Bratt-  Zacha   - Gusev -Bst line on the ice. 

Hughes- Zajac - ???  

Rooney - Mcleod - Anderson 

Claessen not a good game either....

Mueller , Carrick playing well Mermis is OK also....

Mcleod only played 9:00 . 

The more I think about it, the dumber it gets. Why not hold Gusev on the bench until you have clear possession and can sub him on easily? The only reason Zacha could be out there is to cover Gusevs efensive deficiency’s. Jv coaching points.

or you just start with your best! Palms and Nico. Ugh

Edited by Devils Pride 26
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

The more I think about it, the dumber it gets. Why not hold Gusev on the bench until you have clear possession and can sub him on easily? The only reason Zacha could be out there is to cover Gusevs efensive deficiency’s. Jv coaching points.

or you just start with your best! Palms and Nico. Ugh

Yup. And I’d go Zajac with Gusev long before I would go with Zacha.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Much more of a playmaker, but he can sure score in close. As money in the shootout as I’ve ever seen. 

Dunno how I missed this reply during the only period I could watch, but agreed he is a playmaker, but man he has a nice shot when he lets it rip

3 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

What a sweet feed by Hughes. Wow.

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Anyone that call Hughes “invisible” can fvck right off. 

Kid creates constant chances. 

That pass through the D-man’s legs was as smooth as it gets. 

• Like 2

9 goals and 10 assists for Bratt in his last 25 GP.  Would love to see him put together a solid season from start to finish next year.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

9 goals and 10 assists for Bratt in his last 25 GP.  Would love to see him put together a solid season from start to finish next year.  

Bratt’s been really good lately. It seems playing with Goose is a big part of it. Would like to see Hughes go back to center and get some time with those two. And who cares about defensive liability, we’re giving up a ridiculous amount of shots every game anyway. Those 3 would be dynamic as hell together. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Bratt’s been really good lately. It seems playing with Goose is a big part of it. Would like to see Hughes go back to center and get some time with those two. And who cares about defensive liability, we’re giving up a ridiculous amount of shots every game anyway. Those 3 would be dynamic as hell together. 

Yeah wouldn’t mind seeing those three get a look.  

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And who cares about defensive liability, we’re giving up a ridiculous amount of shots every game anyway. Those 3 would be dynamic as hell together. 

And, we’re playing games that don’t matter anyway, we can experiment with the lineup. Obviously. 

11 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Picking up these loser points is just the worst. 

The Devils have somehow managed to pick up points at a 97-point pace over their last 33 GP (16-10-7 record).  Obviously some players have picked up their offense during that stretch (Goose, Bratt, Severson, and though Palms has cooled off a little as of late, he’s put up 12 G and 12 A in 29 games since the Devils started banking a lot more points), but it definitely feels like so much of this turnaround is Blackwood-driven.  He’s gone 13-3-4 in 21 games, with a .928 save%...go back a little further, and his save% is .932 over his last 24 games.

Really curious to see how the Devils play once the schedule toughens up (and it will, after this trip concludes).  On one hand, I’ve enjoyed seeing players like Bratt and Goose putting up some numbers.  But it’s hard to imagine that Mac can possibly continue to be so effective when his D is so rough most games.  And gotta think Cory will get torched some games.