GDT: Devils at Vegas, 3/3/2020, 10pm Eastern

mfitz804

Credit to Vegas for playing a pretty solid and almost mistake-free game, but the Devils need one or two more scoring threats in a big way.  They just haven't really tested Vegas much at all tonight.  Some decent pressure here and there, but not too many quality chances and didn't really make Lehner sweat.

No help for Mac on that one.  Mueller useless.

Good team doing good things...oh well.  

Just now, Nicomo said:

Mueller and Subban have to be the worst 1st pairing in the league. 

I still dream of the Devils finding some way to move on from PK, but I know it ain’t happenin.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I intended to stay up, but didn’t make it through the second intermission. I’m glad. 

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I didn’t make it through the first period. Also glad.

I watched the whole damned thing.  Guess who's not glad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jagknife said:

Sadly this isn’t photo shopped...

NHL.com sucks

2607EB58-B2AA-46AD-91AB-1C098717479C.jpeg

NHL still feels like they are way far behind the other sports when it comes to the quality (and to an extent quantity) of online content.

I didn't watch the game but woke up, saw the score, and just rolled my eyes.  Not surprised, but its definitely back to reality.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I didn't watch the game but woke up, saw the score, and just rolled my eyes.  Not surprised, but its definitely back to reality.

Honestly, we got beaten by a team that's way better than we are. That's gonna happen. Doesn't make me think we suck any more than I already thought, just like going on an impressive run in February didn't make me think we suck any less. 

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Mueller and Subban have to be the worst 1st pairing in the league. 

this has actually not turned out to be the most awful pairing in the world. truth be told, this would be a perfectly fine 3rd pair and if you put a stud w/ severson, you could argue its a passable 2nd pair.

x - severson

meuller-subban

x-x

i know that butcher is still here, but ideally, i'd love to move him this offseason and put smith in his role on the 3rd pair with a veteran solid RD. use butcher as part of a package for a top LHD (looking at a trouba like situation - maybe jonas brodin).

or a guy like joel edmundson for the left  to pair w/ severson.

brandon montour for 3rd pair RD w/ smith could be a thing as well.

26 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

this has actually not turned out to be the most awful pairing in the world. truth be told, this would be a perfectly fine 3rd pair and if you put a stud w/ severson, you could argue its a passable 2nd pair.

x - severson

meuller-subban

x-x

i know that butcher is still here, but ideally, i'd love to move him this offseason and put smith in his role on the 3rd pair with a veteran solid RD. use butcher as part of a package for a top LHD (looking at a trouba like situation - maybe jonas brodin).

or a guy like joel edmundson for the left  to pair w/ severson.

brandon montour for 3rd pair RD w/ smith could be a thing as well.

It was a bit of a heat of the moment overreaction post. Mueller has actually been slightly better lately. He just looked completely useless on that goal.

I wish he would use his size more. 

29 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Just saw the video of Reeves making Mueller his bottom b!tch like seven times last night.

God I can't wait for that muppet to be off my favorite hockey team.

Worst thing he has a big chance to resign. what a world do we live in?