GDT: Penguins @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

Going for 3 in a row with my GDT’s. We usually play pretty well against Pittsburgh, but we don’t have our Penguin killer anymore without Coleman. 

Should get our first look at Kuokkanen tonight. Matt Tennyson also called up. Not sure who’s in goal. 

LGD

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm going tonight, I'm curious to see what attendance will look like with the coronavirus stuff going on. Secondary market is ridiculously cheap so I think it might be a sparse crowd. 

REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS AND LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

Yeah I have tix for 3/19 and 3/28...as well as for Wicked on 3/21.  Not sure if we'll be going to any of those events now.  Who knows?

Yeah, wash your hands, plenty!

LGD!

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm going tonight, I'm curious to see what attendance will look like with the coronavirus stuff going on. Secondary market is ridiculously cheap so I think it might be a sparse crowd. 

REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS AND LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

I’ll be in a suite tonight, gotta figure that’s a little safer, no?  What section are you in?

Pens been on a slide as of late. They need to get back in the winning column. . What better place to start than in Newark.

But, my team will have a say in that! LGD's,  piss in their cheerio's.

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Tonight is the night when the world will know that Kuokko is better than kakko.

LGD!

Going to channel my inner mfitz here...I look forward to the day that they have to play each other, because if they ever get into a scrap, we'll be treated to the first kak-fight in NHL history.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Going to channel my inner mfitz here...I look forward to the day that they have to play each other, because if they ever get into a scrap, we'll be treated to the first kak-fight in NHL history.  

Well done sir, well done.

Would love to see us get a win on home ice against another good team.  It won't be easy, but the boys have a lot of momentum and should be feeling great, because, well, they've been playing great lately.  Hope they can keep it up.

Supposedly Blackwood is in net tonight....heard it from Boomer and Gio who apparently are doing the radio broadcast tonight, but not sure where they got the information from.  

4 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

The rate this decline is going it might be one of the last live games one can see. (this season, not forever because that's crazy)

2 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

I’ll be in a suite tonight, gotta figure that’s a little safer, no?  What section are you in?

First death in NJ today, an older person who had other conditions but still horrible to see. So hard to gauge how any of this is going to go but hopefully everyone stays safe. I think it's gonna be a sparse crowd so should be able to spread out anyway lol

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

First death in NJ today, an older person who had other conditions but still horrible to see. So hard to gauge how any of this is going to go but hopefully everyone stays safe. I think it's gonna be a sparse crowd so should be able to spread out anyway lol

Yeah I'm wondering about that too...if people truly start staying away, if they still have the option of actually going.  

My company provides a certain kind of control panel for Citigroup's data centers (located on Greenwich Ave in NYC), and I had to go there for a meeting back in late January.  I went into the building and met up with a couple of local contractors, no issues.

Just last week, we had to do some mod work to one of our panels that had already been installed...I sent my tech up there, and he had to sit through a 30-minute safety meeting re:  the coronavirus, and there were several safeguards and additional checks that obviously slowed everything down (and had a lot of contractors stressed, as this phase of the project is supposed to go online very soon).

Starting to feel more and more like an alternate reality every day.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I'm wondering about that too...if people truly start staying away, if they still have the option of actually going.  

My company provides a certain kind of control panel for Citigroup's data centers (located on Greenwich Ave in NYC), and I had to go there for a meeting back in late January.  I went into the building and met up with a couple of local contractors, no issues.

Just last week, we had to do some mod work to one of our panels that had already been installed...I sent my tech up there, and he had to sit through a 30-minute safety meeting re:  the coronavirus, and there were several safeguards and additional checks that obviously slowed everything down (and had a lot of contractors stressed, as this phase of the project is supposed to go online very soon).

Starting to feel more and more like an alternate reality every day.  

I think it certainly helps that even though the team has been playing well that the game is basically "meaningless" in the sense that we aren't making the playoffs and it's not a playoff game then why risk it. The Devils should have some hand sanitizer stations setup in the bathrooms and concourses because that should be something simple and easy to setup.

I'm trying to be rational about the whole thing. I certainly get why people think it's all overblown but at the same time I think it's perfectly understandable why someone who already is older or more prone to getting sick or is just around older people or people who would be prone to it wouldn't show up tonight. 

It's weird that most comments I've been seeing are so one sided about this stuff so far.

Geez that seems like a long meeting for something we aren't too sure of so far. A lot of people I know who have desk jobs are being allowed to work from home until April. Which seems wild but in 2020 we have the technology that everyone with that sort of job can work from home so it makes sense to take advantage of it. Worst case scenario nothing happens and we all move on. Plus who doesn't like to work with no commute? Lol

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

686243189_ScreenShot2020-03-10at3_06_57PM.png.d0a720c767f76cd24b0277eb0c981522.png

Personally I think that's dumb...

why not take those people and have them meet the Pens players? I mean come on, this is war.

Just bring in some virus laden people to lick everything in the visitor's locker room? I like it.