GDT: Blues @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

48 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I like Mermis’ game. He’s looked solid out there most of the time and I don’t notice him making many mistakes it seems.

First Devil to score his first career goal via knucklepuck. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Seems weak for goaltender interference to me. You barely have to breathe on them these days?

He kicked the guy’s five hole open and slid the puck through it, it couldn’t have been clearer that it was interference. 

• Like 1

Amazing. Look at the opening night roster, and tonight’s roster, and tell me which one had a better chance to beat the Blues. 

Sometimes there’s just no explanation. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Made a nice play to chip out right before that, too. 

I swear to Christ he reads my posts and does things to spite me. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

18-11-7 since 12/14.  And they’ve beaten some good teams along the way.  

• Like 2

The Devils beat a good team and it wasn't because the goalie stood on his head - they were pretty even with the Blues today, probably even outplayed them. These are the kinds of games Nas needs to get consideration for the HC job next year. It's just one game though and the Devils have largely not been very good under him outside of goaltending (and penalty kill). He's going to need a lot more of this type of win to make a case for himself.

Needless to say, the Hischier-Palms line was alive today - no doubt they are much better without Hughes and having Wood and his size/strength/speed combo instead.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Nice win tonight and strong game by Schneider. Hopefully this late run helps Cory land a job somewhere in the NHL next year but we can’t let this prevent us from moving on from him

Unfortunately, I just don’t see anyone taking on that contract. And he would have to wave his NTC. 

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Love the boys turning their game up in march for the playoff push.

nah but in all honesty, we’ll get a top pick and we’re not bad enough or lucky enough to get lafreniere anyway. may as well enjoy these kids finally putting some dubs in their bag.

Exactly, with how deep the draft is this year, we’re getting a stud anyways. I like that the young guys are getting Ws.

• Like 1