GDT: Penguins @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

6 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I disagree but IF it's possible and they don't do it they're frigging insane. 

Buying him out after next year is kind of a bitch...it’s a $7,666,666 hit in Year One (only $666,667 in the second year, then the Devils would be done with him).  Nashville was probably thrilled just to get him off their roster, regardless of the return.  But PK had just enough of a name and just decent enough numbers to trick teams into thinking he wasn’t a zilch.  Unfortunately the Devils were the team that bit.

• Like 1

Oh well...not like the Devils were going to run the table on the season, against some tough competition.  Onto Thursday.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Remember games like this when the Nas extension talks start...

Not saying it’s on him, but man they looked bad tonight. 

Blame to go around tonight, but yeah, I’ve never been thrilled with idea of Nas sticking around beyond this season.  His players are definitely not mailing it in, but that’s not enough for me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I see that Daniels internet connection that went out during the Ranger game miraculously recovered when the Devils were losing tonight. How strange. 

I see that we’ll have legit lottery winning odds again this year.  Maybe we’ll actually get a good player this time around.  

• Shocking 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Blame to go around tonight, but yeah, I’ve never been thrilled with idea of Nas sticking around beyond this season.  His players are definitely not mailing it in, but that’s not enough for me.  

Not when there’s proven options out there. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I see that we’ll have legit lottery winning odds again this year.  Maybe we’ll actually get a good player this time around.  

Like Dahlin or Eichel? Who are on a team we were just AHEAD of in the standings.

Your’e ridiculous. Especially if you truly believe Nico Hischier isn’t a good hockey player. 

37 minutes ago, MB3 said:

On behalf of everyone, @SterioDesign, I’m sorry. 

PK Subban absolutely stinks.

To be fair i was saying his attitude was a problem but it doesn't seem to be a problem in NJ.

And i said he was really really overrated, not as good as people thought and overpaid for what he could bring.

I never said he sucked or was "this bad"... but there he is lol So you don't have to be sorry.

Well... i did say he was a turnover machine and bad defensively i guess... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

To be fair i was saying his attitude was a problem but it doesn't seem to be a problem in NJ.

And i said he was really really overrated, not as good as people thought and overpaid for what he could bring.

I never said he sucked or was "this bad"... but there he is lol So you don't have to be sorry.

Well... i did say he was a turnover machine and bad defensively i guess... 

I think his attitude is a problem, but in a different way.  He just seems happy no matter what’s going on around him.  Too damned happy.  Why shouldn’t he be?  He gets top dollar regardless of how he or his team is performing.  Guy just reeks of complacency.  I know I’ve said this, but man he would’ve been SO perfect on those late 90s-early 00s Ranger teams.  Comically so.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think his attitude is a problem, but in a different way.  He just seems happy no matter what’s going on around him.  Too damned happy.  Why shouldn’t he be?  He gets top dollar regardless of how he or his team is performing.  Guy just reeks of complacency.  I know I’ve said this, but man he would’ve been SO perfect on those late 90s-early 00s Ranger teams.  Comically so.

yeah i kind of wish he would have been a Ranger... then i would have saved a lot of time on here not having to prove and argue about him being overrated, overpaid, etc etc lol

Seriously though its weird. I mean he's always been egomaniac and all but he was always giving his 200% every shift. It looked like the guy wanted to win. But as his career went on it's like he's more interested in being a famous personality than a good hockey player. I really do think wtv article suggesting that he just had too much on his plate and wasn't focused enough on hockey might be up to something.

Edited by SterioDesign

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

So if Hughes becomes a "good player" you'll drop this whole misery shtick?

I'm all for encouraging wishful thinking but we all know that isn't happening lol

And by that i don't mean that Hughes isn't becoming a good player... i mean Daniel dropping the misery shtick, that's his whole identity